It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any doctors/physios/in fact anyone who can help. Im in quite a lot of pain.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I wouldnt normally make a thread like this, but to be honest im quite desperate and tired from nights of no sleep.

On tuesday morning i woke with a heck of pain in my neck, so on tuesday night i changed my pillow, to see if it was down to that, but days later it hasnt gone. I went to see my doc on friday morning, and he diagnosed, spasmodic torticolllis. Its not serious, in fact its not serious at all, but i hoping someone can give me tips on how to get rid of it. Its very very painful, and the neckpain is shooting into the right side of my head, and ive got this constant headache.
Im using a heat pack and a ice pack, and freeze spray as well as cocodamol i cant use ibuforen gel, because im allergic to it.
God, please could someone help me, this is awful.
thanking in advance.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It could be a trapped nerve, in which case there is not much that can be done apart from stretching.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Aren't you "A doctors wife??

ask your husband..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Try a teaspoon of mustard.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Aren't you "A doctors wife??

ask your husband..

Im not really a doctors wife, are we meant to take peoples members names literally?.
but right now i could realy do with a doctor.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

thanks, any particular one? french, german, english?

Ricky, i can never tell when your being serious or not.

Off course your not being serious, how would swallowing mustard help my neck?
If you were joking youve cheered me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

First, must say I agree with one of the members post. Doctor's Wife should know better.

Second, you shouldn't change your avatar. I always thought the other one was your photo and you have beautiful eyes.

Last thing, I think your problem could be stress.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by rickymouse

thanks, any particular one? french, german, english?

Ricky, i can never tell when your being serious or not.

Off course your not being serious, how would swallowing mustard help my neck?
If you were joking youve cheered me.

Try it, it will relieve leg cramping and muscle cramping in other places too. so I am guessing that it may work for this. Any mustard that contains turmeric will work. Turmeric is a MAO inhibitor which causes a release of a morphine type chemical by the body.

I know that the flower of a white clover works on central nervous system pain but there aren't any around here this time of the year. That does it a little different way.

Try the mustard, what have you got to loose. It can make you constipated if you do it too much.
edit on 21-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that was mean of them. I'm sorry you are suffering.

I would sit in a chair with my back strait and slowly stilt my heard to the side and very gentle and slow, roll your head around like you are making a giant circle over your head to stretch your neck muscles.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry to hear you are suffering so badly. I had posted a thread several months ago on here about Upper Cervical Chiropractic care. Doing a quick search of your Dx with upper cervical, there were several results that said it could greatly improve your symptoms. The link to that thread is in my signature and it provides a link to the National organization, as well as a search engine for docs around you. .

I haven't been back to the doc in several months since my last appointment and remain pain free- a complete miracle in my eyes. I could go on and on about how wonderful it has been for me because it actually changed my life so much for the better. My prayers are with you and I hope you find some relief soon.

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wasn't being mean..

I actually thought you were a doctors wife..

I remember the day you joined...

My badd......

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would suggest you gently massage the area while you are taking deep breaths. More importantly, if you resist, it will persist. Don't fight the pain and don't victimize yourself because that happens when one is in a lot of pain. Have a neutral state of mind. Massage the area and take deep breaths. I guarantee you will feel better. I would massage you myself but the doctor might get jealous

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

First, must say I agree with one of the members post. Doctor's Wife should know better.

Second, you shouldn't change your avatar. I always thought the other one was your photo and you have beautiful eyes.

I will bring the old avatar back, i just loved the photo, it was taken on march the 1st 1971, a childhood friends showed it to me, its weird seeing a pic of you from all that time ago.

and c, its not stress.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Aspirin is the most effective pain reliever available and is also a great anti-inflammatory. If there is no allergy issue, I would suggest Enteric coated Aspirin per the label.

Hot showers, focusing the water onto your neck with as much pressure as possible is also effective. Do this 3-4 times per day. You can also follow up with a cold pack on the neck.

There are a myriad of over the counter products that can also help - things like Ben Gay, Flexall, ect. Find one with a high menthol content. Capacesin also can be effective in this regard though menthol is more effective for deep tissue pain.
edit on 4/21/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I will bring the old avatar back, i just loved the photo, it was taken on march the 1st 1971, a childhood friends showed it to me, its weird seeing a pic of you from all that time ago.

and c, its not stress.

You gorgeous lady, bring the old avy back

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

and c, its not stress.

You gorgeous lady, bring the old avy back

whats wrong with you men? who can resist a three year od welshgirl? cute cute cute. (but not in a jimmy saville sort of way, obviousely.
IL bring the old avi back.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thinking more...

Mobility is also very important. Doing basic neck and shoulder rolls for a minute or two every hour or so can really help.

If all else fails call your doctor and ask for a prescription for a medication called "Tramadol" - I think the brand name is "Ultram". It is non-narcotic and very, very effective for the headaches associated with neck issues and the headaches.

As for the basis of my advice: I broke my neck in high school football and have had lifelong issues with my neck and shoulder. I deal with the pain you are describing on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thankyou thats so helpfull. You look so familiar, havnt i seen you somewhere else recently?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Oh no.... you're one of *gulp* one of them???

edit on 4/21/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Thinking more...

Mobility is also very important. Doing basic neck and shoulder rolls for a minute or two every hour or so can really help.

If all else fails call your doctor and ask for a prescription for a medication called "Tramadol" - I think the brand name is "Ultram". It is non-narcotic and very, very effective for the headaches associated with neck issues and the headaches.

As for the basis of my advice: I broke my neck in high school football and have had lifelong issues with my neck and shoulder. I deal with the pain you are describing on a daily basis.

Again, thank you, i have tramadol because of on going crohns disease. T o be honest, they havnt really touched it. I will try and do stretch though, even if it hurts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join