It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the use of Assualt Weapons by Boston Bombers / Suspects Spark a Excutive Order to Ban Assualt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
just watching the hunt for the boston bombers on the tube, and thinking about how the lsm keeps on talking about how in the shoot out they had assualt weapons. then while checking threads here, i saw this thread,
Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

i was wondering could the president legally use this for a weapons ban and wondering if he would stoop as low as this to get his way.

edit on 19-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

i was wondering could the president legally use this for a weapons ban and wondering if he would stoop as low as this to get his way.

Our Dictator In Chief will sink to any level to get what he wants! He is so butt hurt over his legislative pet project being rejected yesterday that he will use any means he can think of to get his way and soothe his massive ego- whether those means are legal or not!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Define legal.....It is like the layers of a cake....anything that can be used to take away privacy and the 2d amendment just adds icing to the legislative cake. He can try for the executive order but there will be those who fight it in court and no telling what will happen then.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"Assault" weapons? In Mass? Nah. Mass has an AWB and uber tight regulations.

If anything the reality of militant maniacs in Anytown, USA should be justification for an AR15 in every home and a Glock 19 on every hip.

It's also worth pointing out that one kid has thousands of cops running around like chickens with their heads cut off and an entire metropolitan area of millions in complete lock down. One running kid!

Can somebody say "WOLVERINES!!" So much for the "what good can your guns do" nonsense. A pressure cooker and a car-jacking has effectively stopped a city cold and more.

If there were some group involved and not just these two lunatics how much do you think they could destroy while every badge in 100 miles is chasing a kid through the streets? They make divide and conquer too easy.
edit on 19-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

No doubt about it. Take a look at Obama's demeanor towards the senate giving a thumbs down on background checks.

He may be signing EO's right now as we speak.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If anything the reality of militant maniacs in Anytown, USA should be justification for an AR15 in every home and a Glock 19 on every hip.

It's also worth pointing out that one kid has thousands of cops running around like chickens with their heads cut off and an entire metropolitan area of millions in complete lock down. One running kid!

Can somebody say "WOLVERINES!!" So much for the "what good can your guns do" nonsense. A pressure cooker and a car-jacking has effectively stopped a city cold and more.

If there were some group involved and not just these two lunatics how much do you think they could destroy while every badge in 100 miles is chasing a kid through the streets? They make divide and conquer too easy.

great point,

may i add they were using grenades on the officers. How is that possible? Grenades are banned in Mass!!!!! And lets not mention the bombs themselves. There banned too!

If there is a will to kill, they will find a way. No ban will stop them!
edit on 19-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i couldn't agree with you more.

i can see him on tv now saying,

due to the tragic events in boston over the past several days, i have signed a executive order, banning all assault weapons affective immediately, and over the next few months all firearms that are not single shot.
we as amercains can no longer allow people to have weapons, they must be taken away so that no one can perpetuate events like that have been seen in the past few days.

i have given Security Napolitano full power to confiscate any and all firearm as she sees fit.
and shame on any amercain that disagrees with this, you will be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yeah, did you notice in many of the videos how many "citizens and innocent bystanders" were hand/zip cuffed and on the curb? Wonderfull, not only is the city on lockdown but being out is somehow grounds for being detained/arrested "for officer safety".

So sick of this #... It's a conditioning drill. We can do anything to you in the name of safety...

A pressure cooker and a car-jacking has effectively stopped a city cold and more.

And thus the reason the terrorists are winning - despite the obscene amounts of money spent they still pull these things off.

Every time we over-react and commit the whole shebang for 1-2 dudes, they win. We look paranoid and scared.

When we over-spend money and over-commit resources, they win. We look irrational and paranoid.

Every time we further restrict the movement of the citizens, they win. The citizens resent these limitations and new movements will be formed (domestically and abroad) when the people mistrust the government who clearly can't protect them despite the increases in money/time spent and liberties sacrificed.

Every time a right is removed, they win. Citizens see their rights dwindling and the terrorist incidents increasing not decreasing. They begin to see conspiracies where none exist (its incompetence and over-reaction most likely) and eventually this goes around to self fulfilling fear as groups are created to counter government "intrusion". Some fringe group will stop protesting and start acting... Now government intrusion is justified.

All those actions only serve to foster the mistrust of the government by the citizens.

If there were some group involved and not just these two lunatics how much do you think they could destroy while every badge in 100 miles is chasing a kid through the streets? They make divide and conquer too easy

Whichever group is making the other react is winning... In this case the government is reacting and the terrorist is the one acting and controlling the engagement.

