It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

don't forget some important objects in your B.O.B like these....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
got one of these in mine now, forgot how useful they are..

cgi.ebay.com...:L:OC:US:3160

this also...good stuff to have..

cgi.ebay.com...

Of course I have 2 P-38's in there also..

I like the idea of the Magnesium shavings...

edit on 18-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
hi BM
darn i quit smoking ( 5 years and a half )

I use birtch bark, it has an oil that will light even when wet, and if the sun is shining I use my bifocal as a firestarter lens...

but if not, that Mg lights when wet and the solar thingy could be used to BBQ earth worms...nice little tools

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

yea, i used to have on of those solar lighters when i was younger..

Now that i am older I realize that they are more that just a fun thing to have..

could save my life, as long as the sun is out..

Damn those things get real hot....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I had to make one of these for my business (new government rule) and I really need to tone it down. I have yet to figure out how to do a search on ATS (takes me to Wikipedia and main web) but just one quick question - and it's a stupid one I'm sure - is this supposed to all fit in one backpack? I'm told it should but how does one fit water, food, first aid, er radio, etc into one backpack? I haven't figured it out but happy to redo it if any insight.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Yea, it's basically your Bug Out Bag..

fit what you can in there for short term survival in a SHTF situation..

go here and check it out..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I figure I'll share this with y'all, since it's the subject of starting fires:

(I wish I could find some of the the old metal film canisters). What my dad showed me when I was a kid is you stuff one with natural cotton for starting tinder. Take a couple and fill them with sawdust saturated with diesel fuel as a really awesome starting fuel.

You take a small bit of cotton and put some of your wood-fuel on it (it comes out clumpy, and you can kind of pack it together with your fingers). The cotton obviously ignites extremely easily, and burns just long enough and hot enough to effectively get the fuel going. The sawdust burns hot enough and long enough to get larger twigs going with extreme ease, even when it's damp out.

I know that some people think the diesel fuel is a dangerous idea, but in fact it's fairly safe. It's so oily, and not exactly volatile like gasoline. It doesn't fume out like gasoline, although it does stink. Also, it helps repel water from the sawdust. The wood/diesel combo is one of the most reliable fire starters I've ever used, and can be made in an apocalyptic situation and stored, as long as the container isn't affected by the fuel. Even old diesel fuel that's been sitting in a tank for ever works, as long as it can flow enough to soak into the sawdust.

new topics

top topics

join