It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAN TAN VALLEY WALMART - SUSPICIOUS ITEM FOUND IN STORE (5 minutes ago)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A suspicious package has been found at a San Tan Valley, Arizona Walmart. I just saw this on pop up on the scanner. When I opened the live feed, they were talking about setting up a command center and the location of the suspicious package being by a door. That's all the info I have for now.

Just now mentioned bringing in bomb squad.

Could be that everyone is just on high alert after the events of the last week, but figured I would post in case it turns out to be more.

Pinal County Arizona Scanner

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have seen many suspicious packages in Walmarts

You know there will be copy cat incidents, even if just scares and not real events. Be safe everyone, but live your life!
edit on 20-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
I have seen many suspicious packages in Walmarts

You know there will be cop cat incidents, even if just scares and not real events. Be safe everyone, but live your life!

That was my first thought too!

Now they are talking about getting video surveillance and are trying to clear the employees out as well as people in the parking lot.

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
San Tan Valley's Facebook page Link with good updates...

It was a 5 gallon Home Depot paint container that was called in being suspicious!!!

www.facebook.com...

link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

No harm in lettings our members know, regardless.

Hopefully it won't be anything of concern but the LE people pretty well have to act with an abundance of caution in cases like this, especially when some people are a bit on edge already.

link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Anything new? I've been listening for about 2 mins. but haven't heard a thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Quick, ban all Walmarts! I kid I kid.

Like the smoking dude said, there will be copycats. I having a feeling the news is going to be flooded with reports of suspicious packages.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Nope, fell pretty silent now. It was pretty active when I first had it on.

Nope just came back. A couple of kids(teens) by the package and they are trying to clear them out. Gonna ID them.
~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Just now, an officer said there were groups of kids or something associated with the package. I think he was asking for another car or something. Hearing this on the scanner. Pinal County, AZ

Just said working on a vehicle ID, HQ advised not to read it over the air.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Thanks for linking that. From the FB Page

Walmart at Hunt Hwy and Gary road has been evacuated. 5 gallon Home Depot paint container found between 2 cars and is considered suspicious. Store is clear and no injuries reported. Please STAY CLEAR OF THIS AREA until further notice.

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
A suspicious package has been found at a San Tan Valley, Arizona Walmart. I just saw this on pop up on the scanner. When I opened the live feed, they were talking about setting up a command center and the location of the suspicious package being by a door. That's all the info I have for now.

Just now mentioned bringing in bomb squad.

Could be that everyone is just on high alert after the events of the last week, but figured I would post in case it turns out to be more.

Pinal County Arizona Scanner

~OkieDokie

So what exactly determines when a package is "suspicious" ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
99% of these are suspicious packages.

www.globalincidentmap.com...

Lots of crazies and scared people out there these days. Makes me wonder who is actually winning the War on Terrorism.

Peace

edit on 20-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Geez, this is literally minutes from where I live. I hope it all turns out to be ok / nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Good question. I really don't know about that one.

They seem to be really taking this one seriously though.

Just now talking about trying to get the employees to their cars, but don't want them inside the building.

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Damn it could be huge fun to run around town with some 5 gallon buckets and some duct tape.

I wonder how long It would take to get charged as a terrorist, for littering?

edit on 20-4-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just found this....www.santanvalley.com...

.... not much new just confirms what has already been posted here.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Please be advised, third(?) bomb technician has arrived."

"Making contact with the device... Hold all radio traffic"
edit on 20-4-2013 by Heliophant because: Typo

Long pauses of silence, then we get short updates/chatter. They must be using a secure channel for OPs and just giving "open" updates to the regular Chanel from time to time.

Anyways, nothing has been heard on scanner since the above. Sounds like they are investigating the "device" now. Does that mean there IS a bomb at Walmart?

edit on 20-4-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
DPS making contact with the device.

Instructed to hold all radio traffic.

~OkieDokie
edit on 20-4-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Anytime there is a high profile event people want to see the same thing around them. Remember the father and son duo sniping people out of the trunk of their car? People called in tons of similar reports after that made the news.

It's very sad people get so disillusioned with the world they wreak havoc on it. Even sadder that people would copy them in doing such things.

Batman shooting happened and a score of copycat killers or would be killers popped up, and for what? To get your 15 minutes of fame after the first one did? You're not even original good sir.

Nothing really changes with this sort of thing though, what happens on the news is never what actually happens. It's just a symptom of what really goes on behind the scenes. If people think they can make any kind of change by simply making the 8 o'clock spot they are sadly mistaken. They just become a statistic.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Damn it could be huge fun to run around town with some 5 gallon buckets and some duct tape.

I wonder how long It would take to get charged as a terrorist, for littering?

edit on 20-4-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

Sounds like maybe you need a hobby.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join