It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Announces Military Pay Cuts, Gives $102 Million To Foreign Terror Group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by cholo

why do you avoid the subject about sending millions over seas when the money is needed within the US?
Oh yeah...because you can't defend it! I swear, you Hispanics are really stubborn, must be the "macho man" in you.

I eat escorpions for breakfast!

Honestly, this country has been sending money over seas since we took over the Panama canal 100 years ago.
There are probably hundreds of groups being paid by the US, the military and intelligence communities spends BILLIONS every years paying for intel and black ops. I think it is old news...

I would prefer to spend the money in the US and give it to members of the military, teachers, police, firefighters,
social workers and the like, however it seems like it is time to address fiscal issues.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

You have no clue how Americas economy revolve do you, I am not going to teach you the lesson because we have exhausted that issued in ATS for years.

Cutting US American workers that most of the work force of the nation falls under the Federal government in one way or another, will hinder any chances of the US economy to recuperate, Unemployment only increase the welfare state, for you information, that is what has been growing since the Democraps took over.

Cutting revenue while still spending on waste an abuse is not going to fix anything, any body that can add two and two and have a basis in mathematical skills knows that.

The Federal govenrment via the Federal reserve is spending billions of dollars on bailouts to the too big to fail, did you knew that? at a tune of almost 100 million a month, is call the Qantitive easing, because most big banks in the US are still bankcrupted. thanks to that tax payer money they can look like they are doing great.

So there you have it, you can not spend more that is earned is simple math, lost of income means not payroll taxes to keep spending, but hey the government can keep printing.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It is gonna happen, why? Because this generation is more impressed with making a good living and enjoying life
than listening to a dinosaur mullah. I would bet that nearly 80% of Iran's youthful population would rather be
living in a western style democracy. The war in the ME is a cultural war and the young always win in those sorts of
struggles. Just recall our own history and how much this culture has rejected dinosaur conservatism of old ways.
It will happen in the ME, this generation will chose the world community, not yet another bout with Islamo fascism,
they have already been there done that.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by cholo

You have no clue how Americas economy revolve do you, I am not going to teach you the lesson because we have exhausted that issued in ATS for years.

Cutting US American workers that most of the work force of the nation falls under the Federal government in one way or another, will hinder any chances of the US economy to recuperate, Unemployment only increase the welfare state, for you information, that is what has been growing since the Democraps took over.

Wow, you sound exactly like a Keynesian inspired Democrap!

And last I checked, the DOW was under 8,000 the day Obama was sworn in, Friday it closed over 14,000,
so I don't know where you are getting your bollocks about increasing the welfare state. The fact their are
more people retiring than are entering the work force is a nice thing to hide behind I realize. How about the
fact that more people are back in school under the Democraps? Do you realize that school helps to bolster
jobs markets and increase economic activity?
FYI the Republicans want to cut an even larger cross section of government jobs and spending...

Cutting revenue while still spending on waste an abuse is not going to fix anything, any body that can add two and two and have a basis in mathematical skills knows that.

The Federal govenrment via the Federal reserve is spending billions of dollars on bailouts to the too big to fail, did you knew that? at a tune of almost 100 million a month, is call the Qantitive easing, because most big banks in the US are still bankcrupted. thanks to that tax payer money they can look like they are doing great.

So there you have it, you can not spend more that is earned is simple math, lost of income means not payroll taxes to keep spending, but hey the government can keep printing.

You are talking about income that is taken from the pay checks of other people who work. You do realize that
is called GOVERNMENT SPENDING, payer your husband's firm is GOVERNMENT SPENDING. Just
reminding you of that little tidbit.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

I disagree, fundamentalism specially in middle eastern countries run deep, is a way of life, and believe it or not, Iran is not what US propaganda has us believe to be, contrary to Saudi Arabia that are under a rule of a medieval feudal monarchy, but The house of Saud is our friends, while Iran is our enemy.