It is simply Sun Tzu keep one's enemy in reaction mode...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT GUNS!

i apologize for the caps, but it is bloody maddening, if you have to define yourself by a gun i'm sorry, but not everything is about only guns

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a well known head of a terrorist organisation once said regarding the power struggle between his organisation and the authorities.

'We have nothing to lose, nothing to fear, you need to be lucky 100% of the time, we only need to get lucky once....'

MR

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

great point,

may i add they were using grenades on the officers. How is that possible? Grenades are banned in Mass!!!!! And lets not mention the bombs themselves. There banned too!

If there is a will to kill, they will find a way. No ban will stop them!
edit on 19-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I totally agree.

All it takes is some imagination and the most innocuous things can be turned into a weapon.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Yeah, did you notice in many of the videos how many "citizens and innocent bystanders" were hand/zip cuffed and on the curb? Wonderfull, not only is the city on lockdown but being out is somehow grounds for being detained/arrested "for officer safety".

So sick of this #... It's a conditioning drill. We can do anything to you in the name of safety...

A pressure cooker and a car-jacking has effectively stopped a city cold and more.

And thus the reason the terrorists are winning - despite the obscene amounts of money spent they still pull these things off.

Every time we over-react and commit the whole shebang for 1-2 dudes, they win. We look paranoid and scared.

When we over-spend money and over-commit resources, they win. We look irrational and paranoid.

Every time we further restrict the movement of the citizens, they win. The citizens resent these limitations and new movements will be formed (domestically and abroad) when the people mistrust the government who clearly can't protect them despite the increases in money/time spent and liberties sacrificed.

Every time a right is removed, they win. Citizens see their rights dwindling and the terrorist incidents increasing not decreasing. They begin to see conspiracies where none exist (its incompetence and over-reaction most likely) and eventually this goes around to self fulfilling fear as groups are created to counter government "intrusion". Some fringe group will stop protesting and start acting... Now government intrusion is justified.

All those actions only serve to foster the mistrust of the government by the citizens.

If there were some group involved and not just these two lunatics how much do you think they could destroy while every badge in 100 miles is chasing a kid through the streets? They make divide and conquer too easy

Whichever group is making the other react is winning... In this case the government is reacting and the terrorist is the one acting and controlling the engagement.

It is simply Sun Tzu keep one's enemy in reaction mode...

Star....

This might be one of the best and most insightfull posts i have seen here. Facebook and Twitter it........You need to expand/restructure this into a letter and send it to the editor of the Boston newspapers, send it to the White House, every congressman, state governor, state legislature, those running for office, the heads of police departments...I am serious.....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by littled16

i couldn't agree with you more.

i can see him on tv now saying,

due to the tragic events in boston over the past several days, i have signed a executive order, banning all assault weapons affective immediately, and over the next few months all firearms that are not single shot.
we as amercains can no longer allow people to have weapons, they must be taken away so that no one can perpetuate events like that have been seen in the past few days.

i have given Security Napolitano full power to confiscate any and all firearm as she sees fit.
and shame on any amercain that disagrees with this, you will be dealt with accordingly.

That would be the final straw in sparking a revolt. If anything the events of the past few days have shown the nation that government and the police cannot protect civilians from armed evil people. They can't even completely protect themselves, let alone us. These events cement the argument that we need to be able to protect ourselves and government/police cannot do it.
edit on 19-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Q: Could the use of Assualt Weapons by Boston Bombers / Suspects Spark a Excutive Order to Ban Assualt Weapons?

A: Oh but of course.

Now I have a question:
How does an Executive Order (read Royal Decree) get struck down, overturned etc. Who knows the laws about such things on ATS?

edit on 4/19/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

true, i believe that this would cause civil unrest, but do you think that obama cares, or any of the rest of the gun grabers.
if you have been observant, you have seen our government preparing for just that.
they only seem to be waiting for the right opportunity to do this.

now you see boston police going into people homes, looking for this guy.
the president has been set. they now have the right to enter your home.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
fienstein is said to have said the answer to this is to take the guns away
(info wars radio )
I'll look fro a direct referenance

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

from what i understand congress can repeal eo's, and iirc there have been afew that have been.
but most have not.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The Supreme Court can revoke Executive Orders if they are found to be unlawful. It would take a long, drawn out court process but it CAN be done.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Could the use of Assualt Weapons by Boston Bombers / Suspects Spark a Excutive Order to Ban Assualt?

Yep when despots stoke the fires of fear any event can and will be used against you in a kangaroo court of mob mentality.

Just look at the last 13 years in this country far too many sheep are willing to trade liberty for "security", and we all have seen just how much of a false sense of security it is.

Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for security will soon find themselves having neither.

True story.
edit on 19-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

join