It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscriptions and reference threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know your probably thrilled with suggestions from members, it isn't like you don't already have enough to do.

I have a number of I call them 'nuts and bolts' threads subscribed to. SO's thread on annoying ads, how to embed, BBS code, etc. I refer to them and I also post them as the answer for questions out on the boards. I know I am not alone in this. The trouble is, unless someone is posting on these threads, they fall off my subscribed list, and there is no way to scroll or whatever to get them back until they are posted on. Is there any way we could have a section on our MyATS page for things we want to save like that where they didn't fall off?
edit on 21-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Although it's not the answer you're looking for, I used to bookmark significant threads and collect them in an ATS bookmark folder.

It was a good way to keep links to decent threads, exceptional posts and a few posts of my own that had links to refer to.

Firefox has the ability to add folders to the bookmarks menu and I don't know if any others do the same.

Another alternative is posting a list on your profile page in the comments section. You can edit it forever so it's a good way to keep a record of threads you like.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Although it's not the answer you're looking for, I used to bookmark significant threads and collect them in an ATS bookmark folder.

It was a good way to keep links to decent threads, exceptional posts and a few posts of my own that had links to refer to.

Firefox has the ability to add folders to the bookmarks menu and I don't know if any others do the same.

Another alternative is posting a list on your profile page in the comments section. You can edit it forever so it's a good way to keep a record of threads you like.

Thanks for the reply. I do have some bookmarked too. Had not thought of using the comments section. I will think about doing that, but when people post on my page they will move down, soo again with the hunting. I usually operate from MyATS page, venturing out to read from there. I guess that is why it seems so handy to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This might help.

Not a lot of members are aware of the subscriptions page. It holds 100s of subscribed threads and ctrl+F makes a search easier.

It was a couple of years or more before someone told me about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

This might help.

Not a lot of members are aware of the subscriptions page. It holds 100s of subscribed threads and ctrl+F makes a search easier.

It was a couple of years or more before someone told me about it.

WOW I had no idea!! Thank you so much!! That helps enormously! Don't I feel silly now, it was right there in front of my face.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join