It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

You make some interesting points. For the most part though, those receiving "merit" actually don't want it.

Thats at least how Ive seen it. MHO

Star for a good post.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Some people feel the need to hold their leaders accountable, and the only way this is done is by talking about it.

Only way there is true "transparency" altho some people don't like that,and would rather have them muzzled, which is why people also have that need to be heard.

In a country that supposedly prides itself on free speech that means for all,

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Interesting Blog, to say the least.

So the two suspected bombers—if suspect will even be the operative word later this day—are Chechens. Nothing illustrates the hollowness, the grandstanding of American foreign policy better than the fact that America has antagonized the one country that might have been able to help avert the blasts in Boston. One can only speculate what Russian president Vladimir Putin is thinking as he sees Chechen terrorists wreaking havoc in a major American city.

This won't do, and the political correctness will only prove temporary even if it reveals a timorous mindeset. But by the same token, this is not evidence of a vast Islamic uprising that some more excitable conservatives purport to detect abroad. We are not in war against the Islamic world even if some on the right would like to provoke one. Clarity, not panic, is required. But when an entire city has to batten down the hatches because of a sinister duo from Chechnya, then it's abundantly clear that the worst terrorist incident since 9/11 is taking place on American soil. It's a time for introspection, for grieving for the victims, and for getting serious about foreign policy rather than trying to score cheap political points. The costs are too high, the price too exorbitant for America to spurn a potential helping hand from abroad. President Obama needs to call Putin ASAP.

Chechen Terrorism and the Vindication of Vladimir Putin

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My guess is that politicians jump at any occasion not specially to promote others but to promote themselves. But the US citizen is also very myopic in not recognizing how empty, useless and even degrading for those that actually excel in functions...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
Putin will use this situation to his advantage.

Uhuh. Apparently Alex Jones is claiming this is a government cover up again as well. People are saying all sorts of things, and all sorts of things are going to happen.

Obama needs to show his support not once, or twice but many times to those brave folks who had to deal with these terrorists right here in our backyard.

and then you'll move onto something else to complain at him for. Maybe the next complaint after this will be that he's patronizing these men and women for political points? Obama said what he needed to say and he's made sure to not jump to conclusions regarding this event. It's obviously not going to make a certain segment of the population happy because they have all sorts of issues with him outside of this event.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you going to fess up at all to the fact you made a false accusation? Or are you going to continue avoiding what you clearly stated in your OP? Be a big boy and admit you were wrong for once.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

How about someone be a "big boy" and post on this

President Barack Obama spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin Friday evening and thanked the Russian leader for unspecified cooperation in the investigation into the Boston Marathon bombings.

Round and Round same thing over and over again for 4 pages!

edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

and then you'll move onto something else to complain at him for. Maybe the next complaint after this will be that he's patronizing these men and women for political points? Obama said what he needed to say and he's made sure to not jump to conclusions regarding this event. It's obviously not going to make a certain segment of the population happy because they have all sorts of issues with him outside of this event.

Obama is the President, and will get scrutinized for EVERYTHING he says and does.As it should be. And yes, I have all the right in the World to complain about him. Just like you feel its your right to continue your inquisition on Neo. The difference is Neo isn't the topic, and really doesn't hold weight on the subject. Obama needs to say more, and I do respect him for actually making it a point to praise those in Boston. Just think,the situation was fluid and still is.. Now, he needs to answer the questions as to WHY the FBI, under his watch, let this guy back into the Country.

Do you believe that's a non-issue?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

and I do respect him for actually making it a point to praise those in Boston

Yes indeed thank those people in Boston for catching, and killing one who was already known to the FBI for having terrorists ties, no wait a second, then turn around,and said nothing to worry bout their folks, then turned around and killed 3 people injuring 170+ people in a barbaric bombing then who murdered a security guard, and a shootout on the streets of Boston, and then hours later caught the brother.

Thank you very much men and women of LEO, and Bostonians.

Thank You.

I like my Thank You better than Obamas.
edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There is a consensus among average Russians on what is happening in Chechnya. We're putting a lot of budget money there and Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of Chechnya, does everything he wants. He supresses other clans and 'terrorists' and is allowed to be an unlimited leader. He is a sort of Kim. There are few incidents and terrorist acts in Chechnya, so it's not a hot spot anymore. Btw Kadyrov's body guards, members of his clan often commit crimes outside of Chechnya believing in their unlimited power.

