It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinched nerve help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey ATS! I've got a bit of a question for you to see if anyone might have resources that might help me out.

I've recently pinched a nerve in my shoulder. I'm a college student (I graduate on Saturday! ) so I'm use to carrying around a massive backpack all day long. Last week I did something wrong and I'm 99.9% sure I pinched a nerve. I can barely turn my neck or lift my arm up to touch my head.

I don't have insurance and rather not see a doctor for this. So, has anyone else dealt with a pinched nerve with some success?

Thanks, guys.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Long hot shower to try and loosen up the area, you could of pinched a nerve and also pulled or tweaked a muscle, so have a good long hot shower, try to massage the area a little or move it a little, dont force it if you cant, but hot water will usually loosen it up a bit or help stuff move back to where it should be.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I feel for your pain OP. Realistically, not even a doctor can diagnose you on the interwebs. There are many doctors that work on a sliding scale and then there are alternative therapies that may be much cheaper. Can you scrape up a few bucks for a masseuse? I understand you have a Ramen Noodle budget, but maybe begging and borrowing would be helpful for now. Oh yes, I do remember the days of heavy backpacks and books. Sorry your in pain.

P.S: You can always go to the emergency room if things are too bad. I thought younger people were covered while in college through their parents health insurance?
edit on 20-4-2013 by SinMaker because: Post script

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

I'm a non-traditional student.. I'll be 30 in August. I don't work enough for insurance and all my money goes into rent/bills. I might see about going to get a massage, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A pinched nerve isn't a muscular problem. Massage therapy will feel good but won't fix the problem.

See a chiropractor. Most have student or uninsured rates. A visit or two, and you will be as right as rain.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

If the pain continues you really need to seek medical help. Until then, take two Aleve every day. It might take a day or two for the Aleve to start working, but it really helps. I have a torn rotator cuff that I was told would only tear again if I had surgery to fix it. Without Aleve I would literally be in excruciating pain 24/7. WITH Aleve I have no pain whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Meds similar to Aleve:

naproxen
naprosin

edit on 4/21/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join