It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon's Apollo: Howard Hughes and the Apollo Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You might be on to something, although I dont know about the whole Apollo Hoax. Nixon and Hughes had it all.

What this article points out for the first time is that Adelson’s Sands Corporation is the same company that billionaire Howard Hughes once used to funnel his “contributions” to Richard Nixon in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Howard Hughes originally bought the Sands with the help of Mafia don Johnny Rosselli, whom long-secret Watergate files released only this year show was central to the Watergate scandal that ended Nixon’s presidency (as documented in Waldron’s recent book, Watergate: The Hidden History).

Romney, Richard Nixon and Las Vegas Cash: A Hidden History Repeats Itself

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This is a fascinating thread, OP.

Threads with this type of original thinking and effort into sourcing are such a huge part of what I love about ATS.

S&F for you!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think we went to the moon but I also think Stanley Kubrick was hired to make both still and video pictures of the landings, takeoffs and all that hopping around the moon surface stuff just in case... just in case something went terribly wrong and the 'named' astronauts were killed or marooned. There's also plenty of evidence that we were 'met' by something/someone on the moon that warned us off; let's face it, the next step would have been moon bases and mining investments and that never happened.

If you're not old enough to have seen the LIFE magazine photos of the moon landings back in the day, it would be worth looking them up. They were astonishingly clear and detailed, just jaw dropping. I thought at the time they were just too good to have been taken under those circumstances by people in bulky suits without the ability to focus or even aim accurately; in fact every single one of them looked like a professional photographer had taken hours setting up the shot. No evidence ever of radiation, heat or cold damage to the film, either. They were just too good... someone once figured out how many photographs were taken during how many hours of EVAs and it was determined that one picture was being taken every 30 seconds or so, which makes you wonder how they got any rock collecting, instrument setups, or golfing done...

Especially look at the demarcation there is in every picture between the lunar surface and the backdrops...err mountains in the background. It just doesn't look real somehow. And of course there's the allegation that the same 'mountains' showed up in several different expeditions.

Ooh, lookie here: life.time.com...

I LOVE the internet!
edit on 18-5-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Watergate: 'Aviator' Connection?

When I put Hughes & Nixon together there were so many angles, so many connections to be found. And there is one angle in particular that I will focus on next:

When Richard Nixon was in office he watched 500+ movies at various locations, the White House, Camp David, Key Biscayne, San Clemente, some rich dudes house in the Bahamas, or, as in another rare location such as Minot Island, Maine, which is in fact the same location that Richard Nixon screened the Conqueror.

On August 7th, 1971, Richard Nixon screened a Howard Hughes film starring American film superstar John Wayne.
The Conqueror.

press.uchicago.edu...

August 7th is, coincidentally, the same day that the Apollo 15 command module landed in the North Pacific Ocean.

In the making of the film The Conqueror

The exterior scenes were shot on location near St. George, Utah, 137 miles (220 km) downwind of the United States government's Nevada National Security Site. In 1953, extensive above-ground nuclear weapons testing occurred at the test site, as part of Operation Upshot-Knothole. The cast and crew spent many difficult weeks on location, and in addition Hughes later shipped 60 tons of dirt back to Hollywood in order to match the Utah terrain and lend verisimilitude to studio re-shoots.[4] The filmmakers knew about the nuclear tests[4] but the federal government reassured residents that the tests caused no hazard to public health.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Nixon's Apollo.

Imagine that today NASA Administrator Charles Bolden , went on TV to announce:

"Ladies & Gentlemen of the World, President Obama has directed NASA and the Department of Defense to cooperate in the Defense of Apollo Heritage Sites. We have through diligent consultation with the heads of various federal agencies enacted and imposed a 50 mile Keep Out Zone around all NASA objects that are catalogued, or not catalogued, on the lunar surface and a 50km lunar space No Fly Zone around those sites as well. We have placed a defensive lazer weapon system in orbit around the moon called the Lunar Reconnaissance Observatory to enforce this mandate which becomes effective immediately. Thank you very much. And God Bless America. We will not be taking questions."

That's the hard option. It would create quite a firestorm of controversy.

What Bolden did do in reality is he chose the safer, "softer" option by introducing the new, technically dubious concept of "Apollo Heritage Sites" on the lunar surface. The people running this program today are really doing an admirable and honorable job of it. They are the ones who have kept Nixon's Apollo alive into the 21st century.

