It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will all the people claiming "Sandy Hook was a conspiracy to take our guns away!" now apologize?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since December many - indeed, if not MOST - of the threads on here alleging a Sandy Hook conspiracy of any kind always stated the motive was that the US government was seeking for a way to take our guns away. Well, in case anyone has not noticed, the gun reform bill proposed by Obama failed in spectacular fashion in the senate. Politico reports that the measure is good as dead, and any promise by Obama or reform supporters to keep fighting is bluster. There is an thread on it on the front page. This isn't about the failure of the bill itself though, which is why I am posting a different thread.

The fear mongering over this had very real consequences. I wasn't able to buy guns or ammo for months because people were hysterically panic buying - convinced due to threads they read on sites like this that the government was going to take their guns or make it hard for them to get more. Even today most of the ammo is way overpriced because shop owners know they can profit from the fear, and people keep buying it.

I won't even get into the very obvious fact that if Sandy Hook was a conspiracy to take away guns, then the government is both capable of a heinous, terrible conspiracy to murder children but yet incapable of getting its own politicians (who would be on the conspiracy payroll) to go along with the plan.

I thought about linking the first dozen or so threads on ATS search I found that came up with this, but let me see if anyone will apologize on their own: any regrets over the fear mongering now? I admit I am expecting none - indeed I expect everyone who engaged in this behavior to feverishly rationalize it - but I do hold out a sliver of hope.
edit on 18-4-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

Are you blind? Did you not see how hard they pushed for Gun Control Legislation? Did you not see how angry the POTUS was at his blatent defeat?

This sir. Is an ignorrant post. YOU ANSWER IS NO!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
Since December many - indeed, if not MOST - of the threads on here alleging a Sandy Hook conspiracy of any time always stated the motive was that the US government was seeking for a way to take our guns away. Well, in case anyone has not noticed, the gun reform bill proposed by Obama failed in spectacular fashion in the senate. Politico reports that the measure is good as dead, and any promise by Obama or reform supporters to keep fighting is bluster.

The fear mongering over this had very real consequences. I wasn't able to buy guns or ammo for months because people were hysterically panic buying - convinced due to threads they read on sites like this that the government was going to take their guns or make it hard for them to get more.

I won't even get into the very obvious fact that if Sandy Hook was a conspiracy to take away guns, then the government is both capable of a heinous, terrible conspiracy to murder children but yet incapable of getting its own politicians (who would be on the conspiracy payroll) to go along with the plan.

I thought about linking the first dozen or so threads on ATS search I found that came up with this, but let me see if anyone will apologize on their own: any regrets over the pointless fear mongering now?

You must be in lala land because they are still using it as a basis to take guns, they are currently taking guns, they are trying hard to continue and go harder on taking guns and there is plenty of evidence that may not completely prove it was a false flag but really makes you doubt the official story.. As well as I still hear now daily anytime someone on the news talk about assault weapons and ar15's that its the same gun used in the tragic sandy hook.. and it wasn't so yah, U need ot get a clue.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
did you not see the pres talk about how we need this bill yesterday after it didnt pass? it was on every station

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

They may not have been responsible but they sure as hell spun the information.

4 hand guns used not an AR15.

You must be blind to not see what is going on.
edit on 18-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why would I do that? With President Obama parading those poor parents around like some sort of emotional currency for manipulation?

Why would I apologize when after a political decision those parents democrats put those poor parents on TV CRYING? as if to say "Look what you've done, you've killed my child all over again!"

NO way! It seems more clear than ever that no matter what did or didn't happen AT Sandy Hook, it was USED after the fact for a political agenda to attack the 2nd amendment.

NO.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Are you blind? Did you not see how hard they pushed for Gun Control Legislation? Did you not see how angry the POTUS was at his blatent defeat?

This sir. Is an ignorrant post. YOU ANSWER IS NO!

Sorry but you are displaying your complete ignorance. Anyone who followed the bill noted that it never had a chance and the White House knew it:

"Obama wasn’t watching the proceedings closely on C-SPAN because he already knew the whip count; over the last few days, the president personally lobbied most of the red and purple state Democrats and Republicans sitting on the fence, and had already vented his frustration with a handful of Democratic hold-outs who were waiting to see what other would do before committing."
Read more: www.politico.com...

But of course, what does politico, the most accurate non-biased source in Washington, know about the bill? So, Sandy Hook is a massive conspiracy to take our guns away yet the government is malicious enough to plan the event but too incompetent to get politicians to vote its way?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So, who exactly are YOU to come on here and demand apologies from people who were simply expressing their opinions on this matter? Your opinion is that all is well with the government and they love us and would never want to infringe on our rights, whereas others believe that Sandy Hook was in fact a psyop in order to take away our guns.

I should make a thread DEMANDING your apology for having an opinion that differs from others on this site.

Grow up or get off the internet.

