It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unsolved and Grisley Murder Of Brendan Mess, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Best Friend

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ive got a funny feeling that the older brother was involved in the Boston organized crime world. Maybe the brother might have been recruited as muscle, mediocre boxer, eastern european immigrant, disenfranchised with America, seems like it ticks a lot of boxes.

If there is no foreign connection he had to get money and weapons from somewhere. I think in a town like Boston you have to be pretty connected to get that type of firepower illegally.

edit on 21-4-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

The Russian mafia is pretty strong in Boston right? What about the Chechen mafia? Are they known to have a presence in New England?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Its the sort of crime that would really make you angry at the authorities. Imagine having your friends killed and nobody being caught. It does sound like a drug-debt killing.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Ive got a funny feeling that the older brother was involved in the Boston organized crime world. Maybe the brother might have been recruited as muscle, mediocre boxer, eastern european immigrant, disenfranchised with America, seems like it ticks a lot of boxes.

If there is no foreign connection he had to get money and weapons from somewhere. I think in a town like Boston you have to be pretty connected to get that type of firepower illegally.

The Russian mafia is pretty strong in Boston right? What about the Chechen mafia? Are they known to have a presence in New England?

Are the Russian mafia strong in Boston? I had already wondered about the knives they are more favoured in Eastern Europe in settling arguments, and gangster killings. They are a fecking nuisance, and everywhere.
A friend of mine who lives in Tenerife says they have taken over Southern Tenerife. I generalise when I say Russian, I mean Eastern European gansters, but that includes Russian mafia. I hesitate to say it, but those three killings sounds like a turf war.
edit on 21-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So? My best friend had her baby normal and I had a C-cection. Another best friend of mine drank a lot of booze and I smoke. I had a very good friend commit suicide.

So, what's the point here? All the things our friends get caught up into? Am I blamed for it? Or........somehow apart of it?? Ridiculous....

Oooooo he was angry so he took out innocent people w/ the help of his brother because the cops couldn't catch the bad guys?? Aaaaa hahahaha even more ridiculous

edit on 21-4-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good thing we spend all this money gearing up our police in Humvee's, Camo, state of the art weapons, armor and robots so three people can get there throats slit and remain unsolved murders for 2 plus years. I guess they needed all that Miliatry grade gear to stop a 19 year old.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I tried searching for Boston Chechen/russian Mafia in Boston but all I get are links to the bombing. I do remember watching a show on history channel (take that for what it is) interviewing whitey bulgar's right hand man. In the interview he was adamant that the Boston underground has been overrun with Russian mobsters. The old Irish mob didn't respect or like the Russians super violent M.O.

Here's a link to his amazon wish list

A couple mafia books in there

Link

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That's a really grizzly and horrific murder scene.

I cannot accept that who ever did it is still on the loose. So many real unsolved murders in every city around us it's not even funny. CSI the show is a joke, they make it look like they always bust them, but it's so far from the truth.

Also to those comparing the illicit material being sprinkled onto them and saying "oh they were pot heads" this is not known because the killer put it on them, the killer could have brought it with him and these kids just drink beer, we don't know that.

Plus saying pot heads are easy to over power? Michael Phelps, the most prolific athlete in history, is no pushover, I gotta warn you.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

like the Russians super violent M.O.

Totally sounds like the Russian mafia's modus operandi.

That would explain the professionalism in the killing as well. Leaving no easy to find tracks, etc.

Viable lead, but as you said we have almost nothing to go on.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I generalise when I say Russian, I mean Eastern European gansters, but that includes Russian mafia. I hesitate to say it, but those three killings sounds like a turf war.
edit on 21-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Well when the USSR collapsed, it is said that most of the top military etc simply went over to crime as a way to make ends meet. And thus the "Russian mafia" was born.

My old college roommate who was from Vladivostok, he said that his father owned a business there and had to pay protection to the local mafia thugs. And that's why he sent him here to the USA was to escape that mafia oppression.

He claimed they controlled the whole country inside and out.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by MysticPearl

Here is something I question. If Tamerlan was a devout Muslim why would he be best friends with a pot head? I mean were not talking about Mohammed Atta who liked pork chops, boozing, and strippers!.

