It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't think conspiracies(ATS) influences popular culture? Yeah right...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So i made a thread about how ATS can be possibly influencing popular culture and i came up against a lot of resistance so let me clue you guys in on the affect websites like this are having on the world.

Keep thinking this is just a conspiracy site with a lot of news. YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO YOUR IDEAS and they spread like diseases.

Illumanti symbolism...

Are you kidding me? Is this video real?

This alone is proof enough of a few things.

1.) Marketing, they are making a play on popular culture by including illumanti ritual symbolism in their movies and music. They sometimes hide it to make it more appealing to the conspiracy minded but making a play on their subconscious affinity towards the symbolic imagery of the illumanti.

2.) They are actually illumanti and are incorporating their symbols into popular culture as a form of hypnosis and to further the power of their alchemical and magickal spells. They then add this symbol into imagery that corresponds with the intended use of the symbol during their ritual giving it more power.

That is just 2 simple examples of how we are currently affecting the world with our ideas and being either incorporated and used or assimilated into popular culture.

Be aware that what your doing here, saying here is being watched and used by either or.

Do i really need to provide more evidence to support my theory that we need to seriously be careful about what ideas we promote and we need to really keep our eyes peeled.

edit on 18-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Of course conspiracy influences our culture. It's actually part of it. Media and governments know that. Our culture is merged with CTs and urban legends. For the worst or for the best. I hope for the best...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Me to swann.. i just couldnt believe my ears when people kept telling me the conspiracy and truth movement werent real. They kept telling me ATS wasnt apart of it. Blowing my mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wish more people read and fully digested "Voodoo Histories: The Role of the Conspiracy Theory in Shaping Modern History" by David Aaronovitch. Most conspiracies have a root story; the players change era to era.

And the "artists" you use....really??? They are there to shock more than entertain. They will do anything to get people talking. You aren't driving them, they are driving YOU.

I don't find anything but stupid imagery, pulling out pieces of things someone said was "secret" at sometime. And you buy it. I can honestly say I have never heard anything Lil' Wayne has ever done. Nor Rhianna, or any of the other "celebrities" that show up here. How am I affected by anything they do? I'm not. I don't allow myself to be either.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Yeah why would you but that aspect of the post isnt directed at you, or me for that matter because why would i listen to lil'wayne. I cant stand the guy. What im pointing at is the fact that we do have an influence on pop culture.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I said this late last year that Conspiracy theorist were going to be the topic of 2013 and everyday i walk around with a smile that says I TOLD YOU SO. Its gotta so mainstream that even sites like this are not credible anymore. I cant only imagine how many people registered to this year. The only people benefiting are the owners of this site. they are going to be getting some fat paycheck this year.

Luckily for me i learned a lot about internet marketing, SEO's, and other internet business ventures. Follow the money trail.
edit on 18-4-2013 by solizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by swan001

Me to swann.. i just couldnt believe my ears when people kept telling me the conspiracy and truth movement werent real. They kept telling me ATS wasnt apart of it. Blowing my mind.

ATS is very much a part of it. This site has led me to sooo much info (equal parts good and bad) that I never EVER would have stumbled across otherwise.

And then I tell my friends and work associates what I've absorbed here, and they go online to check things out, and they tell their friends....
edit on 4/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Pretty much the same here. I sometimes introduce people to ATS but im somewhat selective about it.

Ive actually been socially outcast from a job once because of my views on government and what not. I couldnt believe that either.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I hope this site does influence popular culture! That would be fantastic!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I agree. It would be great if it was taken seriously and hey werent taking our power away from us by introducing these ideas in a unserious joking, associating it all with our #ty rap culture here in america putting a bad name on it type of way,

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ATS complicites equally as any person or organization who are letting the information out on the Illuminati/Elite. Alex Jones, David Icke, David Wilcock, Jesse Ventura...to name a few...They blatantly show their "power" through symbolism ( the one eye/triangles) because they want our complicity. It's all about free will and everyone's on it like American Idol.

That's why websites such as ATS and any other sources of info against the Illuminati function with little difficulty. You think BIG BROTHER would want the truth out EVERYWHERE? Actually, that is their exact plan.

You think it's hard to silence..aa let's say David Icke, maybe Alex Jones or anyone else against the Elite? Not..One...BIT. But they want YOU to know what they are up to. Thus, we become moral slave accomplices in their crimes because we can't do a damn thing about it.

ETA: I used to wonder why the Elite would reveal so much about their plans...Illuminati Cards....Music Videos...Video games. Has anyone played the new Bioshock game? I mean, are you friggin' serious? It's to show power over slaves. Like, "Hey look what we're doing, and guess what? You can't do shyt about it!"

Watch any of the Saw movies and you'll get the picture.

edit on 18-4-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

YOUR IDEAS and they spread like diseases.