Is all about agendas, the oil/ Geopolitical wars are still fresh running on schedule, perhaps a littler bit off time since the Bush Sr. era nerveless on going, because it has nothing to do with the well being of the people in any of the countries that US corporate dictatorship have their eyes on.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Sorry Cholo but you are arguing what you don't understand, I guess I am done with trying to have a meaniful debate with you, that long post shows exactly that you have not clue what goes on in our govenrment.

Pity.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

As I was researching on the Syrian Rebels that will be the recipients of such US tax payers generosity thanks to the Obama administration, I found that actually he is to fund his friends within the Muslim brotherhood, is nice to know that while Americans are losing jobs, (cholo thinks is because they are retiring in wealth because the economy is doing so good) the tax payer money is to end in the hands of terrorist groups.

Muslim Brotherhood establishes militia inside Syria

Calling itself the "Armed Men of the Muslim Brotherhood", the militia has a presence in Damascus as well as opposition hot spots like Homs and Idlib. One of their organisers, who called himself Abu Hamza, said that he started the movement along with a member of the Syrian National Council (SNC), the opposition alliance.

"We saw there were civilians with weapons inside, so we decided to co-operate with them and put them under one umbrella," he said.

Hossam Abu Habel, whose late father was in Syria's Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s, said that he raised $40-50,000 (£25,000-£32,000) a month to supply Islamist militias in Homs province with weapons and other aid.

The militias he funded were not affiliated to the Free Syrian Army (FSA), the main rebel movement, added Mr Abu Habel.

Americans should be so proud of how our tax dollars are wasted financing Syria Terrorist (I mean rebels groups).

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Muslim Brotherhood of Syria A littler history of their establishment since 2012

www.ask.com...

edit on 21-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Hmmm... From your reply:

So are you trying to imply that Assad is a peaceful and righteous ruler of men?

America is attempting to let the forces of modernity extinguish the stagnant climate that allows for dictators
and mid-evil zealots.

You sound like a Ronald Reagan campaign commercial with that. I fell for it as a teenager who didn't know anything and couldn't be bothered to learn back when he was President. Such are the joys of youth. Nothing bad happens from being wildly mistaken.

Islamo Fascism cannot be marginalized until the people can experience the power of
democratic principles, and that cannot happen until the dictators are ousted.

And when are you planning to enlist, take a rifle and stand a post in this war? I deal with the costs of the wars already fought when I look into the haunted eyes of close family. I lived with the ghosts of Asian Jungles growing up with my father, who quite literally died in meaningful ways in some crappy patch of Laotian Jungle before I was born.

The Muslim world will eventually chose western culture because the youth are tired of being oppressed by fanatics. When the teenagers of today take over Syria and Egypt, we will see the region finally join the ranks of the world community and not just be some defunct land for terrorists and despots.

The scary thing is, millions believe this. Idealism can bring a nation down ...it can't build it back up or run it in the aftermath ...as both Egypt and Libya are learning in VERY painful ways almost daily right now.

Assad is no good guy and he's no one's solution. The alternative is simply EVIL ...where Assad is just a horses tail and full of about the same, most of the time.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

I disagree, fundamentalism specially in middle eastern countries run deep, is a way of life, and believe it or not, Iran is not what US propaganda has us believe to be, contrary to Saudi Arabia that are under a rule of a medieval feudal monarchy, but The house of Saud is our friends, while Iran is our enemy.

Is all about agendas, the oil/ Geopolitical wars are still fresh running on schedule, perhaps a littler bit off time since the Bush Sr. era nerveless on going, because it has nothing to do with the well being of the people in any of the countries that US corporate dictatorship have their eyes on.

And you completely ignore the fact that young people all over the middle east are tired of fundamentalism.

