It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable anti terrorist electronics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I feel that it is time that Americans start to protect themselves and i am searching for detection devices. I'm sure that the great minds on ats can help everyone.
www.rangertell.com...
These detectors are capable of detecting bad stuff and can save lives.
www.cellmobilephonejammer.com...
These units can stop all signals and can save lives if used properly.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
One is a metal detector, and the other a GPS jammer.

Metal detector, I'll accept but GPS jammer? Dude, GPS is insanely important. Blocking that HELPS the terrorist.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I feel that it is time that Americans start to protect themselves and i am searching for detection devices. I'm sure that the great minds on ats can help everyone.
www.rangertell.com...

This is what I call a prime example of pseudo-technical hogwash. There are a lot of similar devices, they're all bogus. Clue: they hit two or more buzzwords, this one hits frequencies, Tesla and resonance, and tosses in some phrasing like "People trained in electronics will find our circuitry puzzling", yeah buddy. Anyone who invokes Tesla as the source for their inspiration is likely to be a liar.

It doesn't really stop anything. It does interfere with a cell phone making consistent contact with a tower. But only in a very limited area. They're also quite unlawful. We bought one, took it apart, and did a better job for a hobby project at work. Ours will lock up phones in a larger area and don't have to be tuned to the local phone bands. But they're not for sale. They are a lot of fun.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If a jammer were present and after the first explosion it was turned on then there would have been no second explosion.

That unit is marketed as a metal detector but is capable of detecting anything when it is tuned to different frequencies.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Buy a sniffer dog, or failing that, buy a dog and train it to sniff for explosives. It may also help your elevated sense of paranoia to teach him how to spot a Rooskie, communist or A RED as they are known.

They have been known to hide under your bed at night.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Buy a sniffer dog, or failing that, buy a dog and train it to sniff for explosives.

Your right just one dog at the finish line would have saved lives.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Maybe, end of the day if someone is sufficiently committed enough to carry out an act of violence no matter how repulsive, there is very little anyone can do about it.

All the part of the blame game to think otherwise I suppose.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

If a jammer were present and after the first explosion it was turned on then there would have been no second explosion.

That unit is marketed as a metal detector but is capable of detecting anything when it is tuned to different frequencies.

That only rings true if a cellular phone is used for the detonator. A standard timer or other wireless signal will still accomplish its goal.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This is what I call a prime example of pseudo-technical hogwash. There are a lot of similar devices, they're all bogus. Clue: they hit two or more buzzwords, this one hits frequencies, Tesla and resonance, and tosses in some phrasing like "People trained in electronics will find our circuitry puzzling", yeah buddy. Anyone who invokes Tesla as the source for their inspiration is likely to be a liar.

You should try one before you knock the tech. You know who already uses these devices with success. Criminals. Your gold and such can be targeted from long distances now days. Simply walking down a street you can be identified and marked for mugging from someone in an apartment above the street. These units can even detect gun powder.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No doubt but doing nothing will get us no where.
The point is that the tech is out there and they make them that are capable of blocking any frequencies. This is what the cops already use to aid them in diffusing.
edit on 20-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You should try one before you knock the tech. You know who already uses these devices with success. Criminals. Your gold and such can be targeted from long distances now days. Simply walking down a street you can be identified and marked for mugging from someone in an apartment above the street. These units can even detect gun powder.

No, they don't. They don't detect anything, except that you've got $1,499 you want to toss down a rathole.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
LOL

This actualy kinda reminds me of that crazy UK busnessman who is now getting shafted for selling Titlist golf balls detectors as bomb detectors.

They cost him 14.99 he was selling them for up to 20,000 to governments all over the world lol, guy did it for years, made millions, aaahaha. Mad conman.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about gadgets which could help us to impeach the President and Congress.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I guess you don't think these gold cameras work either.
www.maxfynd.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about gadgets which could help us to impeach the President and Congress.

Well as i stated the police and contractors already have this tech and it's up to everyone to begin to get a grip on the tyranny upon us.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

No its not. Get a life.... or a gun nice BIG one

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I guess you don't think these gold cameras work either.
www.maxfynd.com...

Nope. Looking at the website, about 80% of the things they advertise have that distinct aroma of bovine scat.

eta: And actually, it's the same guy selling both pieces of trash, Vincent Blanes.

etaa: Here is the inside of one of Blanes' super high tech Tesla resonant frequency field energy devices.

You'll often hear this hogwash bullcrap about "everything has a special resonant frequency", which is an old Theosophy trope. It's not true. If you're talking something on the molecular level, then individual molecules DO often have a few "resonant frequencies" that correspond to qm mechanical resonances. In the legitimate world of science, these are in the IR or microwave region, and are how you do microwave spectroscopy. If you're talking elements, then you can see element-specific electron transition energies that we call an "emission spectrum", often visible light. That's if they're in a glowing gaseous form, otherwise, if they're in an inert gaseous form you can see dark lines there. But it's tough to detect deeply buried gold that way.

Macro scale objects really DON'T have "special resonant frequencies", there isn't a special frequency for Coke bottles from the '60s, at least not in the EM spectrum.

You hear this "frequency" dreck on old, bad scifi movies - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea used it often - and it's just bullcrap. However, it sounds sciency and people recall having heard it from other inaccurate sources, so it has a ring of legitimacy. This guy is taking advantage of it. He sold YOU on it. There is no "gunpowder" frequency, for example.

And as I head off for bed, here is a dandy collection of various teardowns, tests and analyses of similar "long range detectors". Enjoy!

edit on 20-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

www.rangertell.com...

Yep if a Cyberman or a muslamic robot attacks your freedoms you can detect him early on and stop him from phoning his mates!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As someone who has been designing remote sensing instrumentation across a spectrum of industries for decades I need to look no further than the product image to know instantly that the detector device is a complete scam and like most, a cheaply constructed one at best. Knobs with no labeling, a $0.30 fm radio antenna that will break in the field in hours, The cheapest display that Internet browsing can buy, an unlikely control layout, etc, etc.

A first big clue is that they are unwilling or unable to explain the technical premise of it's operation or it's specifications.

What really surprises me is that someone who has the electronics knowledge to interface a 16x2 alpha/numeric serial display couldn't come up with more believable advertising lingo than "Tesla", and "miles away".

The best pitch is "Details coming soon!" yet the price is known well enough.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
-Carl Sagan

OP, your counter example of the gold detecting cameras falls into a completely different context. They are based on vetted scientific principles that are used in a vast plethora of applications. They use spectral analysis, a valid technique to help locate potential gold deposits based on the color of plant leaves that have absorbed a larger than usual volume of gold from the ground as they grow. There is nothing magic about it. It is an extremely limited technique but it has been used for many years with satellite imaging to help locate prospecting areas of interest.

edit on 20-4-2013 by dainoyfb because: I cleaned up a sentence.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

So do you have any suggestions in detection equipment that does not involve spiritual power or dowsing that is obtainable?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join