Look! It's abandoned hardware ready for salvage! Some other space fairing nations might try to get up close but the LRO is still a lazer weapon. NASA will simply utilize the weapon to disable any space craft that could possibly endanger the truth about the "Heritage Sites" which might even result in a premature and fatal disclosure of the truth;

Foreign spacecraft found getting too close to the "Apollo Heritage Sites" may be considered a threat to the national security on the basis that the revelations of such a truth would represent a grave danger to the republic, therefore, any curious lunar space craft are automatically considered to be classified as threats to the security of the United States or it's territories, including the extra-terrestrial heritage sites, thus requiring them to quasi-legally provide for a reasonable method of self defense to be set in order to protect those sites, which is what the LRO lazer weapon is already there for.

What started out for Howard Hughes and Richard Nixon in 1957(?) as a movie production of the most epic proportions must have a the most spectacular and glorious ending. What about a nuclear bomb? Or Armageddon?

What if the stakes were really high? Nixon is a gambler and Hughes owns Las Vegas! Thinking big is how power justifies itself. And Mr. Big (Howard Hughes) has obviously had a great influence on the political career of Richard M. Nixon. I think I can see a detect some of Howard Hughes in Nixon's chat with Kissinger, 1972:

Nixon: See, the attack in the North that we have in mind… power plants, whatever’s left—POL (petroleum), the docks…. And I still think we ought to take the dikes out now. Will that drown people?

Kissinger: About two hundred thousand people.

Nixon: No, no, no… I’d rather use the nuclear bomb. Have you got that, Henry?

Kissinger: That, I think, would just be too much.

Nixon: The nuclear bomb, does that bother you? I just want you to think big, Henry, for chrissakes. The only place where you and I disagree is with regard to the bombing. You’re so goddamned concerned about civilians, and I don’t give a damn. I don’t care.

Kissinger: I’m concerned about the civilians because I don’t want the world to be mobilized against you as a butcher. Source en.wikipedia.org...'s_dikes

This best scenario is the soft option... but always thinking big, a Big Hollywood ending to an inglorious hoax perpetrated by fervent and rabid anti-Communists during a time when power was vested in two of the most gifted movie producers to ever come out of Southern California and it marks the probable evolution to the hypothetical conclusion of my theory.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

Are you serious??? Didnt have the technology to fake the moon landing but had it to land on the moon which is aprox 240 thousand miles away??? no man thus far has traveled that distance in space.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
I think we went to the moon but I also think Stanley Kubrick was hired to make both still and video pictures of the landings, takeoffs and all that hopping around the moon surface stuff just in case... just in case something went terribly wrong and the 'named' astronauts were killed or [color=Magenta] marooned. There's also plenty of evidence that we were 'met' by something/someone on the moon that warned us off; let's face it, the next step would have been moon bases and mining investments and that never happened.

It's funny that you would use the word marooned.

Richard Nixon screened that movie on December 20th, 1969 at the White House.
en.wikipedia.org...(film)
press.uchicago.edu...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
When Apollo 13 became almost marooned in space one wonders if not Richard Nixon and Howard Hughes wrote that script? Did they also write the happy ending for Apollo 13 in Hawaii? What could be going through Richard Nixon's mind when he screened Marooned (1969) ??en.wikipedia.org...(film).

And maybe we will never know what was really going on in Nixon's mind when he screened Patton (1970) three times in April/June 1970. Was the Cambodian invasion really necessary? Didn't Richard Nixon kill 20,000 Americans by extended the war against Communism in South East Asia? Would you underestimate Richard Nixon now?

edit on 5/25/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: clarify

edit on 5/25/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fact correction

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Awesome post, never looked into this angle before so it was a very interesting read. Why is this in the skunk works? This all sounds legitimate.

JFK warned us of these mobsters, but nobody listened, people before him warned us also, but again nobody listened.

It's interesting that you point out that Kennedy wanted a joint space program with the Russians, among other things such as disbanding the military industrial complex, disarming all nuclear warheads and the programs, and his strength to stand up to Mobsters such as Hughes and Nixon. They had more then one reason to get rid of Kennedy, and other's also.

