It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorist Have Won...(Boston)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this was posted before (or if I'm at the wrong forum) but this kind of stuff really bugs me

imgur.com...

It shows images of a ghost town in Boston after a lockdown was initiated, or so I was told.

Isn't this what the terrorist WANT? Isn't this their objective? To run fear into peoples hearts and to make the people not want to leave their homes because they're TERRIFIED? Plus this just motivates future terrorists to do copycat attacks.

Sad to see a once brave nation turn into this.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Terror, has won that's for sure.
I'm watching the military run the streets of Boston and it's okay to do so now.
2nd amendment what? Wag the dog.
It's never been about the 2nd amendment.
LAPC's , DHS, Military Presence, F.A.S.T., unlimited Intel gathering, 'The Authorities" all are welcome now.
The salesman's foot was in the door, now he's seated in your living room.
There's no macho spin to be put on this, it's just advancing further down the slippery slope.

edit on 19-4-2013 by HappilyEverAfter because: to ad

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the only thing they won is a free dirt nap and a soon to be free dirt nap...........

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nope..

thats what the FBI want.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Boston isn't terrified. They are inside seething. They are getting out of the way to let the authorities do what they can. That's the reason Boston and NY have such a rivalry, hatred even? They are very much alike and being afraid ain't part of their nature.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They've won more than that. People are afraid to leave thier houses. Win. People will be afraid to go to events. Win. They killed our people. Win.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, the terrorists win most times sadly.

Now there's a huge discussion on WHO are the terrorists that win.........

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
April 28th. Car Bomb kills 22
www.voanews.com...

You do see Iraqi forces shutting down the city?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i live near lowell and i can tell anyone who thinks people around here are scared that they're wrong. most of us are enraged. i actually woke up amped up today after listening to the events go down til 5 am this morning. it feels very weird. i learned earlier about the MIT guy, my friends know his little brother. very real and very weird. the guy in the wheelchair saved by the cowboy hat man lives 1 town over from me i could walk there.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy

Bombings where once a more or less daily occurrence in Northern Ireland. The cities where never shut down. The people just got on with their daily lives as an act of defiance toward the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
While this seems the "most Logical thing to do" for some and because after all a lonely killer is in the lose, my conspirator mind tells me that this all wrong

Why? because it shows how easily the American public is geared to follow authority without questioning.

How many Americans following authoritarian "guidance" will be asked to step out and walk into the gas chambers willingly.

While I am exaggerating here, this just an example of how manipulated we all have become in this nation.

Now the powers with agendas in the nation knows that they can do whatever they want to the public as long as is tagged, for your safety, for the national security and the common good.

Sorry but I still can no believe that we as a nation can be manipulated so easily.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You, have great insight, and deserve a million stars.
You see it, and youre very accurate in your judgment.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am not convinced this is a proper terrorist attack. As much as we pretend that they want to strike us for our freedoms and apple pie, etc..the simple fact is, any actual terrorist attack goes for specific targets..which includes financial and military symbols..no, they aren't going to blow up the statue of liberty, Hollywood, or anything like that.

So, a bomb at a jogging event..no, this isn't any high level operation.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
i live near lowell and i can tell anyone who thinks people around here are scared that they're wrong. most of us are enraged. i actually woke up amped up today after listening to the events go down til 5 am this morning. it feels very weird. i learned earlier about the MIT guy, my friends know his little brother. very real and very weird. the guy in the wheelchair saved by the cowboy hat man lives 1 town over from me i could walk there.

Wow and Lowell is way north of Boston... yet still the people are emotional and scared angry enraged.

These events are meant one after the other to build up American rage real fast, and at some point, maybe the NEXT terror event, all "hell may break loose" and officials will have reason to open fire on civilians as collateral damage to apprehend alleged suspects. We're just one step away from that, with residences being inspected door to door, today (without warrants for due cause).

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So you think a victory is to kill a few people and then getting killed while your younger brother hides and the City of Boston shuts down for a day or two? Meanwhile Americans are having surge or patriotism and pride and in a few days things will back to normal in Boston, Yeah thats some win alright.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am not convinced this is a proper terrorist attack. As much as we pretend that they want to strike us for our freedoms and apple pie, etc..the simple fact is, any actual terrorist attack goes for specific targets..which includes financial and military symbols..no, they aren't going to blow up the statue of liberty, Hollywood, or anything like that.

That's not correct. In n1974 the IRA blew up 2 pubs in Birmingham UK killing 21 people and injuring 182. They IRA where an "A" team terrorist organization. So please tell me what financial or military symbol would a pub be?

en.wikipedia.org...

The IRA also placed bombs in a litter bins at a shopping centre in Warrington, killing a 3 year and 12 year old child. So what financial or military symbol would that have been?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
So you think a victory is to kill a few people and then getting killed while your younger brother hides and the City of Boston shuts down for a day or two? Meanwhile Americans are having surge or patriotism and pride and in a few days things will back to normal in Boston, Yeah thats some win alright.

Nothing like good old fashon terrorism to rally America into one nation with one purpose....not a good thing to do for the terrorist.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by SaturnFX

That's not correct. In n1974 the IRA blew up 2 pubs in Birmingham UK killing 21 people and injuring 182. They IRA where an "A" team terrorist organization. So please tell me what financial or military symbol would a pub be?

en.wikipedia.org...

The IRA also placed bombs in a litter bins at a shopping centre in Warrington, killing a 3 year and 12 year old child. So what financial or military symbol would that have been?

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, that's irish terrorists. the general MO of middle eastern terrorists towards the west has been symbolic financial, political, and military.

In saying that, aren't pubs to the irish considered a religious institution?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy

Sad, isn't it.
Not a shot was fired and over a million people gladly welcome the police and military entering their homes.

All aspects of freedom, gone in one afternoon.

But don't fret, all your freedoms were taken away for your safety.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I lost 2 friends in the Birmingham Pub Bombings. I find that comment offensive.

2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join