It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Lest some forgot this is the topic:

Joe Biden says the president of the United States is preparing to take "executive actions" to deal with guns.

RIp the Us constitution the current Potus Champion Dictator in Chief, not much else

If he only read the constitution, instead burning it.

Our future children might have grown up in a less totalitarian state.

Lest their parents forgot their rights have never came from the DOTUS or the shame that is known as the US Federal Government,.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
reply to post by neo96

RIP - Here lies neo96. Champion Poster at ATS, but not much else.

If only he acted on his Rage, somehow other than Posting it.

Lest we Forget.

And you are doing what?

One liner should be acceptable in this case.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh and another thing- getting govt to stop people from groping other people at the airport is not the same as a judicial process to remove corrupt leaders who let those people you speak of in those positions in the first place.

Nice avatar.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

reply to post by Common Good

Please stop, and don't enable:

The topic is :

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My apologies.... I shouldn't have gone that far Neo. I'm sorry.

Biden did state later this week..... As in Friday? Or by Monday these EO's will be dished out by our POTUS? Do we even know for sure? Or will this be another random EO's State of the Union address?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

You are right- thats why we are trying to make govt accountable for running guns into Mexico.

Thats why we are trying to stop them from buying up all the ammunition and leaving the people with nothing,

Wanna talk about arming yourselves and how crazy it is- Then they should be put in the mental home for stockpilling and operating the largest aresonel on the entire planet.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good for Obama, there is a lot he can do with EOs...and it may just be stricter than anything that had a chance in Congress.

When you have a broken Congress, where majority votes aren't enough to do the will of the people, then Obama should step in and do what he can by himself.

He gave the Republicans a chance to be for the people and not suck the boots of the NRA and big money lobby, they failed.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The cry baby, spoiled little brat will get what he wants one way or another. Forget about what the flyover states want. As long as Hollywood and NYC are happy.... Obama is happy. The dems can kiss 2014 good bye if Obama has the balls to really make this move. Then it will all be repealed anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by beezzer
The guns are just a reflection of the authority the US Constitution has granted us.

Obama doesn't want to get rid of guns per se he wants to get rid of the authority the American people have over the politicians.

Sorry Beez, the Constitution grants us nothing. Our rights are inherent from our creator, not from government or a piece of parchment. The Constitution grants limits to the power of Federal government.

I know the people are supposed to have authority over our politicians but they remind me of cockroaches - you swat one another just pops up somewhere else. I disagree about the guns - he would get them out of the public's hands if he could.

Apologies.

The Constitution acknowledges the authority granted to us by our Creator.

What if there is no creator? Is it possible we just made up rights that we like?

And if there even was a creator, do you think he would want crazy people to be able to get a gun to kill others? Is this creator quoted somewhere as saying, "closing loopholes for background checks is an abomination"?

And if tragedies just happen, thus are unpreventable -- why do we bother even having any laws and punishments at all? Why do we bother owning guns at all -- I mean guns are used to prevent tragedies, right? Why try to prevent a tragedy happening to you, if tragedies are just meant to happen in this world?

This proposed legislation did not involve taking away anyone's guns. This legislation did not involve a registry. This legislation did not involve stopping sane, law-abiding citizens from purchasing guns. All this legislation did was close some loopholes in existing background checks. Yes - to try to prevent tragedies. Something apparently this so-called "creator" doesn't want us to do - except when it involves keeping our AR-15. Excuse me, but this creator is a bit of a nimrod. I guess he's an NRA member.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Not to go OT but there's another thread talking about the Moloch Ritualistic Child Sacrifice thing a mabober / Illuminati.... Not that I feed into it but there's a laundry list of dubious debacle that shroud's this weekend in April.... I wonder if any of this will come to fruition... Not Moloch.... But something like EO State of the Union... Enough to expose Obama for the Treasonous POTUS that he is showing himself to be..... I would wish no harm on anyone but It feels really awry this weekend... Maybe it's the Storm in Chicago i'm currently enduring.....

I do sleep well in storms though

Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

When you have a broken Congress, where majority votes aren't enough to do the will of the people, then Obama should step in and do what he can by himself.

The will of the people?

Really?

Our rights are not dictated by our neighbors, or government really is amazing some think that.

The will of the people is why guns have sold out, ammunition shortages clearly the "will of the people" is not the will of the current DOTUS.

Clearly the DOTUS actions are going against the "will of the people".

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You can't repeal an EO. They would have to pass a law that makes the EO invalid.

I'm not worried at all about 2014, there are some Republicans that are in danger...and there are democrats that have been really weak and voting with Republcians that are going to be primaried. The right, especially the Tea Party, has lost it's steam...the sounding defeat in 2012 has them finally realizing that they are the minority in this country...I believe moral has been broken.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by LogicGrind

The will of the people?

Really?

Our rights are not dictated by our neighbors, or government really is amazing some think that.

The will of the people is why guns have sold out, ammunition shortages clearly the "will of the people" is not the will of the current DOTUS.

Clearly the DOTUS actions are going against the "will of the people".

I can only imagine that "DOTUS" is some silly name you have come up with instead of POTUS that you think is witty.

Yes, the will of the people overwhelmingly support additional gun control measures. Guns and ammo are selling out because a minority is stockpiling them due to the fear campaign that was run by the Republcans and the Gun Industry/Lobby. Of course they want you to fear your guns being taken from you...that's good business for them...and it worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join