It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Mentions Something Very Weird About The Faillng Gold Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

"There's only one thing I someday hope I can find out. There were 53,000 contracts of gold sold immediately, in one sweep, the day that gold really crashed. Fifty-three thousand is huge, because the gold market is very small. Let's say we're a Chinese bank. We want to dump our treasuries and our dollars; we have $2 billion. You don't dump 'em in one day, because you lose your investment. The person who was getting rid of 53,000 contracts, why would they do that? If they wanted to just wean themselves off, they would have done it slowly."

www.slate.com...

That's one of the most interesting statements this year.
I've been researching a lot on why Gold fell, and I had not heard of this.

From what I've read the best I can guess is Obama's stimulus packages caused some surges and some declines, and his involvement in the market of course.

But the above, I did not think of that.

Who sold those 53k worth of gold?
How come THAT has not been in the news?
Where's the investigative journalism

Even if there's no conspiracy here, at least CNBC or Jim Cramer could have mentioned this.

53k worth of gold....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

no i think hes wrong
they would sell all at once because if they were to "wean" themselves the price would fall as what they are selling enters the market so they would get less and less every time they sell some off
it also makes a lot of sense to buy and sell in bulk if you are intending to manipulate the value of a commodity

....i dont think theres anything "weird" about this at all
edit on 18-4-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You don't see this in the news because of the other goings ons. Makes one think, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
gold was-is-will be priced at USD $1440.oo
that is the long term price determined by the Bilderberger meetings...
now the QEs in America might make the USD less valuable ~or~
both the USD and the Euro will devalue iin tandem

but that is the stable price that some analysts have been saying for over 2 years now

but after that temporary stable price has been met---- then the USD will suddenly fall from global grace and be replaced by a BRICS international infrastrucure bank who will have a gold backed money unit the world recognizes instead of the useless USD-Petro dollar

in any case---i am going to base my financial dealings on a $1440.oo gold price until the $ collapse

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

There is another gentleman in the gold market who has said that the price was manipulated because the COMEX had started to run out of physical to meet the real demand.

That they would have to go out into the open market and purchase gold which would cause prices to rise even more, putting more pressure on banks who have short positions.

Seems it would just be easier to start panic selling triggering stop losses, further sinking the price...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

"There's only one thing I someday hope I can find out. There were 53,000 contracts of gold sold immediately, in one sweep, the day that gold really crashed. Fifty-three thousand is huge, because the gold market is very small. Let's say we're a Chinese bank. We want to dump our treasuries and our dollars; we have $2 billion. You don't dump 'em in one day, because you lose your investment. The person who was getting rid of 53,000 contracts, why would they do that? If they wanted to just wean themselves off, they would have done it slowly."

www.slate.com...

That's one of the most interesting statements this year.
I've been researching a lot on why Gold fell, and I had not heard of this.

From what I've read the best I can guess is Obama's stimulus packages caused some surges and some declines, and his involvement in the market of course.

But the above, I did not think of that.

Who sold those 53k worth of gold?
How come THAT has not been in the news?
Where's the investigative journalism

Even if there's no conspiracy here, at least CNBC or Jim Cramer could have mentioned this.

53k worth of gold....

It's actually 53,000 contracts, big difference then 53k worth of gold.

I would have dumped them all in the same day too. Just the right shock value.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lukku

Typo, ya 53k worth of contracts
Good catch, didn't even notice that myself

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

no i think hes wrong
they would sell all at once because if they were to "wean" themselves the price would fall as what they are selling enters the market so they would get less and less every time they sell some off
it also makes a lot of sense to buy and sell in bulk if you are intending to manipulate the value of a commodity

No. Not how it works.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

no i think hes wrong

Yeah.... no, that's not how investors do it. They sell in increments to maximize profits.

The price of most everything of value is and will always be manipulated and gladtobehere is probably onto something. St Udio's comment is also interesting

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They are trying to depress the value of gold, so they can swoop back in later, after all of the panic selling has taken place, and buy it all back at pennies on the dollar.

Rothschild did the same thing in the London Stock exchange when he learned that Napoleon lost the war before anyone else did, he started selling his G-Bonds in the open at a frantic pace, and everyone else thought he knew something, and started dumping their bonds as well....

And he had his employees quietly buying them for pennies.....

Mad a mint that day.... I think he even called it "The best business I have ever done"

new topics

top topics

join