Most people that believe in the footage they saw don't realize what you have put forth here, there were a lot of profits to be made, and a spy satellite program that had to be successful, but back in those days a lot of people wouldn't stand for that kind of activity, so a manned moon mission is the perfect disguise. (not JFK's plan of course). Plus, anyone that questioned NASA, such as Virgil "Gus" Grissom were killed (murdered) by *cough* accidents. Virgil had many complaints on the mission, and was the first one to say they have no way of reaching the moon, but i guess the Hollywood movie is more attractive then the truth.

edit on 25-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Excellent thread OP!

Good job investigating all that detailed information.

Still, I think the US got to the moon but the real landing wasn´t shown. Mankind was presented on TV with a propaganda "clean & safe" and perfectely neutral landing!

Why those tapes (and they not portrait the real landing) were found on a abandoned burger house decades later?

I´m with you on the claim that of those two men, Hughes was clearly one brain behind Nixon´s political power and influence over the US and on the World. The other was Kissinger. Nevertheless they (Hughes and Nixon) are just two high-grade members of a world conspiracy plotted by the Military-Industrial Complex (MIC). These are the fellows that run the entire show and they started it long before 1969. Just remember Eisenhower´s speech when he leaves the White House.

Keep posting! And the good work!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fixed the Apollo 12 in the graphic to show Apollo 13.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

On August 13, they rode in parades in their honor in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. On the same evening in Los Angeles there was an official State Dinner to celebrate the flight, attended by members of Congress, 44 governors, the Chief Justice of the United States, and ambassadors from 83 nations at the Century Plaza Hotel. President Richard Nixon and Vice President Spiro T. Agnew honored each astronaut with a presentation of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. [64]

That's the same day Richard Nixon screened the Dirty Dozen. at Camp David.

On September 16, 1969, the three astronauts spoke before a joint session of Congress on Capitol Hill. They presented two U.S. flags, one to the House of Representatives and the other to the Senate, that had been carried to the surface of the Moon with them.

3 days later Nixon screened Born Free at Camp David.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Background

The Presidential Daily Diary is the official record of President Nixon’s meetings and telephone calls. Documents in this digital copy of the PDD include daily appointments calendars, lists of attendees at official functions, and passenger manifests for presidential transport.

This digital collection is currently down for re-review and will be back online as soon as possible. Contact us if you need specific information from the Diary.

www.nixonlibrary.gov...

I was hoping to go over the Nixon daily diary which I have done a hundred times. But today I find that it's locked down.
edit on 6/6/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: Nixon Daily Diary on Lock Down

Luckily I have this small piece of it saved from a previous investigation.

edit on 6/6/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add pic

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

But the president had not forgotten about Hughes. He had asked somebody to read the ABM memo - Henry Kissinger. On July 16, 1969, the same day that Apollo 11 astronauts blasted off for man's first walk on the moon, Nixon huddled with his national security adviser. That morning in the Oval Office, just before they shared the historic moment watching the launch together on television, the president told Kissinger to go see Hughes. Source Citizen Hughes pp 312-313

Hughes had written a multi page, unsolicited, commentary to the president extolling his thoughts on the ABM negotions. It was one of Nixon's big "wins" during his presidency. en.wikipedia.org...

Hughes sent the memo via Hughes man Richard Danner, who delivered the memo to BeBe Rebozo, a Nixon man.
The memo contained Hughes thoughts, plans and desires with regard to Nixon's upcoming ABM decisions. Hughes was running several games on Nixon at this point and final motives remain unclear : moving large sums of money from Hughes to Nixon via intermediaries; Testing Nixon's loyalties by pushing hard on CAB approval of the Air West buy-out that was fraudulent from the get go and tormenting the administration with regard to nuclear testing in Nevada. Hughes got these things. Nixon got money and power from Hughes, international prestige from Apollo, thanks to the Hughes built Surveyors and a secret back channel deal with the Russians, through Frank Borman.

Kissinger returned to his White House basement office angry and incredulous. He told his deputy, Alexander Haig, that Nixon had just ordered him to give the billionaire a private top-secret briefing, not only on the ABM but also on the general strategic threat, on the balance of nuclear power -- and, as a final outrage, to solicit Hughes's own views on defense policy.

Placing this in context of what happened during this week:

July 15, 1969: Civil Aeronautics Board approved Hughes's takeover of Air West airlines. Sources indicate how the Hughes buyout of Air West was done by stock manipulation to drive down the stock of Air West;
July 16, 1969: Nixon ordered Kissinger to go and brief Hughes in Las Vegas.
July 16. 1969: Apollo 11 launched.
July 16, 1969: Robert Maheu, former FBI and CIA, Hughes #1 man, flashes a message to the penthouse,

But now, on July 16, the commander in chief sent advance word to his hidden benefactor.

