It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Colorado Sheriff Owns President Obama...This Cop...I Like!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
**ATTENTION**

Please discontinue the off topic posting.

The topic is:A Colorado Sheriff Owns President Obama...This Cop...I Like!

Please have your comments reflect or expand upon the contents of the OP, and not random, off topic banter.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

Got it...And thanks for the reminder.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Explanation: I here provide the .pdf transcription of what Sheriff Shayne Heap said in his video.

Cuation: .pdf file! Acess it at your own risk ok!

Sheriff's response to Presidents visit 04/03/13 [elbertcountysheriff.com]

Which I found at thebottom of this website provide by Jude previously.

www.elbertcountysheriff.com...

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and I appreciate the
speedy arrival in this thread!

P.S. I apologize for my offtopic post! My Bad!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: I here provide the .pdf transcription of what Sheriff Shayne Heap said in his video.

Cuation: .pdf file! Acess it at your own risk ok!

Sheriff's response to Presidents visit 04/03/13 [elbertcountysheriff.com]

Which I found at thebottom of this website provide by Jude previously.

www.elbertcountysheriff.com...

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and I appreciate the
speedy arrival in this thread!

P.S. I apologize for my offtopic post! My Bad!

Thanks for the additional info.

Many of us know and appreciate the message here but there are still some that feel a need to defend their preconceived notions of what their World truly is.

Unfortunately for many...it's all coming down and they don't/can't want to see it.

From the transcript:

He came here today to push his political agenda in our state and laud the legislative excess of fellow extreme legislators. He has been part of the choir that leverages tragedy to enact extreme legislation which ignores the root problems of violence and anger in our country.

Had these new gun laws been in effect in Newtown, they would not have stopped the senseless massacre of innocent children, because the shooter used someone else’s legally purchased guns. The long-term ineffectiveness of Mr. Obama’s actions and political showmanship today only lacked a flight suit, aircraft carrier, and sign naively proclaiming “Mission Accomplished.”

Peace
edit on 22-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
He was wrong on one point I heard.

But before I say what that is,I`ll say that if I were American living in area`s of high crime,I`d also want personal protection for my family etc,this guy would do better imo if he stayed on the line of keeping your constitution rights for the reasons they were given in the first place.

He is flat out wrong,he`s a smart guy so this has to be intentional...

(time stamp-3:02 )
Quoting him "If these new gun laws had of been in affect in Newtown they would not have stopped the senseless masacre of innocent children because the shooter used someone elses legally purchased guns"
(also notice the emphasis he uses to try and get his point across)

If these new gun laws had of been in affect there wouldn`t have been those guns in that property for him to steal to commit the senseless killings etc.

Sure he could have used a club,knife,vehicle etc and maybe only killed a percentage of what he did or maybe more if he`s Chuck Norris`s evil clone just with his bare hands,so should you ban hands? as the question would be asked.

This is probably fairtale land but.....
If you guys had a well regulated millitia (which you don`t and you know you should and thats the citizens responsibility,not the governments) and kept your Gov in check,you guys could have a say to rule on those people who should lose their right to bare arms through irresponsible use of fire arms or other deamed reason a person isn`t fit to have those rights.

It is used both ways from pro or anti gun that these mass killings etc wouldn`t have happened,stop playing their game.
edit on 22-4-2013 by gps777 because: can`t spell

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Explanation: Uhmmm?

If these new gun laws had of been in affect there wouldn`t have been those guns in that property for him to steal to commit the senseless killings etc.

New gun laws do not suddenly make all, newly defined as 'illegal', weapons disappear ok!

Such weapons were purchased legally at the time and by registered gun owners who had undergone a background check.

Personal Disclosure: Had those laws been in force and enforced say several years before the Sandy Hook Massacre occured then your posted reply may have a valid point.

But as it currently stands I can't see that it does as it overlooks several important temporal factors such as buyback schemes and amnesties for bringing in newly designated 'illegal' weapons to law enforcement for legal disposal.

Please address the issue of Federal Political Hypocrisy, which is what underpins this sheriffs reasons for giving this public video monologue.

edit on 22-4-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: Uhmmm?

