It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utterly Ridiculous Nature of the Public During a Tragedy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In regards to Boston, Sandy Hook and every other tragic event

Those of you that have no life other than to sit on the Internet and scrutinize pictures until your imagination grants you the "interesting" picture you so desire; that somehow completes the conspiracy you so desperately need, and then.. THEN.. you think that investigators involved in a major case are obligated to drop everything and explain that picture to you.. And they darn well better do it quickly or obviously there is some conspiracy because YOU have the absolute right to have any and all of your silly made up conspiracy theories answered immediately.

You find something on the Net and then have the absolute audacity to proclaim it is "confirmed" even "proven" because YOU saw it. GOOD GRACIOUS PEOPLE. What ever happened to common sense? Is it completely gone now?

ATTENTION

Public officials and investigators are NOT concerned with your silly little theories

You do NOT have the right to know details of ongoing investigations

Your accusations and imaginations are NOT proof of anything

Get over yourselves

When public officials are considering releasing information, they have MANY things to consider..

When releasing information any department has to consider several things..

1. Will the information compromise the investigation?.. (Obvious consideration)

2. Will the information, if released, compromise the prosecution; or even the defense?...(Could be years away)

3. Will the information, if released, compromise any civil litigation that may/will ensue?...(Definitely years away)

4. Will the information, if released, pollute any potential jury pool? (Again, years away probably)

5. Will the information, if released, be dangerous to the public? (Actual bomb design etc)

More and more and more

All of these things have to be considered and law enforcement is simply NOT precognitive..

The simple best things to do is to NOT release information

While you may be a tax payer, one has to consider why tax payers would need something as inane as simple curiosity satisfied at the cost of possible pain and suffering, loss of prosecution, improper conviction and other real issues that definitely trump simple curiosity

While YOUR inane curiosity may be the single most important thing in the world to you, it is NOT to me or even the rest of the world..

You are simply NOT that important..

When it comes to all the things that must be considered and done in regards to a major tragedy, your little conspiracies and curiosity means less than nothing

Again

Get over yourselves

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

agree with you 100%......The pieced together images and theories that these junior detectives come up with is insane....Im starting to think alot of threads like the ones you are refering to are just troll jobs looking for reaction.....seriously, are people this dumb now?....I tell friends and family about these things, and they just look at me with disbelief.....im still waiting to meet some of these people in real life.....im starting to think they only exist on the internet....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well now, a dose of common sense and clear thinking...

Especially as it pertains to the events in Boston over the past week. Must say, it's a refreshing change.

Why don't we wait until all the investigations are done and the evidence in before we start screaming about "evidence", or "proof that the guvmint is behind it all...".

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

one has to consider why tax payers would need something as inane as simple curiosity satisfied

I don't believe it's 'Simple' curiosity since Govt. all over the World has been caught in lies, cover-ups and false flags so many times that it has become common place. The US not excluded and in fact as of late have been even caught more than most.

From the FBI to DHS, from Tonkin to Iraq, from 9/11 to Waco...

This is why people want answers quickly. Before it gets swept under the rug and passed off as "Official"...Before millions more die out of lies and deceit at the hands of their leaders.

Just my thoughts tho.

Peace

edit on 21-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This thread kind of makes me sad in a way.

Now i'm beginning to ask what's happening to ATS??

Let these people circle as many pictures of ABSOLUTE CRAP if they want,

I thought this place was to discuss outlandish theories without fear of any kind of hostility,
but now it's feeling more and more like the place to go to laugh at those people specifically.

I'm gone if it keeps up.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You do NOT have the right to know details of ongoing investigations

Don't have the right?

Ever since trials began to take place in the media instead of the courts, and police began doling out death sentences on site - yes, yes we do.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Wow

How ironic

You post about freedom to post all the while stating that me posting how I feel will make you leave..