"Howard," Maheu flashed to Hughes, "we are reliably informed that the AEC has finally given up the battle and will have all tests of megaton or more held in Alaska. We are also informed that, for security reasons, they cannot, at this time, make any public announcement confirming their capitulation." Source Citizen Hughes pp 314

July 17, 1969: Nixon screens My Little Chickadee (1940), starring Mae West and W.C. Fields. At Camp David.

Plot Synopsis : Rightly suspected of illicit relations with the Masked Bandit, Flower Belle Lee is run out of Little Bend. On the train she meets con man Cuthbert J. Twillie and pretends to marry him for "respectability." Arrived in Greasewood City with his unkissed bride, Twillie is named sheriff by town boss Jeff Badger...with an ulterior motive. Meanwhile, both stars inimitably display their specialties, as Twillie tends bar and plays cards, and Flower Belle tames the town's rowdy schoolboys... Written by R. Crawford, published on imdb Source www.imdb.com...

July 18, 1969: Nixon screens West Side Story (1961) at Camp David.

Plot Summary : West Side Story is the award-winning adaptation of the classic romantic tragedy, "Romeo and Juliet". The feuding families become two warring New York City gangs- the white Jets led by Riff and the Puerto Rican Sharks, led by Bernardo. courtesy Anon at imdb www.imdb.com...

July 18, 1969: Mary Jo Kopechne is murdered at Chappaquiddick, smothering any lingering hope for a Ted Kennedy presidential run against Nixon in 1972.

July 20, 1969: Nixon phones the moon from the "small office" the event which is filmed by Frank Borman's TV crew. He was NASA's troubleshooter after the Apollo 1 fire and also served as Nixon's man in Russia in June of 1969.
www.nixonlibrary.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
lol. First time I ever ran out of characters in a post! Continued

Some interesting things I was thinking with regard to my previous post about the week of Apollo 11. This is pure Skunk Works speculation, so please keep that in mind. Although I Post a lot of sources some of my conclusions are admittedly - o u t t h e r e

Frank Borman later was installed as a CEO of Eastern Airlines having really no airline experience, other than being a fighter pilot. Was this a pay off for a job well done?
The Nixon order to Kissinger to go see Hughes in Las Vegas was clearly in response to the Hughes memo.
Apollo 11 could be used as a news cover for several Nixon/Hughes dirty deeds : Air West, AEC, and Chappaquiddick.
In My Little Chickadee the plot thickens around a marriage of convenience. Hughes was married twice and produced no children. Hughes painfully ignored both of his wives, Ella Rice and Jean Peters.
In West Side Story one of the gangs is named "The Jets". Howard Hughes of course loved jet airplanes

The other gang in West Side Story were called the "Sharks". I would speculate that the Puerto Rican gang could be a substitute for pro-Cuba gangsters who would like to have control of the mob and operate from Havana. Deprived of a "home turf" by Castro's revolucion, the pro-Cuba gangsters wandered into "Jet" territory, Miami and Las Vegas, New Orleans.

edit on 6/8/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: little edit

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dateline Miami: April 17th, 1970

Apollo 13 has safely splashed down in the Pacific Ocean after 6 days of worldwide Tv drama. Nixon is flying to Honolulu to present the 3 astronauts with medals of bravery. On worldwide Tv, of course.

At the same time, you could visit a movie theater in downtown Miami and see a movie that Richard Nixon had already screened back on December 20th, 1969. That movie was Marooned (1969). It was in it's second week run at Wometco theater in Miami. It won the Academy Award for special effects.

edit on 6/17/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: thumbs instead of large pics

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well "Diamonds are Forever" was about recluse Millionaire Willard White, living his life at the penthouse of the "White House" (note...Sir Willard White was a Real Afro-Jamaican!!! opera singer).
So what did Cubby Broccoli know then?
I can understand Nixon's interest in the Movie. BTW, HH looks nothing like Leonardo!!!!

What I Really want to know, is the story told about Jackie Gleeson and Nixon, who supposedly, took his TV/movie Star best friend to a secret USAF Warehouse and showed him 4 Alien bodies.........Jackie Gleeson was apparently somewhat of an amateur UFOlogist.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Observations:
I see Nixon as the puppet an Hughes as the man or one of the men pulling the strings.
Did Nixon have any real power on his own, was he just easily influenced by the likes of someone like Hughes?

