It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans! Do we need guns? yes, we need guns!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A factual opinion:

Just because the Senate voted down the gun control bill earlier this week it doesn't mean anything. Friends, here in America, we have a constitutional right to bear arms and our eleceted officlas are doing everything possible to infringe on that right. Our forefathers placed the 2nd ammendment into our constitution for one very good reason; To ensure OUR government NEVER oversteps it's citizens and to ensure the USA remains a democracy in case it ever tried. Thomas Jefferson said it best:
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."

We need guns, without them, we will never be able to protect ourselves from what OUR government would like to do. They want YOU powerless. They want you to give up your freedoms. They want to make every decision for you and they don't want YOU to have any control. They want your freedom and they do it in the name of keeping you safe. Again, I will quote Jefferson. "Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state."

The media is the governments greatest asset in the pursuit to steal your freedoms. What better form of manipulation is there? You sit down to watch the local 5 o'clock news and it's rare to hear any good news, it's all horrible. Then the national news comes on at 530, more of the same. It is designed that way! What better way to keep your citizens docile and unaware? What better way to pursue an agenda than to control what you see & what you read? It's been widely known for years that the televison is the greatest form of manipulation on one's mind. Before the TV, it was the radio and before the radio it was the newspapers. All forms of media are riddled with subliminal messages designed to make you desire something. It's been happening for years and there is no end in sight. Again, I would like to quote Jefferson. "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers" and "I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it."

So, what is the motive? Think about it. Please think about everything that OUR elected officals are trying to do and have done in the last decade alone. Connect the dots and do your research. look at the laws which have been passes to "protect you" and to "keep you safe." So many of our freedoms, the freedoms of law abiding citizens, have been raped and pillaged by our governemnt. Another quote from Jefferson; "I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education."

I, for one, am sick of it, I've been sick of it. I feel this is nobody's fault but our own for we, as a people and nation, have become so dependant on our govenment to take care of all of our problems. Again, I will quote Jefferson. "Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the general progress of the human mind." In my opinion, most of us have become sheep, we just go with the flow, and we have become so dependent on having others solve our problems. We have forgotten as a whole what it is to have a backbone. What it means to stand up for yourself and protect your freedoms. TO ENSURE YOUR LIBERTY! The laws of the land are changing to the will of the people because the people have lost their will.

Although, I agree that law abiding citizens have no reason to fear a background check, I stand firm in my belief that more stingent background checks will NOT keep guns out of the hands of maniacs who intend to do harm. If some freak wants a gun, the freak will find a gun. Making new laws will NEVER change that. We don't need NEW laws, we to to better enforce the laws we already have. I feel like we, as a nation, need to wake up to the real threat. That threat is a government gone wild, a government who wants pure control. WE NEED TO QUIT LIVING IN FEAR!! Two more quotes here from Jefferson: "Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." and "The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."

We need to wake up. We need to take our government back. We need to ensure democracy lives. Your governement isn't going to do that for you. Only YOU can change this because they won't do it for you. I urge all of you to write your representitives and take your country back from a government out of control. Jefferson was a smart man and this will be my last quote. "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate."

Peace.
edit on 19-4-2013 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I completely agree with your OP, unfortunetly it'll be too late for those to "wake up" when the S really HTF when the final moves are placed on the chess table. If it's anytime that we need guns, it's right now. Don't fall for the false security that the government is trying to provide (police state), secure yourselves and your loved ones. You know, sometimes everything that is happening in the world including the recent events feels like a dream to me. It feels so artificial through my senses that I pinch myself in the midst of my despair to wake up and witness a world in peace...
I rather die tomorrow than live the rest of my life as a slave.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

One more quote:

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

Be the change you seek. It starts with all of you.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

I agree OP. The thing is, most Americans seem to think "It has not happened here yet, so it will not happen here." Plus when you consider other things like the culture of ignorance that has been so glamorized in recent years, the doping of everyone in the country with some form of medication, the total breakdown of society that is rapidly advancing. It seems hopeless to see any kind of turnaround. It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to do something. There are alot of parallels to American society and ancient Rome before it fell, and also 1930's Germany.

I will never forget picking up a newspaper one time several years ago and it had a giant headline on the front of it that read, "PAULA ABDUL QUITS AMERICAN IDOL." I turned to one of the last pages and there was a little tiny article you coul barely see between all the adds that read, "12 SOLDIERS DEAD IN AFGHANISTAN." I have never bought another one since. And I only watch mainstream news to see which stories they don't report on. That is alot more telling to me than anything the pretty people on TV say.