Sorry to burst your bubble but a happy and prosperous people are much easily to control than and angry, religious inspired fundamentalists. People who assume they are well are much easier to control... The ME
is a new economy that can be a great source of revenue for American corporations, you are thinking like
the old school which is why you do not get it now.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Is nothing wrong with dreaming of a world utopia, sadly that Utopia is at the cost of millions of Innocent lives, but hey profits are to be made after all, while the rest keeps dreaming.

Have a nice day, cholo, sadly the middle east will still be run under and Islamic rule regardless of what the profiteers in the US do.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by cholo

Hmmm... From your reply:

So are you trying to imply that Assad is a peaceful and righteous ruler of men?

America is attempting to let the forces of modernity extinguish the stagnant climate that allows for dictators
and mid-evil zealots.

You sound like a Ronald Reagan campaign commercial with that. I fell for it as a teenager who didn't know anything and couldn't be bothered to learn back when he was President. Such are the joys of youth. Nothing bad happens from being wildly mistaken.

This is not 1980, the lines that define culture are quickly evaporating and the youth of the ME have seen decades of Islamism, they are tired of it. They will chose to be apart of the world eventually and I think that time
has come. You severally underestimate the power of technology it's influence on tomorrow generation.

And when are you planning to enlist, take a rifle and stand a post in this war? I deal with the costs of the wars already fought when I look into the haunted eyes of close family. I lived with the ghosts of Asian Jungles growing up with my father, who quite literally died in meaningful ways in some crappy patch of Laotian Jungle before I was born.

Why do I need to enlist? They are over there sorting it out

The Muslim world will eventually chose western culture because the youth are tired of being oppressed by fanatics. When the teenagers of today take over Syria and Egypt, we will see the region finally join the ranks of the world community and not just be some defunct land for terrorists and despots.

The scary thing is, millions believe this. Idealism can bring a nation down ...it can't build it back up or run it in the aftermath ...as both Egypt and Libya are learning in VERY painful ways almost daily right now.

People believe in it because it is the truth, people want good lives and they will eventually realize that another
dance with Islamism is not the way to go. I believe that this is a turning point in history, just like the 60's were for America.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

Is nothing wrong with dreaming of a world utopia, sadly that Utopia is at the cost of millions of Innocent lives, but hey profits are to be made after all, while the rest keeps dreaming.

Have a nice day, cholo, sadly the middle east will still be run under and Islamic rule regardless of what the profiteers in the US do.

I am not sure what you are talking about, which millions of lives and which utopia?

Did you know that black people used to shackled and chained on American soil? You swear
that things remain the same for time and memorial, however, they do not. Youth clears out the
old conventions and the middle east is going through that as we speak.
edit on 21-4-2013 by cholo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

You know, you JUST arrived here ...so your stats say...this very afternoon in fact. Yet you come on so strong and hostile, someone would think you'd been here for years and well established to your positions. Almost as if we're supposed to know and account for that.

I see the idealism of youth in you. I see some of the very worst I saw in Occupy while I was a part of that movement. All ideas....no logic or plans to follow beyond the next stage (which was usually destroying something among those extreme members there)

So..I figure I had my say to your ...theory, and we all have a right to one. I have a right to call it very badly mistaken..as I have. Beyond that? I'm extremely curious to see how your next days go here, given how your "first one" has started out. After all..you are brand new here...right?

edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor correction in fairness to the Occupy Movement

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Your idealism and Passion is commendable, but be carefully, take it easy on how you post your opinions, we are not ogres trying to eat each other in this boards we are a community and most of us are here to help each other, many will take your post the wrong way, listen to Wrabbit 2000. You can get a lot done more with a bit of honey than fighting your way in.

Lets stick to the topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

You know, you JUST arrived here ...so your stats say...this very afternoon in fact. Yet you come on so strong and hostile, someone would think you'd been here for years and well established to your positions. Almost as if we're supposed to know and account for that.

I am sorry if I am being hostile, I am passionate and well versed in my own set of beliefs.