Maybe ATS is not for you

Not if the only opinions that you feel can be posted are those that agree with you

I know not everyone will agree with what I have posted.. I'm Okay with that.. A list of them is easy

1. Cop haters.. (Someone got a ticket)
2. Government Haters (Taxes too high)
3. Military Haters (Not enough courage to join)

On and on and on

That is where most of the criticism comes from. Any thinking individual with more than a 4th grade education can figure that out. People dissatisfied with their own lives so that want desperately to get into or destroy others.. psychology 101

To even consider that because of a hate for something like the government or cops means you have the right to information that if released could destroy others is one of the most selfish and self centered ideas I have ever heard of

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

But a bright light out of all this - it helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

I've made a list. Keeping notes. It looks something like this -

____ - insane
____ - terrorist sympathizer
____- intellectual

I don't really have a list - but I guarantee you the alphabet agencies are making one. Anything you post on the internet now, can be traced to you and used against you in a court of law. How you say? Well, well - it's called CISPA.

It's a brave new world out there - good luck!

Oh - and all of those combing through pictures accusing innocent people of being terrorists. I hope those accused get lawyers to comb and comb the internet and bring up everyone on charges of libel/slander. (kiss kiss)

Cirque
edit on 21-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: angry after thought for those falsely accused in this madness

edit on 21-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: sentence reconstruction

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And the people who piss and moan constantly about it.
Obviously have nothing else to do as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Although i totally agree with you, but this is a conspiracy site.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Not another thread complaining about alternative thinkers who question official stories.
One of these days, people will understand that we're necessary.
The government wants us to know with their CCTVs and security methods that they're watching us. We're simply letting them know that we're watching them.
Alternative thinkers are only doing what we're told to do by Homeland Security: See something, say something.
Well, we're seeing things that don't make sense and we're talking about it.
I'd love to believe what the officials say, but through their past words and actions, the trust just isn't there anymore.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh, so glad you cleared that all up.

We will wait, not question anything, and not be concerned with any discrepancies in the stories as they are being reported. The almighty authorities have it all under control, and who are we to ask questions?

True, not all of the questioning is intelligent, and sometimes, people see something where there is nothing....but people wouldn't be doing this if there hadn't been so many past situations in which the official story made no damned sense.

You feel free to sit back and wait to be told what to think about something. Some of us will continue to use our cognitive faculties to investigate, question, and learn what's real behind an often overwhelming obfuscation of the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Not another thread complaining about alternative thinkers who question official stories.
One of these days, people will understand that we're necessary.
The government wants us to know with their CCTVs and security methods that they're watching us. We're simply letting them know that we're watching them.
Alternative thinkers are only doing what we're told to do by Homeland Security: See something, say something.
Well, we're seeing things that don't make sense and we're talking about it.
I'd love to believe what the officials say, but through their past words and actions, the trust just isn't there anymore.

I don't disagree that free thinkers are necessary. Without alternative thinkers that look outside the status quo - we wouldn't have the world we have today. Einstein, Tesla, Galileo, and so many others. Examples of free/alternative thinkers.

But the difference between them and many who post on conspiracy theorists sites - is they were trying to change the world effectively hands on. Most people here are trying to push their agenda, only concerned with whether or not they turn out being right. And even when their shown, with evidence that they were wrong - they won't believe it. And continue to scream whatever theory they have convinced themselves is truth.

Now afterthough, if you have not falsely pointed a finger at somebody - and said that's the terrorist. I know it, I just feel it. This picture is proof, and then spread it far and wide for everyone on the internet. Then I'm not referring to you. But those who did that - need their own day in court for libel/slander. Those people might have been killed by some citizen thinking they were going to save everyone from another bomb. Who knows what people still believe it and now may be targeting them - become some conspiracy theorists just knows the truth. Thank god that didn't happen. But that is why there are laws against libel/slander.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I thought this place was to discuss outlandish theories without fear of any kind of hostility,
but now it's feeling more and more like the place to go to laugh at those people specifically.

I'm gone if it keeps up.

