It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch it live at 930 pm est Thunder Over Louisville the largest annual fireworks show in the nation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have been to this event live and it is amazing and fun and I wanted to share it with all of you.

A little history behind Thunder Over Louisville...

How did Thunder Over Louisville get started? In just 17 years, what started as a better than average fireworks display has become the pinnacle of pyrotechnics. Thunder is the nation's largest annual fireworks event. It is also one of the top five air shows in the country. Fireworks have been a part of celebrating the Kentucky Derby Festival since the 1960's. Various displays occurred on different nights of the week and locations such as Oxmoor Center in East Jefferson County, including sites along the Ohio River.

There is also a huge airshow, bands, food, etc. This event kicks off the two weeks prior to the annual Kentucky Derby.

Here is the link to the live streaming fireworks set to begin at 930 pm EST. Hope you enjoy it!!Streaming Live Coverage of Thunder Over Louisville
edit on 20-4-2013 by k21968 because: title

edit on 20-4-2013 by k21968 because: added another link

another link to watch streaming
edit on 20-4-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Did you go today? I skipped it mainly because all the military aircraft would not be there.The fireworks I can see from my house.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just a taste from a previous yearwww.youtube.com...reply to post by k21968

Highlights from previous thunder

In case you are curious here is a snippit from a previous year. Make sure you have your sound on...they sinc them to music!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Did you go today? I skipped it mainly because all the military aircraft would not be there.The fireworks I can see from my house.

No, I am skipping it this year, watching from home about an hour away on TV. I work dowtown near Riverfront park and just did not want to be there on a Saturday.

My teenager and her friends all went though and I am sure she will have a great time! I love Louisville this time of year!!

I am so happy to find a fellow L'villian on here! Howdy neighbor!

top topics

join