We have psychopaths in this country on every single level. I wish I could be optimistic and say things will get better, they will turn around. Sadly, I can only see them getting much worse before they ever get any better.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty

One more quote:

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

Be the change you seek. It starts with all of you.

I agree but half way. The quote needs to be applied for an entire nation that want change. One man canno't do a damn thing when more than half of his people are dumbed down chillin' on the couch hypnotized by the TV. Ignorance is a two-sided sword, either way one is wounded. The game is rigged bro.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seems to me... and I'm only one of those foreign types with no brains... They are not taking your guns off you, simply doing more background checks to try and prevent nutters from getting them.

But then the reply to that would be "nutters will get them any way" so what do I know right?

edit on 19-4-2013 by Mister_Bit because: oopsy

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I'm the same way, newspapers discust me and when I do watch the news I do so to see what they fail to report or how long it takes to report something I saw here first.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I still have some fight left in me and I choose to have faith in humanity. It is an uphill battle,that much is true. My main point I am trying to make is that nothing will happen unless people speak up. The more that is said the more people will listen. Look at how many people have 'woken up" in the last 5 years alone. I find that amazing.

It's like trying to get a hold of a lawyer after paying your retainer. Sometimes you need to call 5 - 10 different times before you get a response. Affirmative action usually leads to a reaction.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I wasn't trying to imply with my post that non-americans have no brains but I do agree with you completely. If a wacko wants to kill people, the wacko will find a way

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

If a wacko wants to indulge in paranoid delusions and gun up, there's no way to stop it. Freedom ain't free right? Embrace it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

nutters will get the gun if they want them, usually the attack in a spur of the moment and not in a methodical planned out manner, hence "Nutters",

the psychos are different they can beat the background checks if they managed to keep their record clean, plus people will sell their guns for cash when they need to *guns are material, so it can be done*

people who we consider stupid or dumb may not be the smartest or fastest thinkers but they do think and they also have their opinions which matter also, but to try and ban guns simply because they cant read, write, or talk in an elaborate manner does not justify taking away their defense.

but what do i know, i'm just the son of an immigrant, with different values than modern 21st century "civilized" "americans",
i'd rather die fighting than live under subjugation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

We need guns, without them, we will never be able to protect ourselves from what OUR government would like to do. They want YOU powerless. They want you to give up your freedoms. They want to make every decision for you and they don't want YOU to have any control.

Like the upstanding citizens of Boston did? Been reading through alot the threads regarding what has happened in Boston, and seen alot of American citizens on here saying how BS the lockdown was, and how the Government trampled on their god given and Constitutional rights, yet from what we have heard, not one Bostonian walked outside during the lockdown, with a firearm, protecting their freedoms from the supposed Draconian FBI and Boston PD. Did you?

Not trying to be a smart-arse or anything, but every time a gun debate comes up, basically every American on ATS screams and shouts "IT'S OUR GOD DAMNED RIGHT TO HAVE GUNS!!! THE CONSTITUTION SAYS SO! WE NEED THEM TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THE GOVERNMENT! GOD HELP ANYONE THAT COMES TO TAKE MY GUNS!!!!". Yet not once, when # hits the fan, have I seen anyone stand up to the so called oppressors, and win. Still waiting for your average Americans to band together to slay the mighty dragon that is the US Government. And i'll put good money on it that I will be dead, from old age, before that happens too. It's typical though, all talk, no action.

Viva le revolution, eh...........

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You might not need gun "control" but you definitely need to have some sort of mediation or review of gun licensing.
In Australia, we don't have strict gun laws, but that's because our mindless massacre was by Martin Bryant. He didn't kill all of the people, there was a Secret Service or equivalent sharpshooter who killed the majority of people, but he killed at least ten people on his own. Since then, he was caught, he was tried and imprisoned for life. Gun control in Australia happened so that you must register every firearm, and you are subject to a firearms inspection every five years. Other than that, we're left completely alone.

In America, the entire world hears about shootings every day. Some are nutjobs who lose control, and some are probably set up so that the Government can have a reason to put the gun restrictions in place.
You guys hide behind your Constitution when it comes to killing each other, but when it comes to things like education, and freedoms, you destroy each other. Some of your states won't even teach evolution, because religion has been given more power than the Constitution, but those same Bible-bashing Creationists cry that their freedoms are being imposed upon if they can't shoot someone? Common sense has to prevail.
Either you have your guns, as per the Second Amendment, and you acknowledge the entirety of your Constitution (not just the convenient parts), but you have to legislate that the "United States" actually unites so that all the States have the same basic laws, or sit there as you guys are now, except you just install a tiny, painless checking system that allows you to bear arms, have Constitutional rights.. and the Government will leave you guys alone.

new topics

top topics

join