I see the idealism of youth in you. I see some of the very worst I saw in Occupy while I was a part of that movement. All ideas....no logic or plans to follow beyond the next stage (which was usually destroying something among those extreme members there)

The youth were also the primary block of people who marched with the black southerners while they were getting shredding by dogs and clubbed by redneck cops. I remind you of that endeavor so you do not mistakenly conflate all acts of youth with failure or ineptitude.

I am not sure if you are trying to equate ME policy and youth movements, but I remind you that ME policy
is not formulated by youth. In fact sir, the majority of this governments policies are concocted by seasoned,
more elderly individuals. I should point out that; you do not seem to be too thrilled with those outcomes either.

So..I figure I had my say to your ...theory, and we all have a right to one. I have a right to call it very badly mistaken..as I have. Beyond that? I'm extremely curious to see how your next days go here, given how your "first one" has started out. After all..you are brand new here...right?

edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor correction in fairness to the Occupy Movement

I am interested that you are using my "newness" as a way to discredit the volition of my "first day" of activity.
What, prey tell, does my past ATS experiences have to do with anything???

I am also interested to hear how you are able to predict the outcome of my theory? Did you know that desegregation was an outlandish youthful theory in 1960? Did you also know that gay people can get married?

previously theoretical ~

One day, I will be right, unless the Earth ceases to be.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

Your idealism and Passion is commendable, but be carefully, take it easy on how you post your opinions, we are not ogres trying to eat each other in this boards we are a community and most of us are here to help each other, many will take your post the wrong way, listen to Wrabbit 2000. You can get a lot done more with a bit of honey than fighting your way in.

Lets stick to the topic.

Sorry if I got ogre on you Marg, but I must admit I love a good fight.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

We all do, but after been in the boards for so long fighting is something I just don't seem to get into the mood anymore, used to be a forum back in the days call the mud pitt, I got my butt kicked in that forum the same week I joined that forum was only for heated debates, it was also the only and first time I got a warning, so trust me when I say we all get heated once in while I learned my lesson too bad they board took that forum away, it was something worth to read.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Okay, fair enough... Let's start over.

I am sorry if I am being hostile, I am passionate and well versed in my own set of beliefs.

Agreed on the first part....not so much on the second. I've yet to ever see youth or anyone else for that matter, openly protesting Islamic Radicalism or Jihadi fighting tactics within a Middle Eastern Nation where it's practiced. Oh, there are plenty of moderate Muslims. hundreds of millions of them. After all, it's a Faith numbering over 1.2 Billion people, worldwide. This would be a VERY VERY short war ...we'd lose ... if it were fighting all of them or even a % of them.

That being said, you suggest the momentum in on the side of change. I agree with that. You suggest it's for the better and to get rid of the old for the positive promise of the new. That I do NOT agree with. We're seeing a Caliphate reform before our very eyes, as it existed from 699 AD to very near the present day. They once ruled that entire region and across at least two very distinct Empire's and time periods. They obviously want it again but are being somewhat subtle about coming out and calling it that just yet, IMO.

The youth were also the primary block of people who marched with the black southerners while they were getting shredding by dogs and clubbed by redneck cops. I remind you of that endeavor so you do not mistakenly conflate all acts of youth with failure or ineptitude.

The youth are who marched among the adults. The youth are who died for the cause too...they didn't change it. Martin Luther King was no Spring Chicken. The greatest contribution of the youth workers and volunteers of the civil rights movement was, literally, to die for it and bring the attention of a nation and the world upon the corruption and evils of the 'Deep South' at the time. They made a movie about one of th turning point events for the whole period. "Mississippi Burning". Even Hoover and his G-men wouldn't ignore it after THAT and it had finally gone too far.

I don't equate or see comparison here in any form. The Youth were killed..they weren't bombing others with suicide vests or hiding among civilians to let them take the brunt of return fire from Government troops, like the cowards of the FSA do on a daily basis. Hit and Run is one thing in a fight ...Hit and stand AMONG civilian living areas? Well.... they and they alone determine where those returning rounds are striking by their own choice of positions to fight from.

