It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 people evacuated in Arizona for a block of Super Mario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Responding to reports from a passerby, police moved in to investigate the questionable package which had been left sitting in the road. As a precaution, officers evacuated around fifty people from nearby homes and blocked access to two streets while they waited for bomb experts to arrive. The technicians showed up at around 11 a.m and promptly opened the box. "Nothing of concern was in the cardboard box," said Molly Enright, a spokesperson for the Tempe police. Reportedly, the box contained only papers. The technicians gave the okay for people to return home at 11:30.

Andries Efthymiou called police to report the suspicious box, but was told police were already on scene. "They made me leave the street. It's just crazy, a college town like this I wouldn't think that something like that would happen but just with the things going on in Boston it's scary," said Efthymiou. Patrol officers and firefighters helped get residents back into their homes. While many were relieved, the entire incident left a number of neighbors upset. "I'm glad that it was probably some messed up person that was trying to scare everyone instead of a real thing but that shows you it can happen anywhere," said Jen Trask.

Source

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nothing to fear but FEAR itself.

Why are --------- so terrified?

Its almost like they get off on it or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Nothing to fear but FEAR itself.

Why are --------- so terrified?

Its almost like they get off on it or something.

Seriously. Welcome to the new USA....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 0SolidSnake0

Super Mario? Bombs?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You know at any other time other than when people were just killed by bombs in Boston this would be appropriate funny.

Whoever did that is a complete idiot.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, it depends on your size. either a mushroom will come out of the top that will increase your size, or a flower to let you shoot balls..but neither are bombs..shesh.

Anyhow, pretty sure turr-ists don't have a sense of humor like that. Be more wary of the brown paper bag left beside a bus stop than a golden questionmark box...we are dealing with insane political zealots, not the damn riddler.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Should have just shot it with a rifle from a safe distance.

No need to call the cops or waste tax payer money on a useless evacuation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

This reminds me of the Mooninites scare a few years back. ATHF was promoting for their upcoming season, and left Lite-Brite devices with the Mooninites shooting the bird. As I recall bomb squad was called to at least one location, only to find a cheap and effective tool to promote ones show. I think fear is the sign of the times, unfortunately. We've been conditioned to believe that everyone and everything is a potential threat.

It would seem FDR's eternal message is all but lost....

top topics

join