It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the West, Texas Explosion a Missile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here are a few frames of the video just before and after the explosion slowed down and toggled back and forth. These frames show something coming into the picture from the left just before the explosion.

Another video with more of the left side of the screen showing.

Another video of the explosion, from another angle. You can also see something entering from the left here, but this video contains very clear audio, just before the explosion, of what sounds a lot like a missile (of some description).

Compare that sound with the sound of the missile in this video:

Now I am the first one to say, I really have no idea about explosions or missiles, But, I did think this was interesting.

I wanted to bring this to more educated people on the subject and get others opinions on it.

To me, in all the videos it appears as if there is something approaching the plant right before the explosion, whether it is a missile or not, I leave that to the more informed on the subject.

And, I did think the sounds in the videos match as well...

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 21-4-2013 by predator0187 because: Change title from Meterorite, which was the original article title, to Missile.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My apologies, I had no idea.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Simple answer

NO

It was a fertilizer explosion for gods sake, look at the oklahoma bombing, same stuff!!!

What are the odds of a meteorite hitting a fertilizer building thats already on fire?? Id hazard a guess at trillions/1
edit on 21-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What would be the purpose?

I mean, it's a fertilizer factory...

Unless you live in the general area, it seems most people are not even aware it happened. It's been drowned out by Boston.

I'm not dismissing it, it was terrible for all the killed and injured, but unless something crazy was going on there ( and there is nothing to lead anyone to believe there was) I just don't see the point of whacking a fertilizer factory with a missile.

Edit:

I got sidetracked by the missile stuff, if it was a meteor what would be the point of withholding that from the public?

It happens, as evidenced by the recent Russian incident. And it could easily be discovered by amatuer astronomers and other observatories.

So I think it is unlikely.
edit on 21-4-2013 by watchitburn because: Squirrel!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Simple answer

NO

It was a fertilizer explosion for gods sake, look at the oklahoma bombing, same stuff!!!

What are the odds of a meteorite hitting a fertilizer building thats already on fire?? Id hazard a guess at trillions/1
edit on 21-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

I was just sharing a post I read before. I am not saying I believe the story, I was asking for others more informed opinions.

In the post they are also mentioning a missile, I think they were trying to think of something else that would cause an explosion.

So please, calm down, there is no need to get so upset about a simple question being asked.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
ahahah it actually makes me laugh that you would pick a Meteorite to discuss before a Missle,

just thinking about the chances of a meteorite hitting that plant after it was already on fire is mind boggling and i feel like its going to explode itself

its like 1 in a 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 to the power of the same for that to happen

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

It was just the title of the article that i got the videos from, and yes, I do admit a missile is a lot more likely as a meteorite would be astronomical, forgive the pun.

I'll change the title.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

They use that same crappy video over and over again to push the missile story bs.

There are other videos showing more...

Nothing comes in from either side. The only thing that has been questioned (by those less in the know) is why at 9 seconds the video seems to skip a frame...and the answer to that is simple

Massive freaking explosion, shock wave, lots light hitting the sensors, guy falling over...oh, and its a camera phone lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think it was a static electricity discharge in the smoke cloud. The smoke ignites from the left and flashes back to the source. With so much carbon and fertilizer in the cloud it would be essentially a fuel/air bomb. Have you seen pics and video of volcanic eruptions with lightning in the smoke column? The smoke cloud from the fire is so dark and dense it reminded me of volcanos.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't know about a missile, but this stuff is definitely a little suspicious...

This is only a drill…

April 16, 2013

North Hills Hospital is proud to be hosting one of the largest emergency preparedness drills ever held in the state of Texas this week. We will be partnering with the North Central Texas Trauma Regional Advisory Council (NCTTRAC) and first responders from throughout North Texas to test our equipment and processes so that when a real disaster happens, we’re all ready to respond.

This drill is even timelier in the wake of the bombings at Monday’s Boston Marathon. Our prayers go out to the victims involved, and we are proud of the first responders – EMS, fire, police, race workers, and hospital staff - who so bravely cared for the injured.

If you live near North Hills Hospital, you will see a lot of activity in our parking lots over the next three days as the NCTTRAC sets up a mobile 140-bed hospital, along with dozens of ambulances, several AMBUS (multi-patient ambulances), and helicopters. This is only a drill and will simulate a hospital evacuation, something that might be necessary in the event of a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, or prolonged power failure.

Set-up for the drill will take place Tuesday and Wednesday, with the drill occurring on Thursday. At no time will regular patient care be affected, as the drill will use only “actor” patients and be confined to non-patient care areas and the parking lot. Tune in to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/northhillshosp) and Instagram feed (@NorthHillsHospital) for pictures of the drill throughout the week.

Update on the drill (posted 4/18): Due to the events in West, Texas last night, North Hills Hospital and the NCTTRAC have chosen to cancel today’s emergency preparedness drill. Many of the same resources planned for the drill have already deployed to West to help care for the victims down there.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, loved ones, and first responders affected by this terrible tragedy.

in TEXAS ...

