It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starry Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh, starry night sky,
you paint my mind with peace.
Each of your twinkling lights
offers sweet consolation.

Eons and decades long
you have sung your star songs.
I can hear your melody even now
and feel it caress my soul.

I join with all of creation,
while we reach up to touch you,
your light reaches down
to light our way.

We stand in awe,
souls open and raw,
wounded creatures
waiting to come home.

How far away and yet so near!
You have the power
to erase my foolish fear
and quiet my racing heart.

Your beauty and serenity
lift my soul from the ground,
and I soar with the wings
of your spirit.

Oh, precious night sky
let me fly with you.
Let me soar ever higher,
till we meet the morning sun
and the earth is reborn.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I liked it. I get a feeling too when I look up at the night sky. Its permanent.

Oh, precious night sky
let me fly with you.
Let me soar ever higher,
till we meet the morning sun
and the earth is reborn.

One day...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Since I am retired and live alone, writing and ATS have become my social media. Someday...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There is nothing like the vastness and beauty of the night sky to give perspective. Soaring with the night sky, wonderful imagery.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

We have so much ambient light around our cities that obscures our view of the night sky we often forget how awesome it is. We all have a chance to observe meteor showers peaking on the night of the 22nd of April, which ironically is Earth Day. I encourage people to get out of the city and spend some time to observe. I will be in the Boise, Idaho foothills taking it in.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I encourage people to get out of the city and spend some time to observe. I will be in the Boise, Idaho foothills taking it in.

Thanks for the heads up. I do live in a city but am fondly jealous thinking of the view from there. Nothing like laying on your back in an open field and listening to the heavens...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Isn't it interesting that every planet has its own sound? The universe appears to be an orchestra of frequencies!

I am sure when meteors are entering our atmosphere there must be one heck of a sound attached to that beautiful and sometimes dangerous fireworks.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

grayeagle, You've done it again....perfect!!
While reading your poem, I was reminded of that song I so love called, "Starry, Starry Night", relevant to the life of the master artist, Vincent VanGogh...my favorite artist. His painting of the stars and sky should be added to this thread. I will try and find a pic and add it here as long as I can find one the right size and all...I'm still learning how to post pics to threads. Regardless, your words resonate so well to me and I'm sure that is what the artist tried to convey to us all in his works as well. Great job...keep up the writing...love it my friend. You're a master artist with your words.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Your words are so kind! Thank you my friend. I must admit I found myself singing starry, starry night as well. I find myself seeking a closer connection with nature in all of its demonstrations. They say up in the Andes Mountains you can actually read a paper by just the star light. Now there is something real for my bucket list.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just two nights ago, I was walking around the neighborhood at night because I was pretty upset with some people... went to a park and sat on a swing, watching the sky.

The feeling I had watching the night sky, you captured flawlessly with this poem.

Well done! S&F!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

I found this picture and it is beautiful so I just had to share it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
How absolutely lovely and what a nice journey. Thank you!

Found this from ATS Radio Out Of the Box.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thank you for stopping by. I so appreciate your reply. I feel very humbled when I think about all the great writers in the world and all those right here on ATS and my poem was heard around the world. Which is the every day truth about ATS, even us little folks have an opportunity to be heard by others around the world.

top topics

join