It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Marathon A Tragedy, Not A Conspiracy.Article From 2008 About Marathons Disaster Drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
People need to give it a rest already. Claiming that bomb sniffing dogs, private security, and emergency drills mean that there is a conspiracy behind this tragedy. This is completely normal at the Boston Marathon, they have been doing these drills for years now.

Here is an article about Emergency Disaster Drills at the Boston Marathon back in 2008.

Marathon As Dry Run For Disaster

Primary responsibility for the health and well-being of both runners and spectators in Boston rests with Boston Emergency Medical Service (BEMS), along with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Emergency Management Agency. According to BEMS chief Richard Serino, his department considers events like the marathon and the Fourth of July celebration as "planned disasters" - safe, controlled environments that present "an opportunity to test some things you would never want to test in a real disaster."

Makes sense to me. So this has been going on for some years now. This is probably the reason the police were telling people it was just a drill. They may very well have thought that as well. It also explains the bomb squad and other security forces present, although I am sure that bomb squads are always presents at events of this size.

Now on to the new alleged device released, the one the conspiracy theorist called a mass casualty device, which by the way is a completely wrong description.

from the same article

a tracking system that utilizes barcodes and hand scanners to log a patient's condition and location has been tested during past races. During a real disaster, this technology could provide authorities quick access to the location and condition of casualties, information that currently takes hours, if not days, for friends and families of the injured to ascertain.

Now this technology is by the company SafetyPad, the same company that allegedly deployed this mass casualty device, which in reality was just an new device for the above mentioned tracking system, not a mass casualty device.

The Alleged Mass Casualty Device

The system deployed by SafetyPAD at the Boston Marathon was not a Mass Casualty device; it was part of Boston EMS's existing electronic patient care reporting system that has been in place since 2004. The new Android based platform was designed for a lightweight device intended for use by bike and gator teams to respond and document patients in need of aid by Boston EMS first responders along the marathon route.

Doesn't sound anything like a mass casualty device.

As for The Private Security Force Craft International being there. Normal as well.

To successfully manage the marathon, BEMS and other public safety agencies must have relationships not just with the Boston Athletic Association, which organizes the race, but also with a diverse set of private organizations.

The Article closes this way, which IMO is completely common sense.

Massachusetts is better prepared for a real disaster because every Patriot's Day and Fourth of July is treated as a "disaster." Instead of constant warnings about the inevitability of another terrorist attack or natural catastrophe, the public would be better served if this type of local homeland security innovation were promoted and adopted elsewhere.

I will gladly answer any questions, but people, think before you ask. Common sense and a simple google search using custom dates before this years tragedy can answer a lot of question. If you truly are looking for the truth, it is easily obtainable.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You Might be right but that doesn't mean there is NO conspiracy here. We simply do not have all the facts yet.. like 911. Over 50% of the US population believes the Government was lying about the events on 911. There may be good reason to believe this too about the bombing after all the data is in.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You cannot compare the two IMO, but yes I agree, not all the facts are in yet. The main reason I started this, is due to the other threads claiming there is a conspiracy and linking articles that they claim prove as much, yet I just debunked those claims from using an article from 5 years ago.

new topics

join