It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes CISPA while nation is distracted by Boston Bombings... 4th Amendment dead??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Once again, leave it to our fearless leaders to stand fast and keep working while the nation's attention is concentrated on something other than them. Thanks to our wonderfully corporate funded MSM, the House was able to pass the very controversial cyber-privacy bill, CISPA, right under our noses. H.R. 624 allows technology and telecom companies to legally hand overvast amounts of user-data to government agencies, amd even parties that do not have adequate security clearance.

CISPA will allow private sector firms to search personal and sensitive user data of ordinary U.S. residents to identify "threat information," which can then be shared with other opt-in firms and the U.S. government — without the need for a court-ordered warrant.

This means a company like Facebook, Twitter, Google, or any other technology or telecoms company, including your cell service provider, would be legally able to hand over vast amounts of data to the U.S. government and its law enforcement — for whatever purpose it deems necessary — and face no legal reprisals.

And despite numerous amendments and changes, there are no requirements that personal data, such as health records or banking information, should be anonymized before sharing it with the government.

Source

We have not only seen a successful lockdown of a population in the aftermath of the Boston Bombings, we are also witnessing the government's steadfast push towards attaining "Total Information Awareness", at all costs!! Soon, nothing of our private selves will be ours. Something has to be done; the speed at which we are transforming into that long-ago forseen police state is quickening exponentially, it seems.

CISPA F.A.Q
edit on 20-4-2013 by apokalupsis33vital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Its not completely passed yet, I forget but it has to go through something else first. It won't pass completely.

Honestly though, they were already stealing information from sites such as facebook, that is why I deleted my facebook in the first place. This bill just makes it legal for them to do. I'm not worried, I never keep any personal data on the web.
edit on 4/20/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Its not completely passed yet, I forget but it has to go through something else first. It won't pass completely.

Honestly though, they were already stealing information from sites such as facebook, that is why I deleted my facebook in the first place. This bill just makes it legal for them to do. I'm not worried, I never keep any personal data on the web.
edit on 4/20/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it was shot down a year ago, but has now passed the house on it's way to the senate. I don't keep anything on any of those sites either, however this includes companies like at&t, verizon, etc; which have been doing the same for years also, i.e. NSA out in California.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Get blocking software and bam you beat CISPA

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-4-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-4-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join