It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weather is changing , time for a crop circle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Anyone in the south west of the United Kingdom will tell you this has been the coldest wettest start to the year for a while. The temp has been hovering around the zero degrees centigrade for months and months. Because of this its been much to cold for teams of people to be out all night stomping out crop circles. We usually get at least 1 or 2 around Easter if the weather is warm enough.

But over the last few days the weather has started to change. We have had sun for a change and its been getting warmer at night. I predict it wont be long before the teams will be out stomping crops for this years season of crop circles.

I guessing there will be the usual array of cryptic space based themes this year with maybe a focus on the up coming comets that are due to come close at the end of this year and in 2014. I'm sure many of the jobless so called 'crop circle researchers' will be out touring the lecture circuit telling everyone that these are messages of impending doom for mankind (at a entry price of course). They will be out claiming its impossible for these design to to be made in 'just a few hours' by '2 drunken old men with boards' along with all the other tried an tested phrases that they use to keep people paying for their lectures, books, videos, photos, posters, DVD's, CD's, postcards, jigsaws and other assorted overpriced merchandise.

They will be claiming that many of the designs are man made but "some" are not..They like to tell us that the 'real' circles have things like bent stalks in them but the only evidence they have to prove this is a couple of old photographs of a handful of deformed stalks. This is probably 20 out of anything up million stalks that get flattened throughout a large design. Then people go away thinking its all the stalks that are bent like this. Sadly its not its just a few deformed stalks maybe 1 in every few 1000.

Im sure these will get great coverage in the less reputable UK newspapers like 'The Sun' and 'The Mirror' as they know lots of people love to read about the designs.

I know lots of people like to think these are made by aliens etc but the fact that they only pop up when the weather is good enough for us fragile humans to be out messing around in fields should at least raise you suspicions that these are just hoaxers having a laugh at your expense. The way each design is only done in fields that have track lines going through them which makes it easy for teams of people to get in an out without leaving any tracks should speak volumes. The fact it only ever happens under the cover of night were people can sneak in and out unseen usually very close to a road should also be a clue to the obvious hoax. Hell even the fact that they are only ever made in crops that a human would find easy to flatten with a board tied to a couple of ropes should give the game away. You never see these designs flattening large tough thorny bushes or groups of trees.

We are all looking for evidence of aliens but you wont find it stomped out in a field in the south west of the UK. Either way im still looking forward to a few pretty designs

edit on 18-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

S & F

You have just wrote correctly how i think about crop circles, couldn't agree more or maybe aliens don't like been out in the cold too..... there small and hairless remember

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

lol, funny how the english weather interferes with orbs and saucers

i think the locality of pubs helps too. perhaps they use real ale for fuel?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

But over the last few days the weather has started to change. We have had sun for a change and its been getting warmer at night

And hasn't taken its time , I was starting to think the Ice age had started

It seems the circlers are prepared and ready ...

After checking in, we will enjoy a dinner. During (and after) this dinner we will get better acquainted with each other. Who is in the group? What motivated you to come on this expedition? Before retiring for the night, we will hand out two items; a map of Wiltshire so you can keep track of your 2013 Crop Circle Expedition, and a journal so you can write down all the magic and phenomenon you encounter on a moment by moment basis.
Opening of the 2013 CCaM Crop Circle Expedition

Now all we need is for our space brothers to start the stomping ..

Love Crop Art

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

It seems the circlers are prepared and ready ...

After checking in, we will enjoy a dinner. During (and after) this dinner we will get better acquainted with each other. Who is in the group? What motivated you to come on this expedition? Before retiring for the night, we will hand out two items; a map of Wiltshire so you can keep track of your 2013 Crop Circle Expedition, and a journal so you can write down all the magic and phenomenon you encounter on a moment by moment basis.
Opening of the 2013 CCaM Crop Circle Expedition

Thank you gortex for the most perfect example of so called 'crop circle researchers' trying to cash in.

This is from their site :

The price for this eight day trip is US $2750.00 *

The tour price is based on two participants sharing a double bedroom.
A single room supplement of US $400.00 will be charged to anyone requesting a single room or who register alone and for whom no suitable room mate is available.