It seem like these movies were ways to influence Nixon either by the subtle power of suggestion, or perhapse by a more hands on MKUltra type influence. Do you think there were any more hands on mind control going on. Maybe Nixon was just that easy to control through simple persuasion of his big ego.
Forgive me if I'm just restating the obvious here.

Personal note:
My introduction to conspiracy world was through researching moon landing hoax that lead to freemason which lead to mind control and Disney. So I appreciate the work you have done here. Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Well "Diamonds are Forever" was about recluse Millionaire Willard White, living his life at the penthouse of the "White House" (note...Sir Willard White was a Real Afro-Jamaican!!! opera singer).
So what did Cubby Broccoli know then?
I can understand Nixon's interest in the Movie. BTW, HH looks nothing like Leonardo!!!!

That's pure genius Mate! I love you for that

Nixon and Bebe Rebozo watched Diamonds Are Forever on 27 April 1972 at Key Biscayne, Florida. That's the same day Apollo 16 splashed down in the Pacific Ocean. And the main character of Diamonds -as you pointed out - was the reclusive millionaire who lived in a penthouse, the Howard Hughes character.

What I Really want to know, And the question comes to my mind is... what were Nixon and Rebozo saying to each other when they watched the famous "007 moon landing hoax movie set" scene during Diamonds Are Forever ?

I can only image two reactions from Nixon and Rebozo:
The first reaction would have them laughing hard until they were both blue in the face.
The second reaction would have been something like "Uh, oh. We are in deep doo-doo".

And what happened next was in the following sequence:
J. Edgar Hoover died on 2 May 1972.

The shooting of George Wallace on 15 May 1972. Wallace was running for president (against Nixon) in 1968 as a 3rd party spoiler and again in 1972 as a Democrat (against Nixon).

The 2nd Watergate break in, on 17 June 1972, when Nixon's Plumbers were caught breaking into Democratic offices of party leader Larry O'brien, who had also previously held high paying consulting jobs in the Howard Hughes organization.

According the sources Howard Hughes screened Diamonds Are Forever on 2 July 1972.

Howard Hughes screens Shanghai Express many times in 1972, but first documented was on 18 June 1972.

According to sources Richard Nixon screened Shanghai Express a 10 months earlier, on 29 August 1971.
edit on 6/18/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: with 20/20 vision focussed on a date in time we can find out all these connections

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Observations:
I see Nixon as the puppet an Hughes as the man or one of the men pulling the strings.
Did Nixon have any real power on his own, was he just easily influenced by the likes of someone like Hughes?

Extremely good observations / questions. Nixon is surely a puppet of Hughes and to prove that we would need to take a look at Richard Nixon's rise to power and Howard Hughes nearly simultaneous retreat into the shadows. Conspiracy researcher Mae Brussell has documented Richard Nixon's rise to power in her radio shows from 1971-1988. Full Audio Programs are available at www.worldwatchers.info...

Hughes viewed politicians as pawns in his chess games. Howard Hughes attitude was to throw money at candidates of both sides in an election and whomever was the winner would still owe him favors. That's how Las Vegas works. The House always wins.

Nixon was coming up in power from the time he entered the Navy and his various duties in the Navy during WWII which earned him promotions at a faster rate than JFK and George HW Bush!! Nixon's involvement with Operation Paperclip is key to the understanding of Nixon's rise to power.

When WWII was over Nixon was recruited by wealthy industrialist interests from southern California to run for US Congress in 1946. Nixon won a storied election for US Congress in 1946.

Nixon was on the fast track to success, promoted by Howard Hughes. US Senator by 1950.

And Nixon was US Vice President by 1952. Just look at those rosy cheeks!

Howard Hughes is doing 3 things in the early 1950's.
1. He is making massive amounts of cash flow from the Korean War Pentagon contracts.
2. He is making John Wayne look like a schmuck in The Conqueror and Jet Pilot
3. He is promoting Richard Nixon up the ranks of the Military Industrial Complex, of which, Howard Hughes is the Chairman of the Board.

In 1960, Richard Nixon was supposed to be elected president of the United States. He had been groomed and selected by Hughes. We all know that the 1960 election was close. And it was THE cause of major retaliation from Hughes and Nixon in the following years.

edit on 6/18/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add rosy cheeks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join