New gun laws do not suddenly make all, newly defined as 'illegal', weapons disappear ok!

Thats a given! and the weapons that they are trying to restrict would be in the hands of illegal users and authorities only.Should everyone be allowed to own a tank if they want in your opinion?

Had they been in affect they wouldn`t have been at the property to steal and thats puzzling?

Can`t one or more legal gun owners stop a person going on a killing rampage using weapons they (Gov) want to restrict in your opinion?

Such weapons were purchased legally at the time and by registered gun owners who had undergone a background check.

Do you know if the weapons were stored responsably that were stolen?

Personal Disclosure: Had those laws been in force and enforced say several years before the Sandy Hook Massacre occured then your posted reply may have a valid point.

(emphisis mine)

There was no time limit given on the statement.

That was the point I was making,geez

This topic that comes up so very much happens after these senseless murders and is mainly about limiting the casualty rate because of them.

How many masacres have we had since Port Arthur,answer=Nil and thats bad? and there are the same amount of guns here in Australia since then or even more...

Since the 1997 gun buyback, your chance of being a victim of gun violence has more than halved. Yet as this newspaper pointed out on Monday, the number of guns in Australia has increased by nearly one-fifth over the same period. What's going on?

To understand the policy success of the National Firearms Agreement, it's important to recognise precisely what happened. Alongside the gun buyback, what had been a patchwork of state and territory regulations were strengthened and harmonised. Self-loading rifles, self-loading shotguns and pump-action shotguns were banned. Firearm owners were required to obtain licences and register their weapons.

www.smh.com.au...

Its about restricting those "type" of weapons (not all weapons) and safe storage.

edit on 22-4-2013 by gps777 because: took out duh! and added a link and thoughts

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The change in Australian gun laws did not protect us. The first thing that happened was that home invasions went through the roof with family after family being subjected to awful crimes.

The fact is that the Police have upgraded their weapons to 15 shot 40 cal. handguns and specialized Police have much more fire power than they have ever had. Ask yourself why? If the buy back was so successful why do the Police need more and more firepower!

The answer is simple, Criminals still have guns. Criminals can still get guns!

Guns are still used in crimes.

The only people who lost out were law abiding citizens.

P

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

The only people who lost out were law abiding citizens.

P

Don`t forget the deaths since the restrictions more have halved,I don`t consider them to have lost, those that lived because of it.

If the same amount or more guns are owned now than then,I don`t think blaming home invasions on gun restrictions are the cause of it.

The run of the mill home invasions aren`t commited with these restricted weapons, a gun is very rarely used, many have no weapons on them at all,the automatic weapons that are found and confiscated are usually Bikie related organised criminals who fight amongst themselves,not toward your average citizen.This would be a reason for the police upgrades.

The reasons for the increase in home invasions imo are lack of education,poor parenting,no father,so much more drugs on the streets etc,just not the lack of high powered weapons.At least they can`t be stolen in home invasions now,because they virtually don`t exist for the common thief to get,which is a relief.

edit on 22-4-2013 by gps777 because: more than halved and other thoughts

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFantastic1

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by DaTroof
All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

Well, the fact is, there are a lot more "grunts in backwater towns" than there are presidents..... Aren't there.

Brains usually triumph over braun. If the grunts can't find their way out of the backwater towns no one really has to worry too much. And I don't think Sheriff Roscoe is heading out of his county anytime soon.

yeah, the cities are filled with intelligent, peaceful people

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So you make an exception for your hatred because of this video? Pretty shallow, pretty shallow to hate a whole group because of the actions of a portion of them. Sounds like you have tunnelvision. Open your eyes and be more aware. There are good cops and these videos tell you nothing about the real person who made them.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

His solution?

Stop using fear to further Govt. Agendas.

Sounds solid to me.

Peace

So we should be worried (ie. afraid) of Govt using fear? Be afraid of fear. How can we live without some form of fear? Not saying I think we should but fear is central to our being. The media, govt, and even people on ATS use it to draw attention. We live in a fear based society. Once you accept that and we lose fear, we will be set free.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by jude11

So, he goes on a Rant..
And offers no Solutions..
Must be an Elected Official.

you spelt "Installed" wrong....
just sayin

edit on 21-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

"Spelt" is a wheat grown in Europe so I believe you used the wrong word in trying to correct someone else.

