It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston points of interest that run deeper than the bombing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Greetings,

First and most importantly I want to say that this thread has nothing at all to do with the bombing in question. Please stay on topic and realize that this thread is meant to bring to light circumstances that this tragedy has brought to light that may have been missed in the chaos. It is a thread about implications, about subtle changes to society and what that means for us as a nation moving forward.

Lets take a quick look at some of the things that may have been analyzed but overlooked in general as it pertains to the implications shall we?

HI REZ DETAILED PHOTOS

Never before do I recall such hi rez photos of basically every square inch of such a large area. Boston as it would seem has the entire downtown area on video, cameras in place and surveillance set up so as to be able to theoretically evaluate every citizen that walks down the street and submit their image to face scanning recognition to check for warrants, previous criminal background or to check on a higher level their assessment of "risk" as determined by clandestine agencies such as the DHS, CIA, FBI and others.

You can not deny that the photo and video evidence and presentation from Boston is mind blowing, it illustrates perfectly the proliferation and implementation of "big brother" in todays America. For better or worse, I do not know, I will let you decide for yourselves. The fact is though, this event has illustrated quite clearly that public anonymity is a thing of the distant past. If your on public streets in a major city, your are not only being recorded in hi def but mostly likely either now or in the near future will be subject to warrantless "stop and frisk" in the way of face recognition software. Something to think about.

MARTIAL LAW

Much like the situation with Christopher Dorner in LA, where the entire city was locked down and in a state of panic and terror, mind you.... Not from the suspect but by armed bands of police, swat teams and drone presence where you had innocent people being shot up just driving down the road, here in Boston you have door to door searches, check points and a total aspect of military style control that it can not be described by any other term than Marshal Law.

This state of affairs anytime there is a problem is not consistent with our traditional values and it would seem that it is something that is happening more often and with less resistance and oversight. It is almost becoming normal for authorities to declare a crisis and violate fundamental rights in the name of public service while exercising authoritarian values and practices.

Reuters, AP and multiple other sources noted openly that Black Hawk helicopters were patrolling Boston skies. Please refresh my memory as to when it became ok for domestic American skies to be patrolled and policed by military assault helicopters. (Or drones for that matter)

Marshal law is no longer some long running conspiracy that is rumored to possibly happen sometime in the future. Marshal law is something that in point of fact has happened in two major US cities in the last 6 months. This is not a theory, it is proven fact. That needs to be understood and digested as to what it really means for the future and our fundamental stability as a nation and our relationship between citizen and government.

MEDIA FLASEHOODS

As we have witnessed with Sandy Hook, the Dorner case and now with Boston, the media appears to have lost all consideration for credibility, journalistic integrity and public responsibility. They are not held to any standard and suffer no consequences for what should amount to crimes against humanity for reporting completely false events, aspects and details of events and in some cases just plain making things up to grab ratings and create a buzz and then later hiding behind anonymous sources and claims of "fog of war".

I bring this up because we have no expectation of truth or integrity when it comes to any main stream media in this country. Does anyone else find that incredibly disturbing? When a nation such as America has a national media so backwards, so funded, owned and back by political forces how can we as a people believe what we are told by the people we should be able to trust above and beyond our government?

The media should be the ones protecting us from wrong doing, from unconstitutional actions, laws and behavior but instead we find an institution of media that is complicit in encouraging all of the above and telling us it is not only normal but any dissent on the contrary is un American. Boston is only the latest example of how they can get it so wrong and get away with it by retracting, lying and distorting the facts.

HOW TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN

Please humor me and let me explain it to you briefly and very simply.

When I fight with my wife because she went to the bar with her friend instead of coming home when I wanted her too I can approach it two ways.

A) I can say, part of the acceptable risk of being married and having a healthy marriage is to understand that sometimes my wife will want to go out. Although, there is the risk however small that she could drink too much, make a bad decision, cheat on me or do something else that could hurt our relationship, I trust her and by loving her and respecting our union, I accept the risk to ensure we have a strong, healthy relationship that is fueled and founded on trust and mutual respect.

B) I can wait until she does the smallest thing wrong, no matter how insignificant and then I can frame it in a way that benefits my position subtly to her friends, family to sensationalize the issue and make it seem that there is much higher risk of something greater happening than there really is. I could then further demoralize her through manipulation to feel she did something wrong and in the long run make her feel so guilty about something trivial that she doesn't even want to go out anymore because of how she thinks it makes me feel when in reality I'm just being a selfish, power hungry controlling jerk.

This......... This exactly is the same technique that the media is using on you. It is the biggest reason why Americans are so divided despite us ALL having one of the most oppressive, war hungry totalitarian governments on Earth today and why so many of us don't even know it.

They having us fighting with each other over every issue and trust me ATS, it's not an accident.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

pretty hi rez

why did he ditch his backpack and make a run for it?

he is a Seal, afterall

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic

pretty hi rez

he is a Seal, afterall

Seriously.

It's not Seal, it's SEAL/SEALs.
You are mistaking a MilCon for an active duty SEAL
You have no proof that the alleged member of CRAFT was ever a SEAL .

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

First of all... Very well presented!