I am interested that you are using my "newness" as a way to discredit the volition of my "first day" of activity. What, prey tell, does my past ATS experiences have to do with anything???

If you're actually new? It has nothing to do with anything. New says nothing to your knowledge or logic.

It's just very rare, in my experience and time here, to see a TRULY new member hit the forums with such confidence, force and aggressiveness right from day 1, post 1. Not unheard of, I'm sure ...but I can't honestly think of another who has, who I saw, and wasn't later in hot water for being caught as a return with a diff name. My bad 100% if you're just supremely confident in yourself where so very few are...in the same 'first day' situation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

Agreed on the first part....not so much on the second. I've yet to ever see youth or anyone else for that matter, openly protesting Islamic Radicalism or Jihadi fighting tactics within a Middle Eastern Nation where it's practiced. Oh, there are plenty of moderate Muslims. hundreds of millions of them. After all, it's a Faith numbering over 1.2 Billion people, worldwide. This would be a VERY VERY short war ...we'd lose ... if it were fighting all of them or even a % of them.

I believe there are far more moderates than extreme members of the religion. I also believe there is a whole
generation of internet aged youths who are completely disaffected by the overbearing nature of Islamism. They
are not only influenced by western music and pop culture, they are now able to directly integrate into western life
virtually. I think you SEVERELY underestimate the power of this factoid.

That being said, you suggest the momentum in on the side of change. I agree with that. You suggest it's for the better and to get rid of the old for the positive promise of the new. That I do NOT agree with. We're seeing a Caliphate reform before our very eyes, as it existed from 699 AD to very near the present day. They once ruled that entire region and across at least two very distinct Empire's and time periods. They obviously want it again but are being somewhat subtle about coming out and calling it that just yet, IMO.

They are gonna have a hell of a time leading a bunch of youngsters who want to get rich, buy a nice car and go
on vacay to NYC.

The youth are who marched among the adults. The youth are who died for the cause too...they didn't change it. Martin Luther King was no Spring Chicken. The greatest contribution of the youth workers and volunteers of the civil rights movement was, literally, to die for it and bring the attention of a nation and the world upon the corruption and evils of the 'Deep South' at the time. They made a movie about one of th turning point events for the whole period. "Mississippi Burning". Even Hoover and his G-men wouldn't ignore it after THAT and it had finally gone too far.

the civil rights movement was essentially a youth movement, Martin Luther King Jr. was 26 when organized the
bus boycott, he was acting on his youthful idealism. His memoir shows that he formulated the entire basis of him activities in his youthful, formative years. The majority of people who faced the violence were youth and despite all their inability to plan, think and be logical, they succeeded.

I don't equate or see comparison here in any form. The Youth were killed..they weren't bombing others with suicide vests or hiding among civilians to let them take the brunt of return fire from Government troops, like the cowards of the FSA do on a daily basis. Hit and Run is one thing in a fight ...Hit and stand AMONG civilian living areas? Well.... they and they alone determine where those returning rounds are striking by their own choice of positions to fight from.

Do you really think that the people bombing others and hiding constitute the motives of the entire crowd?
I think you are mislead if you do not realize that most societal change is spurred on by youth trying to detach
from older convention.

If you're actually new? It has nothing to do with anything. New says nothing to your knowledge or logic.

It's just very rare, in my experience and time here, to see a TRULY new member hit the forums with such confidence, force and aggressiveness right from day 1, post 1. Not unheard of, I'm sure ...but I can't honestly think of another who has, who I saw, and wasn't later in hot water for being caught as a return with a diff name. My bad 100% if you're just supremely confident in yourself where so very few are...in the same 'first day' situation.

I am not new, I have been visiting ATS since the winter of 2004

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Wow, what a waste of money that could be wasted on our own country instead. It's really sad. I think we could all at least agree on that no matter which country it went to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join