It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dangerously high pesticide levels' found in Celestial Seasonings teas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
O.K. I did some more searching and this is even worse than I thought..

read this..

inthesetimes.com...

and this..

www.naturalnews.com...

and this..

ecowatch.com...

This is really bad news...
edit on 20-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally I would like to thank you for finding this and posting it here. My time is limited and this is better information that 99.9% of the threads here. Truly, thanks! I will never drink it again.

You really can't trust any company selling you food any longer. Thanking my stars I am 47 years old and am going to be dead by the time this planet has evicted it's parasitic humans

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Thank you for the kind words..

If I could save us all, I would..

So, I am just helping anyway I can....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

S&F. Thank you for the info.

Im not sure if I use this brand, but I have definitely seen it.

I'm just going to straight organic.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bumping this so that more people will see this..

I think everyone who drinks tea should know about this...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Thanks baddmove - who commissioned this study? (Even independent labs have to please their clients - or they don't get paid/new contracts.)

Thanks, sofi

ed to add - Just licked on your first link at the top of this page. Illuminating.

...the importance of the findings, say experts informed of the test results, is that they show the widespread contamination of our food supply and the environment.

edit on 21/4/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/4/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Good companies gone bad.... like Tom's of Maine, when a good company name gets bought out by a large corporation that USES the respect and reputation of the bought out company then runs it into the ground. Remember Singer? Zenith? Old, good companies bought out and ruined. Especially scary when it comes to our foods.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I have that tea right now in my kitchen, thank you so much for the warning.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You're welcome!

spread the word...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Believing this crap would be a badd move

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
VERY interesting. Just last week I had a cup from my Keurig, it tasted off and strange. I looked at the kcup and smelled the inside, it smelled strange. I thought it was contaminated with something and dumped the rest.
Wow, it looks like it was!! I also felt ill after drinking it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's so weird, I used to have Toms with fluoride free and then went a couple months later and not one on shelf at 3 different super markets had the fluoride free version.
I switched to Jason, which is free of that junk and is made form sea algae.. Pretty nice stuff, or you can find online recipes for homemade toothpaste too which my hippy boyfriend is all over.

as for the article, baddmove, I am so disappointed. Look what I found on their page for the "values"

For more than 40 years, we've made all-natural teas that are good for our people and good for our planet. The philosophy of doing business in ways that are both people-friendly and planet-friendly is known as corporate social responsibility, and it is at the very core of the Celestial Seasonings story. We’ve always made doing business the right way a priority – from our humble beginnings in a Boulder barn to today serving more than 1.6 billion cups of tea per year.

Sickening

Check the report, Jason is a Hain grand (it's the same mop any that makes Clestial Seasonings)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Welll... darn.

I was interested to note that teas approved for import in Europe have stricter standards. I think I'll see what the English are buying and stick to that!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

So, Glaucus, who holds a short position with Hain, funded a very small amount of testing with an independent lab that was done sometime in 2012? I wonder why the FDA hasn't stepped in and/or no other testing was done since then.

Again, not saying it's false, but I do wonder if the report is a bit overblown. It looks to me like they are challenging the "100% natural" statement of the brand, rather than it being unhealthy. The intent of the report seems to be about the valuation of the company. rather than the protection of consumers.

Here's their report...

Glaucus Report

The results are apparently cut and pasted from the lab report and they do not point out which specific test results failed. For that, you'd have to look up each one and cross reference to this site, which would only take a day or two.

All they show you is...

Based on the results of the testing, the concentration of one or more of the compounds targeted for analysis in the sample exceeds the US MRL’s as stated in 40CFR180

Why hide the details?
Why not link the full lab report?

Dump your tea if you want , but that decision is likely based on biased nonsense.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

apologize for the seemingly excessive quote, but

GOOD POINTS THROUGHOUT

IF this 'report/study' is TRULY ACCURATE and their tea is packed with pesticides ...

THEN ....

why aren't we seeing/hearing from/about FDA restrictions, acknowledgements, actions, etc. !?

:shk:

bought and paid for mainstream media-like ... dollar for a holler.

get up on your soapbox now .... w/ that good ole' cuppa celestial seasonings tea.

there's bound to be worse crap in the foodstuffs we eat... even those calimig to be '100% organic' .... lotta good jokes with that stuff. :shk:

typically notably more costly, too - 'magine that!?

:shk:

Zarniwoop.

non-issue seeks tissue @@@@@s required

edit on 4/23/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well you could move to Mars. There's no DDT there. No pesticides. No...

Err, wait, maybe not.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thanks for your input!!

all input is welcome....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Tea, even organic, contains (natural) FLUORIDE, so watch out. If you can put in your tea a drop of diluted borax (removes fluoride), it should be fine. You can easily buy the 20 Mules brand borax off supermarket shelves. Mix one tsp borax to one liter water. Keep in fridge and take only 1-2 tsp per day. You can read a great article by naturopath, Walter Last - just google for the article: W. Last - The Borax Conspiracy. He has been blacklisted by the way as he has openly exposed many of the lies, deceit of the political powers that be.

For more info on tea containing fluoride, check these out:

Source: www.poisonfluoride.com...
Related: www.poisonfluoride.com...

Cheers, Cjuan

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rextiberius

Thanks for the info..

I will look into that..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Aw man, this is sad! My favorite Celestial Seasonings tea is the Cherry Berry one. My friends used to love coming over for tea when I had my own place, and that was one of my favorites to share with them. Added vanilla and cream...and it was heaven.
I'm really bummed out about this.
Pissed, actually.
My best friends and I love our tea. I'll be letting them know about this

edit on 5-5-2013 by Britster1821 because: needed to change to proper pronouns

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Britster1821

Thanks for responding..

Just trying to keep everyone informed..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join