Non Refundable Deposit – US $500.00 due by April 15, 2013 to secure your space.
The remaining US $2250.00 due by May 15, 2013.

NO refunds are possible after 1 June 2013 unless you find someone to take your place.

Sometime i wish i was on the other side of the fence spreading the lies and cashing in myself

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey, what if the aliens just don't need de-icer on their planet?? Or what if they're scared of landing in case they get stuck in the mud?? And who'd notice a crop circle in a ploughed field, man? It has to be done when it warms up...

Nah, south west? Try being in the north east. I don't think we've ever had a crop circle up here. It's depressing to think that even the aliens don't like us. Sigh.
(Equally, weather doesn't bother us. It's shorts weather when it's snowing up here. Ice? Bring out the heels! But as soon as it's warm we're straight down the pub to dehydrate ourselves in the local beer garden!)

Nice thread, you put your point across very well

Tell you what mind, they REALLY like Wiltshire. www.ukcropcircles.co.uk...

ETA: I would really love for someone to make one with like an entire essay in Gallifreyan about something really pointless. It'd take months to decode and when they do, it's just like about cheese or shoes. It'd make my YEAR.
edit on 18/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well im seriously surprised that an ATS site administrator would very quickly step in move this thread from a forum that's about "extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects" to a forum that's about "highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many". What ever happened to being able to have a fair discussion on ATS?

Even WIKI states that :

The scientific consensus is that crop circles are almost entirely man-made with a few possibly due to meteorological or other natural phenomena.

I would have been more than happy to engage in a sensible discussion with the site administrator here in the thread if they have an opinion that's different to mine and that of the majority of main stream science.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Your argument couldn't get anymore basic on this topic

I could probably search Crop Circles on Wiki and find your post, along with anything you read or watch on the subject

The only way you're going to help yourself, others, and us is by getting your buddy in the next couple days while your weather is "warm" and make a very complicated Crop Circle for us, in one night.
HF BTW

seriously, a couple degrees over 0 wouldn't stop me from making a crop circle, if i was the one doing it
edit on 18-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Your argument couldn't get anymore basic

Truth does not have to be complex. Lies on the other hand often are..

I could probably search Crop Circles on Wiki and find your post,

please be my guest

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

make a very complicated Crop Circle for us, in one night.

Already been done

The truth is out there

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

well said and i couldnt agree more... that it is highly speculative that some guys from down the road did these in league with a farmer who grew up with their dad rather than other unproven powers is quite remarkable.
by this standard every thread in ats belongs in the skunk works. ridiculous and laughable.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well we have had a few days of great weather in the south west UK so the circle stompers will be out very soon now.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There's only been 1 circle in Wiltshire this season so far, (and only 1 other circle reported on cropcircleconnector.com in Italy).

What's going on?

Is the weather really bad?

Have all the old pros retired?

Maybe taking a year off to watch the tourism industry crash and burn?

I predict some impressive circles may appear late in the season after all the tours that are booked are well over.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Well im seriously surprised that an ATS site administrator would very quickly step in move this thread from a forum that's about "extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects" to a forum that's about "highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many". What ever happened to being able to have a fair discussion on ATS?

Even WIKI states that :

The scientific consensus is that crop circles are almost entirely man-made with a few possibly due to meteorological or other natural phenomena.

I would have been more than happy to engage in a sensible discussion with the site administrator here in the thread if they have an opinion that's different to mine and that of the majority of main stream science.

Good job on the administrator, after all you are offering an opinion all based on speculation (which many may disagree) so "highly speculative that may not be substantiated by many" sounds like a better choice in my opinion. Good catch.

PS. you recently commented several times in other crop circle threads which was categorized the same way, why so surprised?

I agree with your ideas, but existing crop circle threads had many varied responses to the topic.

Great thread nonetheless would love to see what other members think.

Wow look at the quality of this masterpiece crop circle

www.cropcircleconnector.com...
edit on 7-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join