It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorist Have Won...(Boston)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, that's irish terrorists. the general MO of middle eastern terrorists towards the west has been symbolic financial, political, and military.

Irish terrorists or Irish patriots? Depends on the angle you look at it from. That said, they have MANY more decades dealing with excessive strife than we have. Maybe we should listen.

In saying that, aren't pubs to the irish considered a religious institution?

2 ways to look at that. I choose to laugh.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by SaturnFX

I lost 2 friends in the Birmingham Pub Bombings. I find that comment offensive.

2nd

Which part exactly, the poking fun at irish in general, or the suggestion that middle eastern trends tend to go for greater symbology?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well, that's irish terrorists. the general MO of middle eastern terrorists towards the west has been symbolic financial, political, and military.

Irish terrorists or Irish patriots? Depends on the angle you look at it from. That said, they have MANY more decades dealing with excessive strife than we have. Maybe we should listen.

Ultimately, you forfit any title outside of terrorist once you start targeting areas with only civilians...the argument of patriot V terrorist can be debated when its military, political, or even arguably financial...but ya...pubs, bars, schools, etc...just common thuggary regardless of what angle you come in at

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

When it comes to the subject of terrorism, fun doesn't come into it.

2nd

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

2nd

Are you suggesting all irish are terrorists?

Bit racist, dontcha think?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

2nd

I used the word terrorism not Irish did i not?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No. Terrorism is designed to inflict fear on a populous. That doesn't mean any given target. Whatever works. If you are American I suggest you listen to those that have been dealing with this type of strife much longer than you. They know what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

No. Terrorism is designed to inflict fear on a populous. That doesn't mean any given target. Whatever works. If you are American I suggest you listen to those that have been dealing with this type of strife much longer than you. They know what they are talking about.

Thank you for those wise words. Here in the UK we have a single word for terrorists. That word is "Cowards"

2nd

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

2nd

Yes, but your shifting your initial moaning. I poked fun at irish, you said you were offended..so either your irish whom is offended at my joking that they find pubs to be a religious institution, or your purposefully trying to find something to be offended about.

I can make it easier..yo mama so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits -around- the house.
There..now you can justify your whinging...guess you allocate yourself a certain amount of righteous indignation a day.

Incidentally, My brother got murdered on a motorbike by some Hispanics. I can tolerate many jokes based on motorbikes and Hispanics, amongst many other things...see, I don't let other people effect my sense of well being with their words...my skin is made out of something tougher than rice paper though.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

2nd

Yes, but your shifting your initial moaning. I poked fun at irish, you said you were offended..so either your irish whom is offended at my joking that they find pubs to be a religious institution, or your purposefully trying to find something to be offended about.

I can make it easier..yo mama so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits -around- the house.
There..now you can justify your whinging...guess you allocate yourself a certain amount of righteous indignation a day.

Incidentally, My brother got murdered on a motorbike by some Hispanics. I can tolerate many jokes based on motorbikes and Hispanics, amongst many other things...see, I don't let other people effect my sense of well being with their words...my skin is made out of something tougher than rice paper though.

You do what you have to do. That's your concern.
For the record my Grandfather was Irish.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It depends on the point of the operation.
Middle east: wants the US out of their business...therefore target the relevant structures.
They want Israel off their land, so make the place not a nice place to live (civilians).

Its not as random as you believe.

Why didn't Tim McVeigh target a McDonalds? Why that building?
Why did the 9/11 folks hit the WTT and Pent? Or the naval ships, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That would work if this was a middle east country. Is Chechnya a ME country? Or are we just talking about Muslims?

edit on 19-4-2013 by intrepid because: Syntax.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Growing up in England, I recall several bombings during my youth.

At no time, however, did I ever see the British police, the British military close down London. I don't recall shops closed, I don't remember ever, a populace so cowed as current in Watertown, Mass.

An entire population is frozen and entirely dependent on Government to protect them.

*shakes head*

Why not just wave a white friggin' flag!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Nope, but radicalized Jihad is borderless.

To the op "terrorists" haven't won the "authorities" told people to stay in their homes really don't have so much of a problem with that as the people are more likely to get shot by the police than the bomber at this point.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That would work if this was a middle east country. Is Chechnya a ME country? Or are we just talking about Muslims?

edit on 19-4-2013 by intrepid because: Syntax.

Currently it is middle eastern terrorists we are discussing.
Irish V Britian is a different scenario, different motivations. Same with Chechnya and their motivations.

Not saying this is absolute...is this a terrorist attack in Boston? sure..I am simply stating it is not going to lead up to some great connected organization..or if it does, then it is a pretty dramatic change in tactics which doesn't make sense based on the general middle east V west motivations.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy

Something isn't right about this. Why is a big city like Boston shut down due to ONE guy?
It makes no sense.
Stuff happens and they never shut down the entire place.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They are setting a precedent.

The next time this happens, the normal" response will be to shut down business, people stay locked in their homes, and have military and police and DHS roam the streets.

*baaaa-aaaaa*
(munching grass)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I agree they have won even in the UK they are winning a radical muslim cleric here is costing the tax payer £5 million because he cannot be deported even having been accused of terrorist activities in his home country.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjsr420
They've won more than that. People are afraid to leave thier houses. Win. People will be afraid to go to events. Win. They killed our people. Win.

Speak for yourself. Most people I know, and the people of Boston that I have heard remark on the subject are not so easily terrified.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The fact the police has become so militarised suggests to me the terrorists have won. The police in the US look like something from a dystopian future movie. Some may welcome it, I find it quite scary. It's not like they reverse this type of militarisation, it only gets worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join