It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So during Boston, CISPA passed.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Someone had mentioned either on facebook or here in passing that Boston could be a diversion.
Yup.
Guess earlier CISPA passed in the House and is on its way to the rest now. This just bothers me to no extent. I mean, some knew about this and no doubt tried to tell their Reps and Congressmen to not pass this right? But in my own head canon, I imagine most were too busy tweeting and preaching and freaking and facebooking about Boston. Which I have nothing against Boston. that stuff was rough and crude and rude and I'm glad they caught the two teenagers.

With hoards of Army, Swat, Cops, etc, according to other amazing things posted, statused, tweeted etc. but that is aside the point there.

Cispa passed quietly while people were fixated on Boston.

Well then.

www.zdnet.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Someone had mentioned either on facebook or here in passing that Boston could be a diversion.
Yup.
Guess earlier CISPA passed in the House and is on its way to the rest now. This just bothers me to no extent. I mean, some knew about this and no doubt tried to tell their Reps and Congressmen to not pass this right? But in my own head canon, I imagine most were too busy tweeting and preaching and freaking and facebooking about Boston. Which I have nothing against Boston. that stuff was rough and crude and rude and I'm glad they caught the two teenagers.

With hoards of Army, Swat, Cops, etc, according to other amazing things posted, statused, tweeted etc. but that is aside the point there.

Cispa passed quietly while people were fixated on Boston.

Well then.

www.zdnet.com...

very true, i've read this somewhere else i'm not sure if there is a forum about it already or if i saw it on GLP

and without all that hair you would look like stiffler mixed with a younger Pierce Brosnan
edit on 19-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Divide and conquer works smoothly on ATS. When an incident such as the one in Boston happens, everyone needs to stop being paranoid for a second and making hundred threads at 100mph for stars and flags. Gee, same thing happened for the 2012 threads, Aurora, Sandy, Boston...We often say when we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it and WE REPEAT IT over and over again on ATS.

Word of advice to my virtual community. When a tragic incident happens, don't be distracted becasue the right hand is busy when the left is working.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Its on the BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

No surprise really.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

That's not a pic of me. That is the Dwarrow Kili from the Hobbit movie xD

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Very very true indeed.

I have seen a lot of history repeat it self lately.

Now that the two bros have been caught, (and makes me wonder if the place they're from will suddenly have WMD - history, remember how that started once upon a decade ago; but again, that's neither here nor there for this topic) now people can focus on writing their Sen's and Representatives to get this stopped before it reaches the Senate etc.

Odd coincidence how this always seems to happen, eh? Either way, I wrote the people I needed to write last time CISPA and ACTA and all the other ones popped up and I"ll keep doing it as well. Every voice counts after all.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Dude.. If this passes..

What the actual hell is going on here..?

Am I the only one that feels like TOO much is happening at one time??

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
They'll do it even if it doesnt pass, so its almost as useless as voting really!
edit on 20-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Reality is virtually all Americans are too busy celebrating victory against "terrorists" and singing the national anthem!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Divide and conquer works smoothly on ATS. When an incident such as the one in Boston happens, everyone needs to stop being paranoid for a second and making hundred threads at 100mph for stars and flags. Gee, same thing happened for the 2012 threads, Aurora, Sandy, Boston...We often say when we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it and WE REPEAT IT over and over again on ATS.

Word of advice to my virtual community. When a tragic incident happens, don't be distracted becasue the right hand is busy when the left is working.
Most people here don't even know what stars and flags are, at least I didn't when I began making threads, and I have a good ratio of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ahh, the bodies aren't even cold, the tragic news still not sunk in for a lot of people and yet.....already it has been turned into a conspiracy.

Is compassion even a real word?

Originally posted by sarra1833

Now that the two bros have been caught, (and makes me wonder if the place they're from will suddenly have WMD

Dude....they're from Russia, I'll let you work out the WMD thing.

top topics

join