It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

The best reaction is not necessarily the most well thought out reaction. In dire times, it is usually the first response, or the gut feeling that is the best reaction - a reaction brought to you by high emotions.

I tend to regard the "gut feeling" as intuition or instinct, and not as an emotional response. Intuition is actually heightned in a state of mental clarity.

"Free willer" was meant to articulate "beings with choice." Those with choice have emotions that regulate/control their choices.

It is hardly "free" will when it is regulated or controlled by emotions. Being controlled by emotions implies being enslaved by them.

Emotions are a powerful ally of the ego, so it stands to reason that the ego baulks at the thought of someone attempting to rise above their emotions.

I used to believe that I wasn't really living if I wasn't experiencing some intense emotions, they were what made me feel alive and vital. Now my perception is almost at the other end of the scale. Whenever I find myself consumed by emotion, it seems that my life-force is drained somewhat and the inner light is dimmed. The ego-self has regained ground at the cost of inner peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What you're saying looks like a corrupted version of The Great Commandment.

How did you learn of the "unity" and "true self" concepts?

If all is one, and one made alter-egos, wouldn't recognizing "true self" be counter-productive to the alter-egos?

Aren't your concepts self-defeating?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Do not see (with your pyshical eyes) and you will see (with your inner) or see with your inner and your physical eyes will only be a guide to take you to places. There's no other reason for physical eyes.

Experience the inner world and the outer world will not have influence on you. In the material everything just keep you from being in that place. Your body is made out of dust, but since is has the breath of life it is not equal to the world. Your body is created in the image of God. Not of the world you see.

Let all your actions be because of the inner experience, don't let your body drag itself to gold because it is so shiney. Do not be deceived.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

The disguise of the lie is beautifull. A beautifull snake can be poisonous.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Everything that exists, does so with a degree of order. That is to say, nothing exists without control.

Control is not bad. Disorder is annihilation.

Enslavement is overly controlling.

Ego is not overly controlling.

edit on 4/25/2013 by Bleeeeep because: wrong word

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by mysticnoon

Ego is not overly controlling.

edit on 4/25/2013 by Bleeeeep because: wrong word

If you mean that as a claim, it is incorrect. The more control it has the more it succeeded in its purpose. Ego wants to overcontrol, and to let the victim have no awareness of the influence at all.

That way the overcontrol is subtle. Ego is subtle in all its ways, it does not want its influences to be recognised. So it can do whatever it wants, you see. Step by step it takes control over a person without the person noticing. Although there is a sense in a person that there is something wrong, a subtle feeling, the gut feeling.

Thank you all for participation in this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You're still thinking of ego as something apart from self.

Think:
mind + ego = self
the thoughts that self produces = psyche

I think you should think of the brain as a chemical factory that uses mind to produce emotions for the ego. Without the brain, you might experience different levels of reality and emotions, but you still experience, as that is the purpose of mind and ego (self).

Here's how to crush the bs you're thinking: Buddhist belief that ego creates desires, and so they try to weaken the ego, but even the most "enlightened" Buddhist desires to be enlightened, one with all, etc, etc. Their ego just desires unusual things (clarity of mind), they are not dulling/weakening the ego - they're just dulling normal emotions and calling it "enlightenment". It's complete and utter nonsense.

And sorry if that offends anyone but I see.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Ego is that what makes you feel worthy when you do harm to people, so that you don't need to bother, or recognise what you do. Ego promotes ignorance about ones actions. Ego takes the place of awareness. Never call ego awareness.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

That's egotism you're describing: enacting thoughts or actions deemed as being "bad" because they're thought of as being harmfully selfish.

You're putting all "bad" desires into the ego category and putting all "good" desires into the mind category, but in truth, all desires are neither good nor bad, unless the creator deems them to be so.

And further, that's not what ego is. You're lost.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I will be good to people. Time after time.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join