Good god.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I for one will not , for it is not over, if anything this is the beginning of the GUN GRAB here is a link saying the fight is not over firstread.nbcnews.com... from the link

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced the decision on the floor Thursday. He said he spoke to President Barack Obama and the two agreed the best way to move forward was to “hit pause.”
so a pause it is , for them to think of new ways of getting your guns ammo and Mags, as from the gun grabbers point of view here is the poster child second to Brady, for he was the first form the above link

"Speaking is physically difficult for me. But my feelings are clear: I’m furious," former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wrote in a New York Times opinion piece published after the vote. Giffords was shot at a Tucson grocery store as she met with constituents in 2011.

Win Mcnamee / Getty Images

Father of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victim, Mark Barden introduces President Barack Obama as former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Vice President Joe Biden and family members of the Newtown shooting victims look on in the Rose Garden of the White House on April 17, 2013.

Of the senators who voted no, she wrote: "I’m asking citizens to go to their offices and say: You've disappointed me, and there will be consequences."
Just the opposite I would say citizens: to go to their offices and say: thank you for standing up and defending the US Constitution, and not letting one more freedom be trampled on.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the majority of the Senate is not on board with mr hussein's agenda, and just because they had the common sense to pick apart this whole conspiracy like some of us on here, doesn't mean that there was no conspiracy in the first place. You sir are truly ignorant, especially for the fact that you are acting like we've reached the end of this whole gun control lunacy. It's not over until the president says it is, have you not realized this by now, or are you too busy gobbling up his every word to think about such matters?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Maybe all the people claiming "Sandy Hook was a conspiracy to take our guns away!" are the reason so many people saw through the lies.

engage brain.....

MOTF!
edit on 18-4-2013 by MessOnTheFED! because: sometimes i fight with my 'inner redneck'

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
I for one will not , for it is not over, if anything this is the beginning of the GUN GRAB here is a link saying the fight is not over

Pure bluster:

But privately, administration officials were looking ahead to the far more sanguine prospects of negotiating a bipartisan immigration reform bill — and expressed hope that clearing the decks on guns would raise prospects for a faster agreement. Despite Obama’s vow to fight on, one senior adviser to the president said “it was a fair question” to ask if Obama’s old campaign apparatus, Organizing for Action, could help create a groundswell of protest against the “no” voters in each party.

Read more: www.politico.com...

By the way, I suspected these sort of responses would be the norm. No, expressing a baseless conspiracy claim about Sandy Hook with no evidence is not "just an opinion", and when the evidence clearly shows you were wrong you should admit it. But of course not. The facts prove: there is no conspiracy to get your guns, or else the government is totally incompetent to pull off a simple legislative vote yet capable of the mass murder of children. I am sure all the fear mongers will rationalize it that way.

The fear mongers were wrong. I am going to link to this thread in the next 3, 6, 9, and 12 months asking where the conspiracy is as the bill remains dead. I expect I will get more of the same in-denial responses. If you ever wondered why the public does not take conspiracy theorist seriously, see the responses to this thread. Its not about the truth for you people, its about spreading fear and fostering unneeded hysteria.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do you seriously not see what was tried? It almost worked.

I am not saying that Sandy hook was done by the government, but the opportunity was grabbed and it was used for the purpose of eliminating the 2nd amendment.

It was disgusting and thank God it wasn't successful.

So no apology for you. And no soup for one year.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The mass murder at Sandy Hook was a tragedy. Nothing can be said or done to make it ever anything less.

What everyone is upset with - is how politicians took this tragedy, exploited the victims, to further their political agenda.

Thank god we shot that law down, and shame on our politicians - for using a tragedy as a flag to wave.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Conspiracy websites are not responsible for your inability to find guns and ammo. Gun sales have been rising since obama was elected. There aren't enough conspiracy theorists to buy up all that ammo. Its being hoarded by the government and by gun owners who see the writing on the wall, not a website.

Moreover, just because an attempt fails, that's no reason to declare "no harm done". When someone attempts a murder and the victim survives, the assailant still gets locked up.

Not compelled to apologize.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Why are you even here then? You are bashing conspiracy theorists. After looking at all of your posts, it seems that your only purpose here is to discredit and degrade conspiracy theorists. Why do conspiracy theorists affect your life so much to the point where you have to sign up to post on a forum (which is clearly dedicated to conspiracy theories) just to humiliate them? You are either a troll or a sad individual who lives a lonely, pointless life.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You sir need to wake up. As I found your Title and your whole OP very ignorrant to the FACTS~ Gain some perspective my friend.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I wasnt here for the sandy hook, but assume you post this in 3 months about the boston bombing, then because im skeptical that it was a set up, Doesnt mean i have to apologize about that at all!!!!!

Question everything!
edit on 18-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

the gun reform bill proposed by Obama failed in spectacular fashion in the senate.

Yes, the handwringers lost. The fraidycats will crawl back to their holes, until next time. There will always be a next time.

Besides, less guns doesn't help the gun manufacturers any, so it really wasn't about that. It was about establishing a heavier police presence everywhere. And they always use these episodes as an excuse to do that. There is no voting on that aspect. It is automatic.

Todays "policy" is tomorrows law.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I think I figured him out. He is a forum slider. Look at all of his posts. Funny that he joined on Dec 14th as well. Just saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join