We must remember that the word ASSASIN comes from the HASHASHIN, or HASHASHI, a term used by the Mustali to describe the Nizari Ismailis of the Fatid empire when the two seperated from each other in the 12th century.
Its come to us in the west as popular belief to mean the pot smoking muslims (considered lower cast) who would smoke until they went crazy then go to kill christian crusaders while showing no fear because they were stoned, although it wasnt true and was fantasty of medieval westeners..

But two young muslims stoned killing christians ring a bell ??

Didnt someone write here on ATS his number plate on his car is A55A55IN..
edit on 20-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

LOL no... Someone named A55A551N on here (ME) found the number plate which said "Terrorist 1".

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
could be unpaid drug debt

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Well when the USSR collapsed, it is said that most of the top military etc simply went over to crime as a way to make ends meet. And thus the "Russian mafia" was born....

Not only that, but the "new" Russian mobsters had a ready-made underground "Black Market" network created by 70 years of Communist rule.

The Communist government was so inefficient that if you wanted consumers goods quickly (and not wait for months or years on a list), you had to deal with the Black Market.

The Russian underground market was created by smart, well-educated people -- not your average thugs -- which is one reason why the Russian mob is such a formidable organization.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

There was 5k in cash found on scene so it was not a robbery. If it was a robbery, they would have used guns and been sloppy. You do not show up to 'rob' someone with a knife. They can always have a gun. It was a simple hit. No forced entry. Knew the victims. These guys killed those people at the race, as well as the cop in cold blood. Walked up and shot him. This is a very good find I read about yesterday.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Do you have a link about the money being found there? I looked for all kinds of articles and the cops were all about not saying much. Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After reading the article Dave Chappelle came to mind..

"Just sprinkle some crack on him and let's get out of here"

Edit: It wouldn't let me link directly to the time in the video, it's at 2:05.
edit on 22-4-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't seem to get the page up through the link. Anyone else having a problem pulling up this link or is it just me?

Here's the message I get:

The webpage at www.businessinsider.com... is currently unavailable. It may be overloaded or down for maintenance.

Never mind. Works now, must have been overloaded.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Looks like a 'long game' plan to me. Remove as many connections as you can to the bombers over a period of time and then kill them or go one better and keep one maimed so he can't speak and can be tried.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Note how it says that Brendan Mess was introduced to the gym owner by Tamarlan. In another thread it says that the murdered campus cop and Tamarlan were both members of that same gym. Lots of ties to that gym with these murder victims.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

I tried searching for Boston Chechen/russian Mafia in Boston but all I get are links to the bombing. I do remember watching a show on history channel (take that for what it is) interviewing whitey bulgar's right hand man. In the interview he was adamant that the Boston underground has been overrun with Russian mobsters. The old Irish mob didn't respect or like the Russians super violent M.O.

Here's a link to his amazon wish list

A couple mafia books in there

Link

Thanks for the link. I might have known the Irish would pop up somewhere

Sad thing is, none of them are particularly nice people, (gangsters that is) even more so now with the international aspect. The home grown thugs here are killing all round them, innocents and all, and the home grown paramilitaries regardless of what they say, are all part of the same ethos of drugs and money and general gangsterism and they all help one another, and they are tearing this country apart.
I had a youngster come to me for guitar lessons maybe 15 years back, he was still at school and had no money, but wanted me to teach him some, he had presumed that I would want to be paid and came out right away with a promise to make me a case for my guitar as a school project, so I said okay, (I didn't want payment, and I didn't need a case) but I let him go ahead as he was so keen. Sure enough he spent that term making a hardwood lined case for my Strat and he got lessons. A polite quiet fellow, but about five or six years later he got into drugs himself and ended up a pusher and not long after that he was killed by so-called paramilitaries with multiple gunshots, supposedly a lesson to others what not to do.
Don't believe a word of it, he was on someone else's 'turf' and while he was wrong to be doing what he was doing, there's nothing worse than the false morality espoused by his killers, feck them. There is so much evil here now, and I feel sad for that lad, and there are so many others.
Just to add, I use his case, and when people ask me about it odd looking as it is, I make no secret of where it came from.

edit on 22-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds like a Russian hit, and of course police are going look the other way, only say Russian, because a Mexicans hit squads wouldnt waste the marijauna

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join