It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized – Not A Human Right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow... Just wow.The whole interview was clearly from a wealthy sociopathic point of view, That individual is completely disconnected from reality. I would never trust a person who wants to privatize the most abundant and necessary resource on the planet, and neither should you.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

This is old news, Nestle has been promoting that idea for a long time.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wait for the tax on sex.
It's the only one that we will gladly pay more offor fear our comrades will know how little we actually get.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In my country one pays for tapwater as a municipal utility anyway-you don't pay,it gets shut off BUT we are allowed to collect rainwater,or keep our own private supplies in large tanks/containers.My family and i get free tap water from an artesian well though,so we're very fortunate,municipal tapwater tastes awful.If my country's government had to tell people they may not collect rainwater or grow veggies in their yards,things would propably get interesting,i can imagine.I have to say-the moment people in other countries were first forbidden from collecting rainwater-should have been the time to collectively rise up and say NO WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.But they did not.My opinion on this-a tax on oxygen will be forthcoming somewhere in the future-and again,it will pass.Because people will let it-though i hope i'm wrong on that score.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just for reference I came across some of his posts regarding this, and his claims that his statements were taken out of context, But the fact remains that his company sells bottled water, and he wants to expand that area of profits in my opinion.

If the company was truly interested in sustainability they would not be attempting to it through their company.

Water is a human right – but not a free good

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
For interest's sake-what is the situation re borehole water in America and the UK/Europe.In my country,if you don't want to be dependent on municipal water/worry about your future ability to pay for it/cannot stand the taste-you pay a private business to sink a borehole in your yard,and you're fixed up-thats still allowed here too,and i don't see it changing.Always a good option.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wait a second before you get panties wedged in delicate areas, it's already not free. Granted, my rent bundles my cable & water in, but if the landlord doesn't pay the water bill, what don't I have coming through the pipes? If it's not paid for, I'm not entitled to it from the municipality. And there's already privatized water companies out there. Do we have no customers of American Water, or United Water on the board?

Big disclaimer: I can't view the video, so if he's calling for somehow making rainwater illegal to collect, good luck on that, bro.

edit on 4/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Haha well, whats he gonna do about all the free water that falls from the sky? Put a massive hood up over the towns and cities, leading to a run off where it's collected, purified, marked up at a ridiculous price...
I guess he just wants people who live in countries of very low rainfall to die just of thirst then, or pay (which many of them can't) for it...
There is a word reserved for him which isn't usually uttered in polite society. But he is one...

I don't know what laalaa land he lives in anyway, we have to pay for our water as it is...
edit on 21-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Do you get the feeling these multi-nationals are just seeing how far they can go before people start to react/revolt?

The trouble is they own just about everything so trying to boycott their products is almost an impossible task.

One way we can fight back is if we start organising groups in our own towns and forming grow your own food groups, Collecting rainwater, and purifying it via reverse osmosis etc. It's a large task if everyone is doing it individually, but if we form groups the know-how, tasks and costs are shared.

Dig for Dinner!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The UK privatised water years back and most of us have the joy of 2 bills one from the 'supply' company and one from the 'waste/sewage' company.
However if you don't pay the water bill they are NOT allowed to cut your supply as water is a 'human right' of course if you don't pay you will get credit blacklisted and would probably face all sort of other problems - they'd get you somehow for something.
We are also encouraged to use rainwater in the garden/glasshouses and to collect it ourselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
*from the FuTuRe*

Teacher: Goodmorning consumers, err sorry, students; Today we will be learning about the Table of Elements, brought to you by Coca-Cola, Monsanto and Nestle. As you all know, Rupert Murdock supplies all our noble gases.

Students: "Oooooooooo"

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Anyone who's interested in the big bottled water scam, might be interested to watch this documentary called "Tapped".

Here's the trailer:

Bottled water seems to have become the fad thing these days, I'll never understand it... but for anyone who does regularly buy bottled water, perhaps this film will open your eyes.

And yet another documentary about the ugliness of water privatization called "Flow"

Here's the trailer for that one:

I think both are "must watch" documentaries.

Ugh, this topic angers me to no end.

I've made mental note of every Nestle product that I will no longer be purchasing... especially the ones I didn't even know Nestle owned.

The best documentary I've seen on the subject is called "Blue Gold: World Water Wars"

It's on Youtube

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
The UK privatised water years back and most of us have the joy of 2 bills one from the 'supply' company and one from the 'waste/sewage' company.
However if you don't pay the water bill they are NOT allowed to cut your supply as water is a 'human right' of course if you don't pay you will get credit blacklisted and would probably face all sort of other problems - they'd get you somehow for something.
We are also encouraged to use rainwater in the garden/glasshouses and to collect it ourselves.

Just another thing we can thank Margaret Thatcher for.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Wait a second before you get panties wedged in delicate areas, it's already not free. Granted, my rent bundles my cable & water in, but if the landlord doesn't pay the water bill, what don't I have coming through the pipes? If it's not paid for, I'm not entitled to it from the municipality. And there's already privatized water companies out there. Do we have no customers of American Water, or United Water on the board?

Big disclaimer: I can't view the video, so if he's calling for somehow making rainwater illegal to collect, good luck on that, bro.

edit on 4/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Your landlord isn't paying for the water itself but he is paying for it to be pumped to you. Rainwater illegal to collect? Been there done that.

Colorado makes it legal for homeowners to harvest rainwater

In the eyes of the law, Karl Hanzel was a water thief. Colorado homeowners who captured and stored water that fell onto their own roofs were considered to be stealing because that water technically belonged to the owners of streams and aquifers beneath the homeowners’ properties. If caught, they faced fines up to $500 a day. Luckily for Hanzel and other homeowners, a change in Colorado law legalizes this kind of water collection. But homeowners in other states who just want to use less tap water still face legal barriers. In the Southwest, one of the fastest growing regions in the country, water is a precious commodity – one that people are willing to fight over. Water laws, which were created in the 1800s, give those who were first in line for water rights precedence over the rest of the population.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
not sure about any other country but here in England, London really, we already pay for the water in the taps, we pay water rates (or most do) water will most likely become a costly option with the excuse being, that they have to clean it they have to collect it, this will lead them to say that with the current system water isn't as clean as it could be and that privatizing it would bring much cleaner and healthier water.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We even pay for the rain that falls on our own land here in Germany per m². Why? Because the water flows through the drainage and has to be processed.
They will find a way, one way or another.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its a shame that all three of our basic survival needs will be in some way heavily commodified and corporatized. Food, shelter and now water. I can sense a surge in assertion of personal liberties and home gardening /food production and rainfall collection coming.

How greedy and self centred that we, in our own right, are not entitled to live free on a planet we were born on. I guess the reason we were all born is to make someone else rich.
There you go, the meaning of life solved. Promote capitalism? What is our problem?
Please do us a kindness. Would you do us a kindness NWO? Could ya give us the zero-point energy technology now please!! Give Ron Paul a call at the Peace and Prosperity Institute. He'll help you work out the details.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
isnt this the same company that was draining water from one of the great lakes a while back. if i recall a town signed an agreement with them for $$$.
i know i saw a thread on it here and a video, my computer is playing up and wont let me search, sorry.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wait! Everyone is missing a crucial point! This would make it legal to collect rainwater. His GOOD point is that all water shouldn't be public.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

I am already paying for water...it hasn't been free for a long time....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join