It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits its using drones over Syria.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

'Le Figaro' quotes Western military source as saying armed Israeli drones conducting surveillance in Syria by way of Jordan.

Jordan has opened two corridors of its airspace to Israeli Air Force drones seeking to monitor the ongoing conflict in Syria, French daily Le Figaro reported on Sunday, citing a Western military source in the Middle East.

According to the report, Jordanian King Abdullah made the decision in March during US President Barack Obama's visit to Jordan, which came immediately after his first trip as president to Israel.

Le Figaro quoted the military source as saying that the Israeli drones fly at night to avoid detection. The source added that "the Syrians have Russian air defense assets, but Israeli aircraft are difficult to detect and therefore virtually immune to anti-aircraft measures."

www.jpost.com...

Gotta be something to this is jpost is running the story. I imagine Mossad would have strict control over everything like this in the media.

So, Its been quiet on the Syria front with Boston and all, so whats happening in Syria? Is Assad still threatning to make good and use chemical weapons if a foreign army interferes?...

How long until Israel's drones are shooting back?

edit, I know some pedantic mod-wannabies will jump on this saying its not Israel admitting anything, true. But the fact that the media, the Israel dominated media put this out there speaks volumes, in my opinion!
edit on 22-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Not trying to mess up your OP or nothing. But it is the JP. All Israeli propaganda all the time.

I just don't like that country.

Would love to see someone take them out. Not the civilians, of course, just the wretched Zionest hateful bastages.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Keeping an eye on known chemical weapons storage facilities i would think, and who can blame them for doing so? Most of the world's jhadists are swarming all over Syria........ Would you be comfortable with these freaks on your doorstep?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue.

And I bit it again on the second line.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I agree, So, they either are flying drones over Assad's back porch, or they want him to think they are.

Either way, its a big push against a cornered, dangerous man!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You think he is cornered. Well I hope he is not.

Either way, lots of people lose.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When did Israel steal our drone tech? Or did the traitors in our government think it was ok to give away millions of tax payers dollars in technology to a terrorist nation? As usual Israel will keep messing around until they get attacked then they will cry we were defending ourselves. How long until the traitor in charge decides to send Americans to die in Jordan/Syria for Israel?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Keeping an eye on known chemical weapons storage facilities i would think, and who can blame them for doing so? Most of the world's jhadists are swarming all over Syria........ Would you be comfortable with these freaks on your doorstep?

Seeing how they have lived side by side for years and the "freaks" haven't used the weapons why suddenly worry about it? Oh yeah you worry when you have been attacking that nation for no reason.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I was clearly referring to the influx of foreign fighters, not the Syrian people.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Seeing how they have lived side by side for years and the "freaks" haven't used the weapons why suddenly worry about it? Oh yeah you worry when you have been attacking that nation for no reason.

Israel and Syria fought several wars. There are no diplomatic relationships between Israel and Syria to this day.
Assad is allied with Iran and Hizbollah. Rebels are allied with Islamic Jihad and Hamas.
You wonder why Israel is concerned with current situation in Syria? And you are not aware that Hamas and Hizbollah did attack Israel?
As for your funny drone remark - Israel is a major exporters of drones. Israeli air force uses only home made drones. US even bought drones designed by Israeli firms. I understand that asking for objective thinking is bit too much ,but how about at least denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Originally posted by buster2010

Israel and Syria fought several wars. There are no diplomatic relationships between Israel and Syria to this day.
Assad is allied with Iran and Hizbollah. Rebels are allied with Islamic Jihad and Hamas.
You wonder why Israel is concerned with current situation in Syria? And you are not aware that Hamas and Hizbollah did attack Israel?
As for your funny drone remark - Israel is a major exporters of drones. Israeli air force uses only home made drones. US even bought drones designed by Israeli firms. I understand that asking for objective thinking is bit too much ,but how about at least denying ignorance?

America is the major exporter of drones and even Israel admits that the American drones can do things theirs cannot. Yes I'm aware the Hamas and Hezbollah attacked Israel. But I'm also aware that Israel is to blame for both Hamas and Hezbollah. They helped create Hamas and Hezbollah came into being after they invaded Lebanon. Maybe if Israel minded it's own business instead of trying to reclaim the land they claim belongs to them then they wouldn't be having all of these problems?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'd tend to agree with that. If the Jihadi get at the warheads without adult supervision nearby, Israel will first learn of it when warheads drop on Haifa and Tel Aviv. I would think they are keeping a very close eye on their greatest nightmares in physical form.

They ought to be careful with those drones tho. Iran treated the stealing of our Sentinel drone like a big game. Complete with the little pink model of it sent back to the White House when we demanded it back. Somehow, I don't think Assad will be half as generous with the good humor if a drone with the Star of David across it's tail plops down in a highly restricted Syrian base or crashes into a Presidential Palace somewhere, as if to say Hi.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I'm glad to see some folks do put the time into being aware of the world and military capabilities of both enemies and allies. Others do seem to think SO little of Israel that the idea of a robust and very technically advanced domestic arms industry is just.....beyond belief. When in fact, as you note there, Israel is among the most advanced production centers for military technology in the world. They don't do everything like the US does..but what they DO, they are among the very best at. Indeed..They've had a thing for making their own drones for quite some time now.

It's really surprising some with such self declared expertise in matters related to Israel wouldn't be very aware of that? Oh well.... Thanks for the reference and context though. It matters a lot to keep it real on these things, eh?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well they have been flying spy drones into lebanon over the last couple of weeks so I don't see why they wouldn't be doing the same to Syria. Israel just being Israel I guess.

top topics

join