It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning of bombing suspect reportedly begins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Federal investigators have begun questioning hospitalized Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and he is responding, according to reports on Sunday night.

NBC News’ Pete Williams reported that Tsarnaev, 19, is beginning to respond to a team of federal investigators mainly through writing. Williams reported that he is being questioned for brief periods and that he has difficulty communicating because of his throat injuries.

It appears they are starting to question Dzhokhar. Perhaps his Miranda exclusion has begun. The article does not indicate if the kid has representation.

I am probably gonna get flamed for this but this is a picture of a boy. He looks so innocent to me. I am the mother of two boys close to this kid's age. He looks like someone I have given a ride to practice.

edit on 21-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: cuz I messed my op up

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Sorry, link

I will try to better next time.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

He does look like a child and from everything I have learned I think it was his older brother who got him into this.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here is an interesting paragraph from coverage in the LA Times:

The neck wound apparently did not initially silence Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, who was swearing profusely in the ambulance ride after his final confrontation with the FBI, according to a source familiar with the case. The Justice Department remained quiet Saturday on whether officials had been able to question Tsarnaev, or whether they would attempt to do so before he consults an attorney.

Take it as you will; with a grain of salt or a hmmmmmmmm.
That is what they said?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Williams reported that he is being questioned for brief periods and that he has difficulty communicating because of his throat injuries.

A likely story....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ABC's take:

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awake and responding sporadically in writing to questions, authorities said. Investigators are asking about other cell members and other unexploded bombs, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Previously officials said Tsarnaev was in no condition to be interrogated.

Story

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Regardless, he can remain silent....Miranda doesn't give you that ability, being human and charged by the State does. While the accuser's actions are grave, he should be questioned only on the "imminent" threat of further situations and noting more until he has representation. He is a naturalized American citizen and by all intensive purposes, an American.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The story is on 60 minutes right now. Just started. This will be the US spin.

Someone should record it. I can't

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yes, I got that from reading the statute. He hasn't been charged yet as well. Earlier reports today indicated that the charges were being readied and would be filed today.

Also, I read another article regarding his representation and the Federal Public Defender's office IS taking his case, and according to that report..."Once, he has been charged."

I have been perusing the news looking for that.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I can't get over him supposedly shooting himself by putting a gun in his mouth.

Exactly when and how would that happen in the first place? He surely didn't look like he had shot himself when climbing out of the boat, and it makes no sense he'd shoot himself after being captured and turning himself in.

On top of that, I'd imagine it's pretty damn hard to shoot yourself with a gun in your mouth, and survive. It appears like a horribly thought out excuse for this kid not talking, and/or certain elements not wanting him to talk.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Of course he can as he should. You never talk to cops, especially if you are innocent. You lawyer up as fast as you can. This kid knows this, he comes from a family who reported has four lawyers in it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Yeah, I read that too. I saw that picture of him climbing out of the boat. I also saw that picture of him on the stretcher with blood all over his lower face and neck. Don't know how that happened.

You know what else. I was live on that thread when the manhunt was going down and listening to the scanner, I do not remember a gunfight at the boat. Maybe I was drinking a little too much, but I just don't remember that???

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Yes, I got that from reading the statute. He hasn't been charged yet as well. Earlier reports today indicated that the charges were being readied and would be filed today.

Also, I read another article regarding his representation and the Federal Public Defender's office IS taking his case, and according to that report..."Once, he has been charged."

I have been perusing the news looking for that.

The 'public safety' exception doesn't mean anything except what can be held viable in a court of law. It doesn't mean he cannot seek representation or even remain silent all on his own. All I am saying is that any representation should be there to ensure that the questioning, outside of the Miranda ruling, should be specific to the public safety situation. Outside of that, he should be afforded, regardless how we feel about it, every right experienced as an American citizen.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Absolutely!! I agree one million percent. I was really upset when I heard the talk about rendering him an enemy combatant and using the NDAA to prosecute him.

No. You got me all wrong.

I was only referring to earlier reports that they were going to use that Miranda exception. Still how can they make him talk?? I don't think they are going to waterboard the kid. At least I hope not.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Absolutely!! I agree one million percent. I was really upset when I heard the talk about rendering him an enemy combatant and using the NDAA to prosecute him.

No. You got me all wrong.

I was only referring to earlier reports that they were going to use that Miranda exception. Still how can they make him talk?? I don't think they are going to waterboard the kid. At least I hope not.

I agree. A several senators are pressing hard on trying to invoke the NDAA. I disagree, regardless of his charges. He is an naturalized citizen, and even though we believe him to be involved in the bombings, he should face the justice system just as Mr. and Mrs. Smith does.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by MysticPearl

Yeah, I read that too. I saw that picture of him climbing out of the boat. I also saw that picture of him on the stretcher with blood all over his lower face and neck. Don't know how that happened.

You know what else. I was live on that thread when the manhunt was going down and listening to the scanner, I do not remember a gunfight at the boat. Maybe I was drinking a little too much, but I just don't remember that???

-They changed to an encrypted channel. Even complained on the scanner that people Online were listening. Last part we really "heard" was that he was pinned down in the boat and the FBI was saying not to light it up (as in shine lights on it) - Then they switched to a private channel and finished it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Thanks for that Penguin. So what do you think happened? Cuz we for sure have footage of the kid climbing out of the boat????

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

In my world..that term "light it up" means something else.....and it involves gunfire..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The story is on 60 minutes right now. Just started. This will be the US spin.

Someone should record it. I can't

What do you mean by "US spin"

2nd line

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

In my world..that term "light it up" means something else.....and it involves gunfire..

That's nice. But, in this context (I was on the thread live as well), it was definitely in regard to the "artificial sun" lights. They repeatedly asked and were denied permission to light up the boat with the "artificial sun".

My Opinion: The chopper overhead had thermal sight capability. Perhaps the artificial sun lights (which would burn incredibly hot) might warm up the tarp covering, preventing the overhead thermal cam from operating efficiently? At least this sounds plausible to me.....they wanted to see WHERE he was in the boat. As well as asking him to move his arms, which was confirmed by the thermal cam to see if he was conscious or alive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join