This is what has been on my mind during all this:

Originally posted by Helious

You can not deny that the photo and video evidence and presentation from Boston is mind blowing, it illustrates perfectly the proliferation and implementation of "big brother" in todays America. For better or worse, I do not know, I will let you decide for yourselves. The fact is though, this event has illustrated quite clearly that public anonymity is a thing of the distant past. If your on public streets in a major city, your are not only being recorded in hi def but mostly likely either now or in the near future will be subject to warrantless "stop and frisk" in the way of face recognition software. Something to think about.

I think we will be seeing a push for increasing public surveillance on the curtails of this event. Law enforcement and politicians will point to the success of having so much data accessible as a justification to put cameras everywhere. I don't see any way it won't happen now.

ETA:

Just checked my local news and saw this:
CSPD... Downtown cameras
edit on 4/19/2013 by xenthuin because: Added article link

edit on 4/19/2013 by xenthuin because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I agree with you but I fail to see any relevance to the OP in any way. I wish we could have a conversation on the topic of the thread....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

I think we will be seeing a push for increasing public surveillance on the curtails of this event. Law enforcement and politicians will point to the success of having so much data accessible as a justification to put cameras everywhere. I don't see any way it won't happen now.

We all know a couple things. The first is that the government will never let a tragedy go to waste. The second is that face recognition software is viable and available currently. Given those two facts, I don't see how they wouldn't move to roll this out, after all, they have been trying it for a while with limited success but now, it can be sold as obviously needed for public safety.

There will be a time where this is used outside of it's scope, it will be challenged and ultimately heard by the SCOTUS and my prediction is that the use of digital hi rez face recognition software will be upheld and will then become the standard of every major city and used across the board as warrantless checks on everyone that passes in front of the camera.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I bring this up because we have no expectation of truth or integrity when it comes to any main stream media in this country. Does anyone else find that incredibly disturbing? When a nation such as America has a national media so backwards, so funded, owned and back by political forces how can we as a people believe what we are told by the people we should be able to trust above and beyond our government?

Most of the people here on ATS are well aware of this, but try to convince Johnny on the street. Big bucks buys a lot - congress, the media, etc. Yet, many people still believe the MSM is "agendaless" and the government has our best interests at heart.

Too many people without critical thinking skills (or basic thinking skills) in this good ole USA these days. And fear is such an easy tool to manipulate people in that environment.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
These guys are paid to stand there with those back packs filled with electronics. They probably scanned every magnetic strip in your wallet ID's Credit cards so on. And that is just one backpack the other is filled with electronics that hacked your cellphones or other gadgets you had on you. But of coarse they don't get to know what they are recording because it is sent directly to the truck and they process the information.

That is why they have a ear piece so the guys in the truck can say hey we seen something on that guy that just passed by.
edit on 19-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

pretty hi rez

he is a Seal, afterall

Seriously.

does anyone have any proof his backpack wasn't the 'Bomb'? we have heard the brothers have pictures with a a backpack and then without it, same with this guy, not a suspect?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i can relate to the comment you made about the news outlets

i cringe when i hear the lies

channel 4 news, here in the UK, led with "muslim terrorists".

tut tut

peace

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Look at the picture I posted.
They are looking at what happened with the back packs.
edit on 19-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
These guys are paid to stand there with those back packs filled with electronics. They probably scanned every magnetic strip in your wallet ID's Credit cards so on. And that is just one backpack the other is filled with electronics that hacked your cellphones or other gadgets you had on you. But of coarse they don't get to know what they are recording because it is sent directly to the truck and they process the information.

As of now, it's nothing more than wild speculation as to who those people are, what they are doing or what is in the backpacks. Could be nuclear weapons or a transformers lunchbox with a pb&j, speculating about it with such limited informations is pointless conjecture and confers a leap of faith I am not willing to make at this time.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well take a look at the truck and then look into what the truck is used for. Then you will find your answer. And I will give you a hint at where you can find a lot of information about what they do. Look into the NYPD TARU.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
whats with all the backpacks and large bags

nearly every male in the images
either

has a cap on
or a large bag

hippies... maybe

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

pretty hi rez

he is a Seal, afterall

Seriously.

Hey man....I wear a jacket just like that, people other than SEALS wear them, cops wear them, security people wear them. Of course, If you want to hide something, show it in plain sight........my ramble.

OP, excellent post.

As far as the back pack.....no clue.
edit on 19-4-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

In this case, then why would he leave all that valuable electronics & collected intel behind??

Wouldnt anyone in the crowd or local security wonder where his backpack suddenly went (including post-incident, here)?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I find it most telling, that in the midst of all that chaos and carnage, they are doing absolutely nothing to help! Just completely absorbed in their own group.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Your looking at the pictures out of order. They went to the truck with the backpacks. Then one of them took it off at the truck and is returning without it. The bags belong to the truck. They don't take them home with them. It is put away.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

They only do what the boss in there ear tells them to.
There job is to do what the boss wants not play hero.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

pretty hi rez

he is a Seal, afterall

Seriously.

does anyone have any proof his backpack wasn't the 'Bomb'? we have heard the brothers have pictures with a a backpack and then without it, same with this guy, not a suspect?

Nope and that's a valid question you bring up.

My issue is not even with the OP, while I don't agree with what the message is it's a well structured post that at least makes you think.

My issue is with the same poster stating as fact that he knows their are SEALs in the photo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join