"This place" as many of us like to consider the community it represents, is a place to discuss ALL sides....that is *ALL* sides of an issue. Not to be called Shill's, Disinformation agents, officers or agents of a Government or Security Service or outright morons if we don't "get it" or tow the company line of speculation in just the right way.

I think it's this impression people seem to have that ATS is dedicated to ANY one side or one position of ANYTHING that is part of the whole problem. Everyone has their right to throw out their ideas, theories and best guesses ....when it isn't presented as fact so certain that they have a right to stomp other people who don't 100% agree with it.

As far as leaving? Wow.... Yeah... I guess it is about that these days. Different reasons for different people ...but the very side you're presenting has driven off more leading contributors here I know by name than any "restriction" on the most wild, outlandish and pure seat of the pants speculating one can imagine.

Different strokes for different folks ....as long as all respect the fact differences can exist and SHOULD exist, IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

"This place" as many of us like to consider the community it represents, is a place to discuss ALL sides....that is *ALL* sides of an issue. Not to be called Shill's, Disinformation agents, officers or agents of a Government or Security Service or outright morons if we don't "get it" or tow the company line of speculation in just the right way.

I thought you knew by now that I love to read all sides of an argument.
What I don't like is the specific targeting of a specific side for a certain agenda.

I can agree with government, and I can agree with terrorists. It doesn't make me a sympathizer with either.
And likewise, I don't jump to extreme conclusions about everyone here like they seem to be doing to each other lately.

I think it's this impression people seem to have that ATS is dedicated to ANY one side or one position of ANYTHING that is part of the whole problem.

I'd hope it's dedicated to finding out what's correct, and not just so the people finding it out can be too.

I don't try to cling to any one idea. I may still do it though, unaware.
But what i'm seeing is the close minded out to close everyone's mind the same.

Everyone has their right to throw out their ideas, theories and best guesses ....when it isn't presented as fact so certain that they have a right to stomp other people who don't 100% agree with it.

Like my reply to this thread, was deserving in your mind, to warrant a reply with your idea.
I read it, and now feel compelled to react.

As far as leaving? Wow.... Yeah... I guess it is about that these days.

I said why. It's because it feels like some people are specifically targeting others.
I'm not going to leave, it wasn't a threat either, but I stated I will if I feel it continues longer then it needs to.
Continually making it personal is what i'm talking about.

I really want ALL opinions and facts, but when the opinions and facts start to turn to people instead of the topics, I mean, that's not what this is about at all.

If an idea is THAT stupid, the person shouldn't instantly be made out to be as well,
I thought that was the whole point of this?

Different reasons for different people ...but the very side you're presenting has driven off more leading contributors here I know by name than any "restriction" on the most wild, outlandish and pure seat of the pants speculating one can imagine.

Different strokes for different folks ....as long as all respect the fact differences can exist and SHOULD exist, IMO.

Respect the people, hate the idea all you like.
I get the impression that because I talk about something in particular that I am instantly liable for scrutiny because of it.

What if I didn't hold the particular beliefs I stated in this thread but only said them as part of devil's advocate?

Look at OP's reply to me.
edit on 21-4-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I see what you're saying, but I believe the main issue being pushed is that alternative thinkers believe that there are certain SUSPECTS that need to be questioned by the authorities. I don't believe that anyone is stating that someone is IN FACT a terrorist or the guilty party, but simply bringing attention to someone they find to be suspicious in nature.
There were a lot of unanswered questions with Sandy Hook. For example, who was the man in cuffs that was placed in the front of the patrol car? Why isn't the media following up on this and reporting on it?
Nowhere does it say we must agree with what the authorities have declared is an open and shut case. The media has placed themselves in the position where the public expects answers from them. They need to do their job by following up on details and conducting the type of investigative reporting that Americans can be proud of by being thorough and unbiased. Journalism today is essentially dead. It's controlled by the few to dictate to the many.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I agree with you halfway.

