It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe the whole Adam/Eve Saga, well I say it's not fair to be born into all this because o

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'll make it clear that I don't necessarily believe Genesis in the Literal sense. I think it's symbolic for Adam as mankind or a Soul group, the first of its kind here.

Anyway, so because Adam & Eve messed up, we are born into a fallen world, Sin, Carnal/Animalistic/Adamic mind, Bodies that are so damn weak and fragile, a short, hard life, death, murders, rapes, war, pillaging all around us on this planet, always slaving away, bills, taxes, everything temporary, etc.

So personally, this is my Ode to Adam & Eve, I big fat middle finger to you both!!!! Thanks for all this. All you had to do is not eat from the damn tree. What's so hard about that? If I was Adam, I'd have Eve in check so bad, she'd be scared to go anywhere near that tree.

Oh and for those of you that say this world is so beautiful and great, Jesus said that we are not of this world or to be attached to anything in it. It's all gravy when you have some money in your pocket and a long life ahead of you. But when you have a sibling who is in excruciating pain, born with a auto-immune disease that has no cure until scientists make stem-cell gene therapy available one day (with all the clinical trials were talking 20-30 years) ....it makes you think twice about this place being so great.

Yea, so just a rant. If I see Adam in the afterlife, I'll be sure to smack the taste out of his mouth

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Everyone chooses to be here even if some don't remember.
It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So personally, this is my Ode to Adam & Eve, I big fat middle finger to you both!!!! Thanks for all this. All you had to do is not eat from the damn tree. What's so hard about that? If I was Adam, I'd have Eve in check so bad, she'd be scared to go anywhere near that tree.

Wouldn't a better question be to ask why God made the tree in the first place?

Surely S/He would've known what would happen. So what does that say about the nature of God?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I believe this saga is more metaphora than anything else, prior the apple it renders a pure soul which doesnt know what is good or evil and had childlike experiences of their surroundings, everything was new and everything needs to be explored...

So God tells them not to eat the apple from the tree of knowledge because its wrong, so these two childlike humans were told... telling something is bad and wrong to someone who are innocent as a children and do not know what is this consept something being wrong is or what does it means... i believe they were meant to eat from that tree in some point to get their conscience.

What comes to Eve it was curiosity.. childlike curiosity. How can Adam look after Eve when he is childlike too, how childlike they were we can only wonder

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That tells us that God was for freedom of choice. Adam and Eve knew there were consequences for eating from the tree they were told not to eat from. They also had all of the other trees to eat from. What does that tell you about the nature of humans? We're weak, greedy, and easily tempted.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

After eating from that tree we became weak, greedy and easily tempted. Prior that sin didnt exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

If that was the case, Adam and Eve would've never eaten from the tree and we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If I was Adam, I'd have Eve in check so bad, she'd be scared to go anywhere near that tree.

Well, that was a turn off

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Surely S/He would've known what would happen. So what does that say about the nature of God?

That is a good question and my opinion is that it has to do with the first rebellion. If beings that had first hand experience with all that is and chose to rebel, it is beneficial for the created to have a ground to prove itself as we experience life and what it offers in a secondary state, or life on earth, so that we can fully appreciate the plane that embodies all, or what we refer to as Heaven. Of course this is just a generalization and the rantings of a lunatic.

Did God set up Adam and Eve for failure? My opinion is no; Good was all around and they were to follow just one commandment. This action had a ripple effect for all of mankind.

Does this mean we square the blame on Adam and Eve? I don't see how that would prove to be beneficial for anyone.

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

That tells us that God was for freedom of choice. Adam and Eve knew there were consequences for eating from the tree they were told not to eat from. They also had all of the other trees to eat from. What does that tell you about the nature of humans? We're weak, greedy, and easily tempted.

I try not to see things so negatively. You see weak, greedy, and easily tempted, I see a process of perfection and the beauty of the human experience.
edit on 20-4-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Curiosity is not a sin, sin happened when they ate from the tree against God´s will. Question should be what kind of "parent" God was, did he explained these two "newborns" well enough and was that tree there in purpose that someday apple will be eaten.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So, Adam symbolically represents a group of people who sinned in a defunct part of the Middle East? Why are you blaming all of the world's ailments on this select group of people?

It's the 21 century, yet people still vehemently cling to an archaic book riddled with inconsistencies.

edit on 4/20/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Everyone chooses to be here even if some don't remember.
It is what it is.

