It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, this is SO much fun!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I must rant! Before the caffeine wears off!!!

Between reading and posting things, I have learned how to debate. I have learned how to handle criticism and how to hear the truth (which I used to suck at royally. Believe me, I really AM one of those people who gets horribly offended when I hear things I don't wanna hear!).

I am officially battle-hardened regarding criticism and debating.

Thank you, ATS!

I'm getting much better at debating, logically arguing, and discussion... and I'm finally starting to make sense, even to myself! HAHAHA!

I went from being a brainwashed Obama-loving child to being a skeptic revolutionary. I have ALWAYS hated authority, and I have ALWAYS been a rebel at heart--but now, after learning a million dark and horrible truths about the world, I have a REASON to be that way!

ATS is fun to me. It really is.

Thank you, ATS, for giving a hateful teenaged girl a place to gain some mental exercise. Its helped me in more ways than I can explain.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Well done!

Now try to post a thread about Chem-trails and conquer the mighty Phage for your black belt!

Just kidding... don't even attempt it.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: coz Phage

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Awesome!
Now just drop the hate and you'll be gettin' somewhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Well done!

Now try to post a thread about Chem-trails and conquer the mighty Phage for your black belt!

Just kidding... don't even attempt it.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: coz Phage

Indeed... No one can claim king of the hill until they manage to 'Phage' the Phage himself in his own topic matter.

......and I'll probably be trying to manage that one for years myself so I wouldn't recommend trying. Losing can be memorable with some folks.

Seriously! Grats on finding what I think the true secret to ATS is for benefits. It isn't flags, stars or fame. (Hey, all these flags and stars might get me a cup of coffee...if I have $5 to put with it, of course. lol). It's refining the skills of research, debate and learning to take abuse and not go off like an atom bomb. Indeed.. You're halfway there! WTG!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Seriously though, it is for the sake of critical thinking that we are here. We defy ignorance not only illuminating it within the popular media, but also by immersing ourselves in it here at home.

ATS is a very fine-toothed BS comb, if you will. People all over the world, many drunk on their native ales, spout off the most ridiculous pulp amidst professional scientists, archivists, ex-military, etc; who are providing real-time insider information to a populace desperately in need of a form of media that lets them be grown ups and decide for themselves.

It's peer review at it's finest!

My advice to you: Keep that mind open wide, your heart light, and your wits sharp. Post quality if you wish to see quality, and don't forget to lighten things up a bit from time to time.

OH.... and: SOURCES, SOURCES, SOURCES!

Happy trails!
KJ

edit on 21-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: coz

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm in an unusually good mood. I'm seeming to see all the greatest goods in everything... I'm preparing for a pretty hard crash after this caffeine rush.

When I'm this happy, there's never a good outcome.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Congrats! You'll only continue learning and growing from hear on out.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well explain to me how you got battle heartened! I've cried at least twice today reading different conversations across a few places. One of my favorite posters here, I'll never speak to again or respond to a post of theirs. I don't like meanness.

I try not to make my posts personal in anyway. If I want to make a statement - I try to use broad statements that don't target anyone specific. But how do you deal with the poster that suddenly latches on - and tries to suddenly make it personal? As though my statement was directly aimed at them - when it NEVER was? It was meant in a larger, broader scale statement.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Well... I tend to over-think.

I have ALL my thoughts and feelings swarming around in me all at once. When you feel and think everything at the same time, you tend to force a certain numbness into your being, to better silence your mind, take a deep breath, and solve the problems.

I kinda grew up hearing negative things too. I have a pretty sensitive disposition too, but I couldn't afford to cry every time I've heard something I didn't like throughout my life.

I guess its just something you have to be forced to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
enjoy your life as best as possible while your young. you can do anything that inspires you,go anywhere in the world.when you get older it seems to get more difficult to get by with each year, so many restrictions come with responsibility.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm 29 turning 30 this year so I can attest to what bigred typed out

Oh my aching body next couple of years I'll be on my walking cane

and I was the type of person that could walk the legs off a greyhound!

I've got old man syndrome at the moment I had a mid life crisis at the age of eleven Seriously!

that's no joke my mind was a little too advanced at that age!
edit on 22/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Me too girl..me too! I'm 28 and I've learned a lot in the last few years. We truly can learn a lot from each other, but most importantly ..we learn about ourselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
So you find humor in your hate.

I find humor in the insanity.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Lmao you havent ranted until you have drunk ranted. haha

Seriously though great that you can see the fun there is to be had on here because god knows all these Boston bombing threads are making my eyes bleed.

Is it me or has ATS turned into an attention whore fish market?

Hope to debate ya in the future. laterz

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I love ATS for that reason, debate and discourse are the wheels that progress society.

discussion even heated ones advance progress.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh ... you know yesterday - I was SO angry. If I could go back and delete some of my posts, especially on a few other forums I frequent - oh I'd so like to!

After yesterday, I've found - I can't frequent un-moderated boards - where the attacks are personal, directed, and so evil that warning flags go up! How can somebody hate another person - simply because they love their country and don't want to see war among it's people? How can you want to tear something down - without any clear plan to show me on how anyone expects to pick it back up?

I'd rather fix what is broken but already here. I was already in a war. I know what they wish for - and they are in a minority. No sane person wishes for that! As a nurse, the Boston bombings hit hard. It was a punch in the gut - to see all the civvy's broken and bleeding and being completely powerless not to get there and help! My heart still squeezes painfully - knowing all I could do was sit at home and pray.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Don't be too excited!

The Red Pill really takes a while to kick in. Just when you think you are comfortable with the blinders off you'll suddenly wish you could have them on again.

Ignorance truly is bliss! Truth is work. Lots of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thanks guys. Really loving all the feedback.

I really AM reading them all... sorry, preoccupied now. Slept for three hours after a caffeine crash, now trying to function well enough to do school work. Ugh.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well I have great news! And I'd rather post it here than start a new thread... I hope you don't mind.

After three longs years of looking for work - my husband has a job!!!!

He starts today, second shift. I'm so happy and relieved, I could go out dancing in the streets!

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Well I have great news! And I'd rather post it here than start a new thread... I hope you don't mind.

After three longs years of looking for work - my husband has a job!!!!

He starts today, second shift. I'm so happy and relieved, I could go out dancing in the streets!

Cirque

Congrats! My fiance just got a job too, which is fantastic--other than almost having our car paid for, we have literally NOTHING right now. I'm crashing at my mamaw's.

I know how you feel! Happiness all around! **clinks wine glasses**

top topics

<<   2 >>

join