It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

When you have to ask permission to purchase a firearm, it is no longer a right.

It is a privilege.

I think we should keep it as a Right..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

I can only imagine that "DOTUS" is some silly name you have come up with instead of POTUS that you think is witty.

Dictator of the United States what should one call it after the legislative branch clearly functioned as it was suppose to, and the executive push forward with that agenda?

Yes, the will of the people overwhelmingly support additional gun control measures.

Not really because if they did that would have been reflected in the Senate vote, but then again the majority of people in this country do not even vote.

Guns and ammo are selling out because a minority is stockpiling them due to the fear campaign that was run by the Republcans and the Gun Industry/Lobby

As opposed to the fear campaign by the Potus and his supporters "for the children" when 99% of America has never experienced a mass shooting.

Of course they want you to fear your guns being taken from you...that's good business for them...and it worked.

I don't fear guns the only people using fear are those ones who are trying to ban them.
edit on 18-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The NWO is determined to disarm American citizens so they can get on with their program.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Obama knows that most Americans dont want gun control taken
any further than it already is. He does NOT represent the people,
only his agenda, to dismantle the United States.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It is a privilege.

If you are a evil person bent on killing as many people as possible, should you have the right to a gun?

Background checks are not asking permission to purchase a firearm. Background checks are a way of letting others know whether or not you are an evil person bent on killing as many people as possible.

We have had background checks for a very long time. Many, many people have purchased guns with these background checks in place. Closing the loopholes on existing background checks aren't going to stop sane, law-abiding people from purchasing their guns - just like always.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Obama knows that most Americans dont want gun control taken
any further than it already is. He does NOT represent the people,
only his agenda, to dismantle the United States.

Every poll done on the subject says otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

It is a privilege.

If you are a evil person bent on killing as many people as possible, should you have the right to a gun?

Background checks are not asking permission to purchase a firearm. Background checks are a way of letting others know whether or not you are an evil person bent on killing as many people as possible.

We have had background checks for a very long time. Many, many people have purchased guns with these background checks in place. Closing the loopholes on existing background checks aren't going to stop sane, law-abiding people from purchasing their guns - just like always.

Did a background check stop Lanza?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

Baloney.

Poll: Americans don’t think gun control is important

www.humanevents.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by kaylaluv

It is a privilege.

Did a background check stop Lanza?

It might have stopped James Holmes in Aurora. He purchased his guns online - with no background check.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It might have stopped James Holmes in Aurora. He purchased his guns online - with no background check.

I asked if a background check would have stopped Lanza, and I get Holmes?

By law all internet purchases are shipped to FFL"S, and the person can only pick them up after a BACKGROUND check.

Nice try that dog don't hunt.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I asked if a background check would have stopped Lanza, and I get Holmes?

By law all internet purchases are shipped to FFL"S, and the person can only pick them up after a BACKGROUND check.

Nice try that dog don't hunt.

It would have stopped Lanza's Mother who was considered as a Paranoid Survivalist, and guess what?, she owned the guns, not her son. Fail - Next.

Friends and family have portrayed Mrs Lanza as a paranoid ‘survivalist’ who believed the world was on the brink of violent collapse.

Link

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

It would have stopped Lanza's Mother who was considered as a Paranoid Survivalist, and guess what?, she owned the guns, not her son. Fail - Next.

Fail: stereo typing Lanza's mother

Fail considering Connecticut gun control laws that can be read here: www.nraila.org...

Next.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I good indication would be the 23 he already signed.
CNN

I especially like #14:

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

Now it's a disease......What brainiacs we have in office. Gun Condoms, coming to store near you for the prevention of gun violence. Wonder how much money we will spend on this "research".

edit on 18-4-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

When you have a broken Congress, where majority votes aren't enough to do the will of the people, then Obama should step in and do what he can by himself.

Hmmmmmm, where have I seen / heard that type of mentality in regards to Government?? Oh, silly me, it was right HERE in front of me the whole time.

I Love my Government, I Love my Leader. Bahhhh Bahhhhh Bahhhh!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Baloney.

Poll: Americans don’t think gun control is important

www.humanevents.com...

There is a whole thread on this and I pointed out how it is being mis-interpreted.

They asked what is the "most important problem facing the country today". Just because someone doesn't put gun control as their #1 most important issue doesn't mean they don't support gun control. I support gun control, but it isn't in my top 5 of "most important" issues.

But when a poll asks if they support more gun control measures, people overwhelmingly support it.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
They are just begging for serious civil unrest at the minimum... worst case is they set in motion a war between the people and the government. Absolute insanity.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Serious question here.... Gun owners really dont think a universal background check is a good idea? I may be naive ignorant but if you dont have a criminal background and are mentally stable you should have nothing to worry about. Right? Someone educate me briefly.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Good for Obama, there is a lot he can do with EOs...and it may just be stricter than anything that had a chance in Congress.

When you have a broken Congress, where majority votes aren't enough to do the will of the people, then Obama should step in and do what he can by himself.

He gave the Republicans a chance to be for the people and not suck the boots of the NRA and big money lobby, they failed.

Really? You think POTUS should be doing the job of Congress, legislating from the Oval Office? Do you understand the concept of separation of powers?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
Serious question here.... Gun owners really dont think a universal background check is a good idea? I may be naive ignorant but if you dont have a criminal background and are mentally stable you should have nothing to worry about. Right? Someone educate me briefly.

Serious answer:

Gun owners are acutely aware of the gun laws already on the books when people say they would support tougher laws when they already have to jump through hoops that government already has in place?

Answer most gun owners don't.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

They didn't have enough of a majority even on the Democrat side. That is the way the cookie crumbles my friend, and it doesn't give the President the right to legislate from the Oval Office just because you think he is right.

I wonder if you are far-left leaning or if you are just too young to have been taught why our Founding Fathers fought the Revolutionary War and why they thought it was important for citizens to be armed.
edit on 18-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join