It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Bethune UFO testimony

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by BullwinkleKicksButt

evidence of absence...

OK PEOPLE. 0bserver1 has told us, this is all BS.

MODS can you close this thread. It's clear 0bserver1 has provided sufficient evidence to debunk this

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I almost did right... outch sometimes my schizophrenic debunker kicks in.. It's hard to fight the guy

edit on 22-4-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
LMAO

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As a reminder to other readers, the area are not stranger to UFO phenomena appearance. The BOAC Labrador incident also happened close by (a bit north west IIRC).

anyone interested in the pattern (lights, at sea, nighttime, sudden intercept) can see a similarity with the CANADIAN Destroyer Iroquis case.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Canadian Naval Officer Has Close Encounter In Hawaiian Waters, 1952
Date: May, 1952

From the witness: "Suddenly one of these objects appeared at close range on our port bow at a low elevation. It was disc shaped and consisted of a very bright light with black windows running around the whole side which was visible to us. It maintained perfect station on us for at least fifteen minutes. I scanned the object with binoculars attempting to see into the windows but saw nothing."

Witness: George R. MacFarlane, Commander Royal Canadian Navy Retired

Early this year I received a letter from Commander MacFarlane stating his interest in relating an experience he had while serving with the Royal Canadian Navy. I sent a letter in reply assuring him that we were most interested in receiving his report either written or by way of interview. I was pleased to receive his letter [and] have followed up with telephone interviews.

MacFarlane's ship the Iroquois was considered to be a "pocket cruiser". She entered service on November 30, 1942 and served with distinction during the Second World War. When war broke out in Korea, the Iroquois was refitted for anti-submarine warfare. The Iroquois first arrived in Korea in June of 1952, where it completed three tours of duty before returning to Canada in December of 1954. Four of the Iroquois ship's company were killed and ten were wounded. These young men were to be the only Canadian naval casualties of the conflict.

At the time of the sighting, MacFarlane had the rank of Lieutenant.

Commander George R. MacFarlane's letter follows:

This is an account of a sighting of flying saucers that I saw when travelling from Pearl Harbour, Hawaii to Guam in the Canadian Destroyer H.M.C.S. Iroquois in May 1952. The ship left Pearl Harbour around 1800 [6 PM] and proceeded on a westerly course at about 14 knots. I was the Officer of the watch on the bridge, having taken over the watch at 2400 [midnight]. The ship was in three watches and proceeding under normal routine conditions. There was a thin layer of mist overhead; the stars were not visible. The temperature was warm and there was no wind.

At about 0100, I saw a single white light on the port bow at about 30 degrees elevation at a visual estimated range of about a mile. It moved from right to left at a rapid rate. It had a halo around it due to the mist. I assumed it to be a low flying aircraft. It did not appear on the Sperry Navigational radar. The air defence radar was not in service due to a major maintenance routine. I thought it unusual to see a low flying aircraft which at this time was about 100 miles from Hawaii. There were no military aircraft listed on the operational schedule for this area.

A short time later another light appeared from the same direction, passing at high speed. It was not picked up on the navigational radar either, which was not surprising as the radar detection lobe covers the surface but not the sky. By now the mist had dissipated and the sky was clear.

These two incidents were not similar to subsequent sightings. They are recorded only to give a complete picture of events.

At about 0200 I saw the first of many strange lights in the sky. The vast majority were in formation, usually quarter line, and all appeared on the port side [toward the south]. Many were in groups of three, some in groups of five or six. They appeared and disappeared instantly, at the same speed a computer screen operates.

They moved from time to time and the numbers changed frequently. At one time I counted more than thirty. I recall discussing the possible identity of these lighted objects with the signalman on watch with me. He thought they were very strange .

Suddenly one of these objects appeared at close range on our port bow at a low elevation. It was disc shaped and consisted of a very bright light with black windows running around the whole side which was visible to us. It maintained perfect station on us for at least fifteen minutes. I scanned the object with binoculars attempting to see into the windows but saw nothing. I counted the windows and recall there were about two dozen. They were very large and close together and completely black. Although the body of the object glowed very brightly, it did not prevent me from looking directly at it. The object appeared more oval in shape than round.

And then suddenly it was gone. There was no sound made at any time. There were still some objects visible far off on the port side. They also had disappeared by 0300.

The problem then was what to enter in the ship's log! I decided to state that many meteorites had been sighted during the watch. At 0400 I turned the watch over to Lieutenant Doug Tutte without mentioning the flying objects. He did not read the ship's log until he wrote up the record of his watch at 0800.

We met at breakfast. He said that I hadn't mentioned seeing meteorites on the turnover and wanted to know what they looked like. Eventually he described a similar experience and we discussed the subject at length. He also had failed to call the captain, and for similar reasons he also reported sighting many meteorites during the watch in the log.

edit on 23-4-2013 by milomilo because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

I almost did right... outch sometimes my schizophrenic debunker kicks in.. It's hard to fight the guy

edit on 22-4-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Nearly spat my breakfast out. Thumbs up.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
although it's said all 31 crew and passengers on the plane witnessed the object, the psychiatrist on board kept his eyes shut because he didn't want to lose his job.

i also see this as the classic 'i cant accept reality because it will ruin my belief/fantasy' syndrome

modern 'highly educated' scientist with closed mind are like this , the cowards who fears their peer's ridicule instead of looking for the truth..

the whole modern science are filled with such people, only few people dared to venture to new grounds while others meekly follow.. those who so quick in condemning theories that dont fit in their belief , the debunkers and skeptics who argue just for the sake of arguing, not for the truth..

since the ancient times, man always use their power to suppress others, sometimes hiding behind religion (inquisition) , and nowadays hiding behind science as their religion..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join