It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

President Barack Obama spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin Friday evening and thanked the Russian leader for unspecified cooperation in the investigation into the Boston Marathon bombings.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

What?

Obama thanks Putin for "help" in Boston?

National Security Staff Spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden told The Cable the White House won't say what kind of cooperation the Russians provided.

So what kind of cooperation?

Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

edit on 19-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
odd indeed since this isn't over yet....

good catch all around

i would like to give this time to thank all those people that didn't get reconized for their relentless help even if this whole country was tricked into doing it. sounds weird for some reason to thank for such reasons even though i want too...

but what really bugged me, they didn't even lock down newyork like this when 9/11 happened, just saying, then he becomes a legal citizin on 9/11/12 ? rofls
edit on 19-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting.

Probably intelligence exchange.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's odd. I wonder what sort of "cooperation" Obama was thanking him for? Conspiratal thoughts are coming to mind, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The kids father was taken by russian intelligence to be questioned then later released. cant remember where i heard/read that last night.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Barack is probably thanking Putin for lending him two highly susceptible and very gullible Chechens, they probably thought they were on some sort of "exercise" lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by neo96

That's odd. I wonder what sort of "cooperation" Obama was thanking him for? Conspiratal thoughts are coming to mind, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Don't think there is anything really "conspiratorial" here it's just politicians like to brag how awesome they think they are.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Very odd. Video of suspects did not come from Putin, it was taken in the USA. Pictures released to media of suspects, again nothing to do with Putin. So who identified the suspects, was it Putin or people in Russia? If not the only assistance they could have given was information on family members, links, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Seems to me they already had all the info when they moved here, and when the FBI came a calling last year.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Interesting.

Probably intelligence exchange.

What are the odds of us ending up in the same thread Agent Mulder lol....On topic, I think its a good thing that they cooperated. My fear is that this thing could get real ugly, real fast as far as foreign relations go....
edit on 19-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

You know they just caught the second suspect not too long ago? Are you just trying to use any excuse to post another negative thread about Obama? Jesus.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There is a BIG difference on how Russians handle their criminals/terrorists.

That being said, I wonder what "type" of help was really offered?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They probably exchanged Intell. I bet the Cell this kid belonged to has roots over in Europe or Russia and Putin knows quite a bit about it. or something.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You know they just caught the second suspect not too long ago? Are you just trying to use any excuse to post another negative thread about Obama? Jesus.

Have anything to say about the this?

Obama thanks Putin bothered to look at the time when it was posted it was posted long before the other guy was caught.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
People do understand Russia has occupied Chechnya for the last couple of decades right?, and that the suspects in question happened to be Chechnen.

Seems to be a bit of confusion as to why Putin is involved.

The reality is simple.

America is telling the world, we do not in any way connect Russia to this terrorist attack, or even suspect them, cause some people might think it, what the bombers being from Chechnya and all, so lets just nip that in the bud right now.

Its like when the saudis fly planes into the twin towers on 9/11 America immediately blamed and bombed Saudi Arabia, wait. I mean, what?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, so your posting a thread about how Obama thanked Putin but not the men and women working to hunt the culprits? Did you miss his speech? Are you making the accusation that he did not once thank the men and women putting themselves on the lives there? Is this your accusation right now??

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Christ

Why do some people not want to talk about Obama thanking Putin?

I don't know guess i will chalk it up to don't ever talk about the most holy of holies the lord and savior Obama.

Obama thanks Putin for unspecified help move along talk about posters instead.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Awesome

Only an hour after the article in the op was written, and posted

Only an hour after the suspect was caught

Only 2 hours after the fact the Potus will grace us with his words.

edit on 19-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

This all ties into things. There are other threads about those heroic individuals in Boston.

This thread is something fresh.

S&F Neo

link   
reply to post by neo96

Why do some people not want to talk about Obama thanking Putin?

Because some people, like the OP, insist on making this partisan issue by including this in their post:

If you did not want to debate this, why did you include it in your OP? Especially considering it's a lie to begin with. It's never enough for you is it? You have the nerve to use this event to start spreading more of your partisan BS :down:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join