It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Okay, this I think then.

It's not to know these things about oneself then, but to be them. Do you understand?

I have read in the bible that we must think in a dualistic way.
At least, I thought I did, I tried to search for it again a while ago and coudn't find it anymore.

Nice talking to you guys, friends.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

edit on 21-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I can see that yes.. Do you want to be the past, keeping the dualism and self identification, or be today, in the true essence of it minus any identification?

To me, it removes the past, the filter from my eyes and shows me the truth of what is before me as there is no preconceived ideas or bias to skew the facts. Of course, there are other aspects of this such as the lack of self identity.

It is like having two thought processes at once, what I see and what I think about it, as opposed to what I had in the past which was only what I thought. Once I became aware of those thoughts, where they came from and how they came to be, my ego died.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I can interpretate your posts very well, they are clear to me.

nothing else I want add right now really.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in real iife.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I agree, it certainly would be nice to meet you

Thank you dearly for the conversation, for sharing and for having an open mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

You, what I think of now, is that there are others, who I went along with in life, in this case one of my brothers, maybe all, but especially on...

heh, now I wanted to share something but I had a complete shift of awareness typing it. Some things I struggled with all of my life became very clear, just a minute ago, in fact.

a

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There were things within me that wanted to prevent others from being free.

I think the root of the problem was a trauma. Traumas can make people lose the right sense of reality I think.

It must have been peoples attention given to me that raised my awareness.

You're doing great being an aussie girl..

edit on 21-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Awareness is now and it is fresh and untainted.
It is like the clear blue sky - clouds appear with little stories inside then - the sky sees them and is not ever touched by the cloud - the cloud passes.
You are the sky.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Tss

I don't want to mean bad things with that last reply.

I just wanted to thank you for your attention. I meant, you are very good in being an aussie girl.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

to observe, not to become subjective. Yet to know because of observation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I know you didn't mean anything bad by it and I am very glad to see your awareness, thank you for the compliment as well.

The moment I became self aware I kind of owned every bit of my life. Thinking back I understand it now. As the saying goes, "Once bitten, twice shy", that is the ego.

The Buddhists say, "Life is suffering", but in that, they mean that to live, the human condition, is to desire, which is to lack something, which is to be suffering. To be completely aware of ones' self, you do not feel such things unless you so wish to. If someone were to anger you, the thought is right there in front of you and a simple wish for it to be gone, makes it so.

I could never close my eyes again.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

to observe, not to become subjective. Yet to know because of observation.

The sky contains all there is and you are the 'aware space' that contains all there is.
The 'aware space' can never go away - the space is peaceful and still.
The clouds (of little stories/memories/projections) appear in the space that you are - but never move what you are.
All movement is seen by the stillness.
The clouds move but the sky remain still.
You are the sky.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That kind of brought me down,...in a good way I guess'

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Oh, yes, so the sky is already aware a cloud will be formed!! It knows on beforehand whatever will arise within it!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm really feeling good right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The days after becoming self aware, I was a mess, I did not know what to think and the ego did fight back.. reading online documents, experiences of other's helped me understand.

I suggest a look at the following links, I know your mind is probably reeling right now and everything may seem completely new and different.. but it calms

There is a little dogma in many of the ego death related sites, however it is easy enough to read between the lines.

So you've experienced ego death, what now?
What is self realisation?
The Buddhist's take on Nirvana

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Oh, yes, so the sky is already aware a cloud will be formed!! It knows on beforehand whatever will arise within it!

The sky has no idea of time - it only knows now. The cloud is what is carrying the little story of later. The sky sees the cloud with it's story that appears.
The sky has no concern what is in the cloud. The sky is not ever concerned.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Angle

Ego is a natural component of the human condition. Without ego, we do not exist as individuals. And considering our reality is characterized by individuality, I fail to see why we should lose our ego. Tame it, perhaps. Lose it? Hell no.

Ego is not a natural component of the human condition. Babies do not have it. It is a learned mechanism based on language. We can survive perfectly well without ego and it is good sometimes to turn it off...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are not alive because you have ego. We would be alive without it. Have you tried killing your internal dialogue and turning the ego off.. You can still kiss, hold hands smoke cigarettes and problem solve..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join