It took you THIS LONG to figure out the whole point, eh?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Interesting thread. It reminds me very much of that old cliche "Does art imitate life, or life imitate art?

My only objection to your information and the way you are disseminating it is that "ideas," here, are "spreading likke a disease....," because the alternative is a lack of recognition, discussion, or discovery, of everything in your OP that you referenced for proof.

Purple vortex commented "they," want you to know what is going on.....of course. It's always been right under everyone's nose, just as time goes on is less and less disguised. And the goals of control of domination ever more obvious. But did these ideas start and spread from this website, and people discussing and/or acknowleding that?

It's almost as if in the seeking of some kind of "singularity," also sold in new age religion, as "we are all one," and the same kind of theme running throughout culture presently, the seeking to create "unity" in a "hive mind" is the only way that a lack of war, killing, judgement, divide and conquer amongst all possible lines will be allowed to happen. No one can be an individual, allowed to reach what Maslow described in his hierarchy of needs at the very top as "self actualization....." unless occupied by that singularity now being sold, promoted, infused into everything that surrounds us.
Let's say for a moment, we were all occupied by such a singular "hive mind," and let's say that the idea was being promoted that whatever that singularity projected, happened. Well, then, if you could control what you put into said singularity, you could cause all kinds of mayhem, could you not?

But I'm getting way tangential here and apologize for it.

They way I understand this thing people call "illuminati," is a coalescence of people who have had and want to retain power and control. And from what I have read, understood, the general idea is that if they make absolutely everything some kind of symbol, and attach some meaning to it, and then use every possible means to inculcate exteriorly, and interiorly, within and around people, then they feel they are "making" the reality they choose manifest.

So should people here searching for answers, or trying to warn, or connect or find something left to save and preserve some knowledge that this is what happened at this point, stop talking, warning, exchanging, trying to connect and disrupt what seems to be forced upon them?

I mean no disrespect....for I see clearly your point, and think about that daily. But the alternative is just shutting up and letting it happen. I don't know. Maybe neither matters, for it seems like a big circle to me that we just seem to be doing over and over, like hamsters in cages on wheels, running and spinning......

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
one must think only what one is told to think

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Those who rule the world would want us to know who they are. It seems they are gradually coming out of the closet. They want us to know they have power over us. That is the idea that motivated them first to seek control. What they can never understand is that the idea of freedom is far stronger than their lust for power. They are very clever at manipulation. They know how to make the conspiracy theorists look like outsiders. They use lies and disinformation on a scale so large that the truth is hard to find like the needle in the haystack. They are succeeding in presenting their critics, like ATS, as just another ring in a three-ring circus that people should not take seriously.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Not only do we influence pop culture - in more ways than one - but we are also unwittingly influenced by pop culture.

Remember during the 1990s there was a huge boom in UFO and abduction lore? Everything on TV was either about that or a fictional dramatization of it. (Sightings. X-Files. More docufiction shows that the History Channel today wishes it had. The alien abduction TV movie of the week was a thing for a while there.)

As another poster said, there is usually a root of truth or a seed of truth if you prefer inherent to conspiracy theories, even when the theories themselves turn out to be bogus. But what that truth may be becomes very rapidly obfuscated through cultural influence, especially on young people just learning about these subjects.

I don't discount the possibility that some of this is done by design for disinformation purposes. But I also believe it happens naturally through the entertainment industry trying to tap into what it perceives as "hot" at the moment. There have been periods when such subject matter, for being a supposedly "fringe" topic, has been pretty damned mainstream. And in so doing, it has been appropriated by fictional entertainment, and the two have intermingled. Especially in literature, which is much easier to pass off as "scholarly research" than television or music.

And that fictional entertainment then goes on to influence the minds of people just beginning to learn about all of these things, just as the conspiracy community influenced said entertainment in the first place. Sometimes it seems like a vicious circle. And this is why discernment and skepticism are important in my opinion.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If we consider that ATS has an influence on modern culture,

then we should each ask ourselves before posting,

"Am I being the change I want to see?"

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

If we consider that ATS has an influence on modern culture,

then we should each ask ourselves before posting,

"Am I being the change I want to see?"

Yeah this is exactly what im getting at.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

"Ive actually been socially outcast from a job once because of my views on government and what not. I couldnt believe that either."

I'm actually doing a sociological study on exactly this phenomenon. In essence the main questions I want to answer are whether certain knowledge types are stigmatised by society, whether this forces people into alternative, emergent technologies (the internet), and whether these people then form strong new communities through this transitory experience. Would you be interested in filling out a 19-question survey for my study? I would really appreciate it!
edit on 21-4-2013 by StudentType because: adding a quote from the person I am replying to to make it clear what I am referring to.

new topics

top topics

join