See, ATS seems to have aquired a lot of "bandwagon theorists" who want to see a conspiracy in everything. I for one, DO see a conspiracy in everything, but only out of pure curiosity and speculation. NOT because "Omg, false flag! There was an earthquake, I bet it was HAARP! Omg, a shooting! I bet the government did it!"

Conspiracy theorizing has become a bit more mainstream, and a lot of people want to rush to ATS when anything appears on the news, because they want to be the first to cry conspiracy, and they want all the stars and flags for themselves.

Do I think the Sandy Hook shooting and the Boston bombings were set-ups? I have, literally, NO idea.

I have no proof. I have only speculation, and a little evidence leaning both ways.

But, do I believe there is a conspiracy behind these things?

Absolutely.

Why?

All these events seem to happen during drills. And, all these events get grossly exploited by the mainstream news, and every time--I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME--while the story covers the news, some bill is passed that no one hears about until its too late.

Don't believe everything you hear on the news, and don't believe everything you hear in the ALTERNATIVE news either. Like everything, the truth lies somewhere in between.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I see what you're saying, but I believe the main issue being pushed is that alternative thinkers believe that there are certain SUSPECTS that need to be questioned by the authorities. I don't believe that anyone is stating that someone is IN FACT a terrorist or the guilty party, but simply bringing attention to someone they find to be suspicious in nature.
There were a lot of unanswered questions with Sandy Hook. For example, who was the man in cuffs that was placed in the front of the patrol car? Why isn't the media following up on this and reporting on it?
Nowhere does it say we must agree with what the authorities have declared is an open and shut case. The media has placed themselves in the position where the public expects answers from them. They need to do their job by following up on details and conducting the type of investigative reporting that Americans can be proud of by being thorough and unbiased. Journalism today is essentially dead. It's controlled by the few to dictate to the many.

Now that is a good post and those are really good questions.

I also don't disagree that at the top - where all the money is - that there is corruption. I don't even disagree - that at the top where all the elites are - that they aren't making bad decisions - that only line their pockets and bury the common man. I'm very aware of the problems within government. Not just ours. But all of them.

But in knowing that - I'm still not going to turn around and say death to government. That doesn't even make sense. Show me one darn person, who has a plan for America that is going to replace the one taken down in these conspiracy theorists dreams. You know they can dream a good game, talk a good game - but when it comes down to it - what are they suggesting? Replace the government with what? An anarchist state? A Muslim state?

All those people in government are my fellow Americans. They are filled with people with the same hopes and dreams as you and me. It's disturbing to see all these people come out of the woodwork and start condoning violence - because the government is bad. Well get a clue - common everyday people are bad to, and are subject to make mistakes - and that is what our government is made up of - PEOPLE!

/rant (phew, I feel a little better.)

Cirque

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

1. Cop haters.. (Someone got a ticket)
2. Government Haters (Taxes too high)
3. Military Haters (Not enough courage to join)

I find this part a little disturbing and kinda offensive.

It tells me that;

#1 - You're biased, which slightly blinds your ability for forming a logical opinion of this topic

#2 - You're quick to judge others who don't agree with you, which also blinds your cognitive ability

#3 - You don't understand the REAL reasons some of those people think that way.

Its understandable to an extent, because some people really DO judge the government, police, and military before knowing anything about them. So is true for everyone, and everything.

But I have been mistreated by police on numerous occasions when I was growing up in alternative schools, I am AWARE of the wicked evils of our government, and I watched family members completely change (for the worst) after joining the military, and I'm here to tell you; there are a LOT more reasons why people dislike authority other than the stereotypes you've posted here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thank you for your kind words and I also agree with you in your stance that government should continue to exist. I simply want all those who are corrupted to be thrown out and replaced. I also believe that we need to shrink government and get rid of some agencies that are behaving in anti-American ways.
At least I have to hand it to the government. Because of them I no longer have a fear of being blown up in an airplane. Now, I'm just afraid of getting molested by a stranger in uniform, so I can exercise my right to travel on public transportation.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join