60 miles from the FERTILIZER PLANT EXPLOSION

OPERATION "BLACK RAIN"

FULL SCALE EMTF "EXERCISE DRILL"

APRIL 17th & 18th

Regional Full Scale EMTF Exercise - Black Rain

www.ncttrac.org...

www.ncttrac.org]

Gee, what a coincidence!

ANOTHER GOVERNMENT DRILL the EXACT DATE coinciding with a MAJOR EXPLOSION in the SAME AREA of the Drill.

But it gets better....

READ what this DRILL/EXERCISE and GOVERNMENT GROUP (NCTRAC) was CREATED/DESIGNED for....

====================================
The North Central Texas region is impacted by a radiological catastrophe at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant. The blast and residual fallout results in many injuries and fatalities within the immediate hazard area and the densely populated DFW Metroplex area is affected by blackouts and rolling brownouts due to loss of power generation. Blast and fallout damage results in a critical taxing of the medical community and generates a potential need for medical evacuation and vast number of worried well within the metropolitan population.

Region 2 of the Texas Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) must activate and deploy its Ambulance, AMBUS and MMU Strike Teams to assist with the first response and contamination monitoring efforts of the medical community.
====================================

"fema type trucks set up in waco day before explosion...just documentation no other conclusions..."

Apr 17, 2013

update !!! fema drill in the area confirmed, Update on the drill (posted 4/18): Due to the events in West, Texas last night, North Hills Hospital and the NCTTRAC have chosen to cancel today's emergency preparedness drill. Many of the same resources planned for the drill have already deployed to West to help care for the victims down there. northhillshospital.wordpress.com...

... end of update...

This citizen journalist on 04/16/2013 out of curiosity recorded the video asking the question, what are these fema type trucks doing here, thats all these videos are just documentation thats all, the next day when the explosion occurs he live streams the event for the world to see...these are just documentations with no other conclusions, just documentations... his original posts and other recordings are linked here...

www.ustream.tv...

www.ustream.tv...

in regards to this thread; "The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps..."

note the superbowl banner in the picture above around the original staging area (compare it to navy/NG/army banners at all sports events) and the response in West...

People trapped in burning buildings, dozens critically injured after explosion at fertiliser plant near Waco, Texas

The entire town of West has been evacuated as toxic smoke from the explosion spreads.

The nearby Rest Haven nursing home has collapsed, with residents feared trapped in the rubble, a Texas Department of Safety spokesperson said. Others, including children are trapped in an apartment building.

An emergency triage area has been set up at a nearby baseball field with at least nine medical helicopters landing to evacuate the injured, while police officers drove others to the West to Hillcrest Hospital in their patrol cars.

Authorities are going door to door in the area checking on residents. The explosion knocked out power to a large area surrounding the plant.

The explosion was felt up to 100km away in Dallas, with many residents believing it was an earthquake.

It comes after a week where America has been on high alert after the Boston Marathon bombings which killed three people and wounded another 170.
Although there is no suggestion that the events are related, 'Fahrenheit 9/11' filmmaker and author Michael Moore has tweeted: “This is the anniversary week of the Columbine massacre, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Virginia Tech massacre, the Bay of Pigs, and Waco.

The Waco siege ended on April 19, 1993, the Bay of Pigs on April 17, Columbine on April 20, Oklahoma on April 19 and Virginia Tech on April 16.

www.kwtx.com...

As many as a dozen helicopters were sent to the area and were landing at West High School stadium and at least two-dozen ambulances were waiting there to transport victims to hospitals.

The staging area was later moved because of the threat of an explosion from a second burning tank.

just food for thought I guess...
edit on 21-4-2013 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Awesome explanation.

See, ATS needs more of this rather than "you're wrong!"

I think what you said makes the most sense. Would an explosion like this sound similar to a missile?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I tend to think it was just negligence, but there are still a few things that are slightly fishy.
This plant was in the middle of a long drawn out lawsuit with Monsanto, and I do not put anything past them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also there was the drill in the area, as mentioned above , and the North Korea aspect, in which Austin was supposedly a target.

But still my instincts say it was just a horrible 'profits over safety' accident. The plant was in so many violations, it's not even funny.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

hi pred.

I saw the same strange "flash" on the left, on the scene... Really suspicious....
S&F.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My wife and I both witnessed the tomahawk cruise missile hit the plant before videos were altered. I do not have a picture of the missile, but I don't need one to prove it was there. You can't hide cruise missile without hiding the explosion.
westtexasmissile.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In one of the videos in the OP, it does seem to me like something comes in from the left. interesting... until this thread I didnt even know there were other videos of the explosion

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Nothing comes in from either side. The only thing that has been questioned (by those less in the know) is why at 9 seconds the video seems to skip a frame...and the answer to that is simple

the problem I see with the video you posted is the direction of the plume of smoke prior to the explosion. It appears to be drifting directly away from the camera. In the Op's videos, the smoke is moving to the left. which would explain why no object is seen in your vid. because the smoke plume and fire, would be obscuring it from view because the footage was shot from an entirely different angle.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Cheesefacedogbone because: clarification

top topics

join