Yup, the point is the REMEMBERING part; and oh the colossal failures repeatedly (by the same individuals), unbeleivable.
edit on 20-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It (for some reason) introduces or induces the concept of the inviolate/viotlate Laws (for good to exist so must evil).

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

That makes no sense. Curiosity is one thing, acting on your curiosity is something completely different, and that's what Eve did. Is it a different story if God told Eve not to murder the man he put before them, and out of curiosity Eve chose to do it. I'd love to hear your justification for that one. It's the same exact concept with different actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You are thinking Adam and Eve were physical beings. They were not, they were angelic idea forms. They became physical after being tricked into thinking they had to eat to live (that was the fall the temptation); and who tricked them, why yours truly. Of course this is all a parable or fairy story for what really happened.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'll make it clear that I don't necessarily believe Genesis in the Literal sense.

It is taking advantage of an opportunity to insert a morality play to fit the reality of the times when the Bible was being assembled.
People who thought that they were following the correct God seemed to not be benefitting from that devotion, and needed a sort of explanation for why that might be and it goes into secret dealings, with women, groves, and tempting philosophies.
The man (who the reader relates to) gets swept along with events and really isn't a partner so much as stuck with bad relations who seem bent on ruining everything for the average person.
edit on 20-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

You are thinking Adam and Eve were physical beings. They were not, they were angelic idea forms. They became physical after being tricked into thinking they had to eat to live (that was the fall the temptation); and who tricked them, why yours truly. Of course this is all a parable or fairy story for what really happened.

I think you missed the part where God put Adam to SLEEP, removed a RIB, then closed the FLESH.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I think you missed the part where God put Adam to SLEEP, removed a RIB, then closed the FLESH.

As I said, you are now going into the realm of the "UNFAIRY STORY". There are two. Allopathy was discovered/utililzed when, the 'slicing and dicing' of the human bodyform. If Adam was of the Nefilim, and his original wife was Lilith, why have to make a NEW full form woman EVE (gross matter) from Adams rib who was angelic not being made of gross matter no RIB? Was not all perfect in the garden of Eden? Explain Liliths fall, obviously it was as great as Eves and she as Adam was not physical either (expanding an arguement here). Are you missing a rib on the right or left side (correlates to Jesus's piercing of his liver). Dr. Suess at his best, 'Green Eggs And Ham". The SLEEP thing, well timeout in a laboratory setting, are eggs and ham supposed to be green or simply ROTTEN.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Here is what happened if you read Genesis objectively:

- The gods created everything, including all the people before Adam and Eve.
- YHWH created Adam and Eve.
- YHWH put a tree near their home that gave wisdom and knowledge.
- YHWH told them that the tree would kill them.
- The Serpent told Eve that the tree would give them knowledge.
- Eve ate from the tree. She gained knowledge and did not die.
- YHWH punished Adam and Eve of his own free will.

The Serpent told them the truth and the fruit was good. YHWH chose to punish them and their descendants for rightfully not believing him. Everything that happened as a result is not because Eve ate of the fruit but it is because YHWH chose to punish them out of fear of them becoming as knowing as they (the gods) were.

If I told my daughter to not eat the cookie on the counter or she would die and the she ate it because she knew better and then I destroyed her life and the lives of every precious child to sprout from her lineage... who's the psychopath here? I didn't have to do that. I don't beat the crap out of my kids when they don't listen to me; I go back to the drawing board to find out how to be a better parent.

So, don't blame Eve. Blame your YHWH.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Here is what happened if you read Genesis objectively:

- The gods created everything, including all the people before Adam and Eve.
- YHWH created Adam and Eve.
- YHWH put a tree near their home that gave wisdom and knowledge.
- YHWH told them that the tree would kill them.
- The Serpent told Eve that the tree would give them knowledge.
- Eve ate from the tree. She gained knowledge and did not die.
- YHWH punished Adam and Eve of his own free will.

The Serpent told them the truth and the fruit was good. YHWH chose to punish them and their descendants for rightfully not believing him. Everything that happened as a result is not because Eve ate of the fruit but it is because YHWH chose to punish them out of fear of them becoming as knowing as they (the gods) were.

If I told my daughter to not eat the cookie on the counter or she would die and the she ate it because she knew better and then I destroyed her life and the lives of every precious child to sprout from her lineage... who's the psychopath here? I didn't have to do that. I don't beat the crap out of my kids when they don't listen to me; I go back to the drawing board to find out how to be a better parent.

So, don't blame Eve. Blame your YHWH.

Thank u for that.

My sentiments exactly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join