These brothers obviously are not related to Kadyrov's clan, but the point is that the Northern Caucasus' nations should not be allowed to live in developed countries. We Russians are at the state of war with them for 200+ years and they remain bandits as they always were. This doesn't sound like tolerance but there is really no room for it, at least from the average Russian point of view.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I have to agree with your assessment on the OP's real reason for posting this thread. It would be a normal thing for governments to exchange information on terrorists or on the families involved in a terrorist event. Thanking Putin for the exchange of information is a positive diplomatic move. It just shows that two countries who always don't agree on issues can come together and help each other when in need. Whether it was before or after catching the suspect is really not an issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yeah,this also came up on our news a little while ago...Russia, US to bolster ties after bombings

From the link..

they`re getting closer out of this..

RUSSIA and the United States have agreed to step up cooperation in their fight against terror in the wake of news that two ethnic Chechens are suspected of organising the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

The Kremlin said Russian leader Vladimir Putin called US President Barack Obama on Saturday to once again express his condolences and discuss ways the two sides can work more closely on security in the lead-up to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.

"Both sides underscored their interest in bolstering the close cooperation of Russian and US special services in the fight against international terrorism," the Kremlin said in a statement.

"I think that contacts will be conducted between our intelligence services," Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in separate televised remarks.

And this...

Analysts say that cooperation between the US and Russian intelligence services remains weak due to strained diplomatic ties and concern in Washington that Putin has used the fight against terror to crack down on his political foes.

UM? They both sound the same to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by neo96

Why do some people not want to talk about Obama thanking Putin?

Because some people, like the OP, insist on making this partisan issue by including this in their post:

Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

If you did not want to debate this, why did you include it in your OP? Especially considering it's a lie to begin with. It's never enough for you is it? You have the nerve to use this event to start spreading more of your partisan BS :down:

I see that you are an Obama cheerleader that hates when people say anything about dear leader.

Did you know that while Boston was going on, dear leader signed into law the curruption & insider trading is legal for us in the government law?

What say you?
edit on 20-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe because Putin let Obama know what Tamerlan Tsarnaev was doing in Russia for six months.

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev traveled to Russia last year and returned to the U.S. six months later, government officials told The Associated Press.

Boston Marathon bomb suspect went to Russia last year, government sources say

And as to whether Obama thanked the first responders.

My apologies if a little thing like FACTS get in the way of your Obama bashing thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

President Barack Obama spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin Friday evening and thanked the Russian leader for unspecified cooperation in the investigation into the Boston Marathon bombings.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

What?

Obama thanks Putin for "help" in Boston?

National Security Staff Spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden told The Cable the White House won't say what kind of cooperation the Russians provided.

So what kind of cooperation?

Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

edit on 19-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

more conspiracy junk to suck in the suckers and keep all away from realising the
faked nature of the event with no real dead, no real injured, no real terrorists and no real patsies.

it's all hollywood bs. i am, at this stage, one of the more bored audience.
i think i will scratch my arse for a while.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think that anytime Putin "cooperates" in any fashion (even if he's just giving information) that he will eventually expect something in return. That is where "conspiracy" comes into play, not necessarily at the time of giving cooperation but at such a time as he "calls in" the favor.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We have people complaining about this being an Obama-bashing thread?

I read it... more like an Obama apologist convention. All three members present and overzealously beating the completely expired horse.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As others in the thread mentioned, this was probably just a curtsey thank you

I wouldn't read into it

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 20-4-2013 by peterlopez42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Given what the world knows today and as it now stands? I don't see where Obama could have done more or should have done things differently.

Beslan bell tolls for 186 children and 148 adults massacred in 2004 terror act

^^ That's what it looks like when the Jihadi fighters of Chechnya decide to do something over the top. It redefines entire paradigms and ways of seeing the world for those who may someday have to respond to a nightmare beyond imagining...like that one.

Putin helping is a good thing and not the least bit surprising. Chechnya was an area the U.S. was getting very critical with Russia about in 1999 and 2000, when when world changed in New York. 'Don't get in our way and Chechnya is too far away for us to care about' seems to be how that deal went way back when. It doesn't change anything to the history and the fact the fighting was some of the worst in nature the 20th century saw on a local level.

I'm glad to see Putin is still as determined to keep the Chechen rebels in check as he's been all along, Whatever else in the world may be happening, that's Russia's side focus as much as Al Qaeda is for the US. In this case, they overlapped in the worst way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join