It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombing : DID YOU NOTICE THIS? -- Going Viral!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wheres the proof that post was put up BEFORE the bomb went off?
Has anyone come up with any theories why this is bunk?

I dont use twitter, does it show enough detail as to the minute/date the entry was posted?

Also keep in mind that the Syria Army came out saying they celebrated a hacking attack they did on certain western news websites. could this be a cover story to cover their mistake or will it be the 'culprit'?

allthingsd.com...

We now know who it was that carried out the hacking attacks on the Twitter accounts of various CBS News outlets last night: The Syrian Electronic Army.

It’s a band of digital activists and hackers who support the beleaguered government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The group, which claimed credit for the attacks via a statement on its website, has a history of attacking the websites and social media accounts of various western media organizations.

On April 16, it attacked websites and some Twitter accounts belonging to NPR. Last month, it attacked the website of Human Rights Watch, as well as its Twitter account. Also in March, it breached a Twitter account belonging to the BBC. And last year it gained access to a blog belonging to Reuters, and posted a fake story, detailing a retreat by Syrian rebels that hadn’t happened.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

As far as i know, not being a big twitter fan, the posts show the time in whatever time zone you are in. So if you post something in the USA it will show one time...to the minute, but it will show a different time for me in the UK...+5 or +8 hours depending where in the US.

Tweets are instant, they show the exact time they were posted.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

true, so whats stopping me from looking at a tweet in the correct local time zone to 'look' like it was posted at the time 'a few minutes' before the bombing?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by bluloa

Oh OK, they decided to go ahead with a freaking controlled explosion after the bombings?? Yeah, like they didn't have other things to do at the time.

So you'd rather they leave a suspicious package alone that could possibly have a bomb in it so it too could explode? Sure they had other things to do, but when a suspicious package is found after a bombing happened earlier, of course they are going to take the time to do a controlled explosion just in case.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kathael
Ok -- Ladies & Gentlemen,
Edit notice:
I HAD to add this fantastic video made by Nevada's Governor
David Lory Vanderbeek
m.youtube.com...

edit on 22-4-2013 by kathael because: (no reason given)

you do realize that, David Lory Vanderbeek is running for Governor in Nevada, and is not the Governor.
if i lived in los vegas, i'd make book that this guy would lose.

Nevada's current Governor is,
Brian Sandoval

ETA:
so that's two strikes for bad info. one more and your out.

ETA: here's another video of ol dave

edit on 22-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Lets see

•BREAKING NEWS: 2 dead, 22 injured in Boston Marathon explosions. Apr 15, 2013 (@1:03 PM - 15 Apr 13 )

•RT @billy_baker: Two explosions in front of Marathon Sports. Witnesses saw bones sticking out, legs on ground, blood everywhere Apr 15, 2013 (@1:00 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•BREAKING NEWS: Boston Police have called in all off-duty officers. Apr 15, 2013 (@12:57 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities. Apr 15, 2013 (@12:53 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•BREAKING NEWS: Police will have controlled explosion on 600 block on Boylston Street Apr 15, 2013 (@12:53 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•rt @mviser WH official: "Obama has directed administration to provide whatever assistance is necessary in the investigation and response" Apr 15, 2013 (@12:53 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•rt @mviser WH official tells me that Obama has been notified of the explosion in Boston. Administration is in contact with local authorities Apr 15, 2013 (@12:53 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•Update: 2 powerful explosions detonated in quick succession leaving at least dozens of people wounded, some of them with dismemberment Apr 15, 2013 (@12:50 PM - 15 Apr 13)

•Update: 2 powerful explosions detonated in quick succession leaving at least dozens of people wounded, some of them with dismemberment Apr 15, 2013

•rt @billy_baker Now getting gruesome first-hand accounts of hair on fire, severed limbs Apr 15, 2013 (@12:48 PM - 15 Apr 13 )

www.allmytweets.net...

Didn't really expect much when I saw "going viral"
edit on 22-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Ok??? I don't "Tweet", so, maybe I'm just not to bright, but why do the tweet times jump around? I would imagine they should be in order, as far as time goes? And some tweets are before, as far as the time goes, the explosion? Just a question? And they went ahead with the controlled explosion, after the other two?? I know common sense and logic is very rare in this day and age, but WOW!!!!

Another thing I'd like to point out, is the third explosion is just lost and barely spoke of on here. The JFK Building.
All I know is if I know there is a drill going on somewhere I want to be, I will head the opposite direction. Too much stuff goes on when there are "DRILLS" happening.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Despite the "debunking" some of you are claiming, I still think its a little too odd that bomb squad was sniffing around before a "surprise" attack.

I'm not hollering false flag. Just saying.

Similar things happened with 9/11 and flight 77, and the bus in England a while back.

All took place during drills. They always do.

I'm not sure HOW much of this was pre-planned by authorities... but I DO know that these drills often take place right before an act of terror, and every time--EVERY SINGLE TIME--during all the propaganda, some bill is passed that no one knows about until its too late to stop.