I believed you meant he "spelled" Installed wrong.....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by jude11

So, he goes on a Rant..
And offers no Solutions..
Must be an Elected Official.

you spelt "Installed" wrong....
just sayin

edit on 21-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

"Spelt" is a wheat grown in Europe so I believe you used the wrong word in trying to correct someone else.

I believed you meant he "spelled" Installed wrong.....

The correct grammatical usage is actually,

"I believe you meant"

(just playin')

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
He's right on just about everything he says. Good find OP. S&F.

I would shake the officer by the hand and buy him a beer for making the video and speaking so calmly and so well on a subject that, more often than not, attracts hot heads from both camps.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
the language and phrases used by this officer in this video, tells me he has selective hearing when its comes to what Obama has to say.
at 1:27 he say Obama flew in from Washington, but then says "which has the highest rate of murder in the nation"...why would Obama have anything to do with that, that's local (just like he is) law enforcement's problem.
at 1:50, he says Obama carpetbombs law-abiding citizens with excessive restrictions.....backround checks and 10-round magazines are the "excessive restrictions"???? very next thing he says is that Obama "continues to fail in addressing the violence in our society"...Obama has spoke about it ad nauseum.
at 2:21 he says, "our borders remain porous" .....even though Obama has the toughest record on border enforcement of any president preciding him. at 2:28 he says "Obama has spent billions on protecting school children in foreign countries, but not one dime on protecting our own children", no evidence, and obviously a hyperbolic and blatant lie...he goes on to talk about violence in our country, and how our leaders are not addressing it, offering no solutions...which he himself, should have a multitude of solutions, since he is in the trenches everyday...but, apparently it's "the others" that are to blame, "the others" that should have the ideas.
maybe this sheriff should actually try and work with lawmakers in Colorado to help stem violence, read the reports that have come out about it, do some research with other sheriffs in the state to come up with a consensus about addressing the violence in his state...."owning president Obama"??? didn't that idea already fail 160 years ago?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For all the posters saying he didn't offer any solutions I challenge you to actually watch the video and comprehend his statement.

First, he states that we need to find out why people act out violently. Thats a solution.

Second, he states that local jurisdictions should pass laws which meet the needs of their own juisdiction. Thats a solution.

Third, he states that the State Legislature should stop making laws which infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens. That is a solution.

I've already mentioned 3 solutions this man offered just from the first minute of the video. He goes on to offer plenty more. This guy may be a "redneck sheriff" but he offers plenty of solutions throughout the video.

It's getting more and more easy to spot the trolls around here.
edit on 22-4-2013 by KewlDaddyFatty because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Colorado Springs is hardly a "backwater" town

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Beg to differ - methinks you picked the wrong sheriff to praise as an upholder of the Bill of Rights - .............and of one who has the president by the 'short hairs.'
here's the man

And he has the track record to show for it. Sheriff Joe Arpaio upholds the Constitution of the US as well as the Bill of Rights - he treats criminals as they ought to be treated too. No smacks on the wrist - no coddling !
edit on 22-4-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can someone please translate? All i heard was blah blah blah i hate when people blame Obama like all this started with him.These are the same people who probably would love to see Bush in office again.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Hear Hear. I agree. I will stand with him. If i had money i would run. What they gona do, kill me. Big woop. Ill stand up and commend anyone else that have the courage enough to stand with me. We need to stop the insanity before it is to late. In fact that would be my platform Stop The Insanity. We e People are tired of the constant bs. Its truly time for us to take back control of our govenment and put people in charge thatbare not afraid of what the people in charge are gona think or do. Not afraid of death not afraid of anything who will stand up and do what is right for the people and not be corupted by the lobiest big buisness faciest back stabbing social agenda pushing a$$ h?+/s that.have taken over our country. Sorry bout the typos and spelling. Big thumbs small keyboard on smart phone
edit on 22-4-2013 by CaptNemo2012 because: apology for typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join