It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

picture of a star that i took, may not be what it seemed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hello ATS, i am a new member here and i signed up to share a couple pictures i have taken. I have more questions than answers and that is why i am here today sharing this with all of the wonderful minds at ATS to help me come to a conclusion on to what i have captured.

i have a very high facination with the stars and love to photograph them through my telescope. i notice that some stars seem a little different than others in a sense that they arent stars, but mimicking a star.

in the pics i post below you can clearly see "objects" orbiting the "star" to me which look like a ship but thats why im here to get anyones opinion as to what you might think these "objects" are.UFO? camera defect? so here is the first pic of the mimic star i photographed in october of 2012. it is unzoomed and the original photo.

star

this was near the orion constellation but it was not a main star that was recognizable in the constellation so i photographed it.

now the next photos i will show are zoomed in with contrast, brightness and color to get the full details of these pictures. nothing else was edited in the pics except what i mentioned above.

zoomed original
zoomed with color
full zoom with color

now that you have seen what i have seen i would like to know ATS, what do you think the "objects" are?

they are clearly not one entity and i have 100 photos of this same pic with the 100fps feature on my camera and they are all consistent with one another.so any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

-SDLF

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Not a flash reflection from your camera is it? I'm sure you have gone over that option, just trying to help.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
have you photographed the star on different nights?
if the anomaly is there multiple nights it would be interesting
i have no idea what it is

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Aliens man. No other explanation.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

no flash involved. straight through my camera

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

i have not seen it since

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

i hope not lol thats some scary ishh if thats the case. to the left of the star looks to me like a triangle craft with the front end opening and moving the other object around

edit on 18-4-2013 by stardustlifeform because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've never personally looked through a "good" telescope and after seeing that do know if I want to. Great pic though. Looking foward to hearing some theories.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i am new to this so i need to know how to upload this picture straight to here because imgur makes my pics small

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stardustlifeform

How is your camera attached to your telescope , to me it looks like the Star is behind the artifacts so it's probably a result of the camera lens or eyepiece of the telescope .

i am new to this so i need to know how to upload this picture straight to here

This handy step by step guide from SonoftheSun should help ....
Uploading and Embedding Pictures on ATS 2013

edit on 18-4-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Your zoomed original link may not be working for everyone.

Could there be any dust inside the telescope lens or camera? It does look like some kind of scatter. Thanks for posting BTW.

On posting the pics, go into 'tools' on the ATS toolbar at top, you will then see ATS uploads around the same position, go into that, and when it loads you will see a green box far left at the top.

Click on that to open the 'my pictures' on your computer. It will then upload your choice to ATS when you open that file. Left click on the thumbnail will get you to the full size picture, and copy the URL given at the bottom. Open the image icon in a new post box and paste the URL into it, after deleting the HTTP that appears, click preview to see if the image is appearing correctly, job done.
edit on 18-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

thanks for the info about the uploading pics. i use a t-ring adapter for my cam and telescope

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 18-4-2013 by stardustlifeform because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: Fixed tags

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hm my pics arent coming thru too well

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Are your pictures bigger than this? if so you may have used the thumbnail URL in the uploads page. only left click on that to get to the bigger image, and try using the full URL at the bottom. It's best you delete the pictures out of that post and try again.

edit on 18-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I would recommend you clean your lens.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

well the thing is, when you use a t-ring adapter for a telescope, you no longer have the camera lens attached so you are viewing everything through the telescope lens. and i clean that daily so ill rule out a dirty lens but thanks for the input.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If it was a normal star it would look like a disc. Did you see the shape of it without the camera first? I have heard of ufos disguised as stars before.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

this star was pulsating different colors and was much brighter than other stars surrounding it. looked like it was inside the atmosphere to me, but to answer your question,it was not solid and kept changing shape

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

this star was pulsating different colors and was much brighter than other stars surrounding it

Stars do that , It's called scintillation

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join