The gay marriage controversy? Monstanto Protection Act.

Sandy Hook? Gun Ban (even though it failed
)

Boston bombings? CISPA's ugly reappearance, which passed.

What I understand for SURE, is that they have their tentacles in the media... because the media keeps us distracted and groveling while laws are passed over us without our consent.

Dirty pool, mister. That's our government.

I will not fly off the handle with the OMG FALSE FLAG! stuff, but I am a believer in the problem-reaction-solution stuff. 9/11, a big one right there.

But I will say this; if you find yourself emotional and groveling because of something you hear on the news, there's something far more sinister playing out from behind the scenes that you won't hear about. They exploit these tragedies to distract you from your right to object to their tyrannical laws.

Don't believe the news, and don't holler false flag for stars and flags on ATS. The truth lies somewhere in between, as it always does.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh but it was just a "drill"...."nothing to see here - move along
."

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
ETA: i'm a little disappointed in ATS, none of you even bothered to check and see if the tweet was even legit or not, let alone check the time of said tweet
edit on 22-4-2013 by Hardstepah because: (no reason given)

They won't do that, because they want this to be a false flag so desperately that they refuse all common sense and basic intelligence, in favour of their fantasy. This is proven over and over, every time they ignore the evidence put right in front of them, and every time they present false information as fact - just like changing the time line for those two security personnel and making the guys bag disappear when they need it to

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The only strange thing here is the difference between twitters timestamps on the main site and the mobile site.

twitter
talk about bombs @ 12:48pm, more talk of bombs @ 12:50pm, talk of controlled det @ 12:53pm

mobile.twitter
talk about bombs @ 8:48pm, more talk of bombs @ 8:50pm, talk of controlled det @ 8:53pm

You can go further back for the first mention of the blasts which is
11:57am < Twitter
6:57pm < mobile.twitter
But what difference does it make.

and my own test tweet today at around 15:01pm GMT (twitter account is set to +1h) shows
8:01am on the normal site
4:01pm on the mobile site

edit on 22-4-2013 by aivlas because: forgot a mobile.

edit on 22-4-2013 by aivlas because: oooo hyperlinks

edit on 22-4-2013 by aivlas because: wrong time

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

So you'd rather they leave a suspicious package alone that could possibly have a bomb in it so it too could explode? Sure they had other things to do, but when a suspicious package is found after a bombing happened earlier, of course they are going to take the time to do a controlled explosion just in case.

I don't understand why the police wouldn't have closed the street down to keep people safe while they detonated the device. I'd have thought this was a priority to ensure public safety, yet the area isn't cordoned off at all and people are allowed to stand around and the marathon just continues?
I find this to be very strange and unprofessional if the police and bomb squad didn't clear the area prior to the controlled explosion. Simply irresponsible unless they knew that it didn't pose a danger when it exploded.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Is there a different time stamp? The time on the tweet is 12:53pm. The first explosion was at 2:49pm...

Because: Time Zones

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just in case anyone is still curious...here are the tweets in question.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

It clearly says 2:53pm for each of those tweets for me...so are people claiming that twitter is involved and that they went back and changed the timestamps??? Or is it more likely that the guy that made this video had his settings messed up to display tweets time stamp in his own timezone???

This should really be marked as a hoax.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Sorry but this has already been debunked. This controlled explosion happened after the original explosions in an effort by the police to secure the area.

They were simply doing their job and controlling what they thought was another device.
edit on 22-4-2013 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

Debunked where? By whom? Isn't it a bit too coincidental?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Interesting what you observed about the twitter time zones. When I click on the link someone provided, my time stamp read 12:53pm - however, I am on the west coast.. So.

And in reply to him not being the current Governor, you are right! He is hoping he will be for 2014. But I updated this before bed so I admit I definitely did not get it right. His video says Nevada Governor 2014 :p so yes, my mistake! But I do like his points. And Ty for the additional video of him. This was the first I have heard of him.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 4/22/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Twitter works by putting the newest tweet at the top
You can't add tweets in to your time line
You can delete tweets
You can't edit tweets
The time stamps work by magic

reply to post by kathael

What timestamps do you get for the links I provided in my last post?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you don't have a twitter account or are not logged in, twitter will default to Pacific time. After you create an account and/or login, you'll get your configured timezone and all times will be displayed thusly. Debunked. Try it yourself!

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

There should be a www.metube.com for all the vids that get flagged and pulled by youtube because they show the ugly truth that the media tries to hide.

No more hiding

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
If you don't have a twitter account or are not logged in, twitter will default to Pacific time. After you create an account and/or login, you'll get your configured timezone and all times will be displayed thusly. Debunked. Try it yourself!

twitter.com...

Wow, I've never noticed that.

Here's an example:

Logged into twitter (East Coast Time Zone):

Logged out of twitter (Pacific Time Zone):

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join