It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local and Natural Food Resource

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This morning our news station from Medford Oregon was talking about how we should NOT eat home grow foods as children are getting ill from pesticides and growing food at home was a health risk.

It seem clear we are wanted to eat GMO foods and stop trying to avoid whatever we are being fed.

I wondered how many here know about this organization. They may have some healthier alternatives near you.
They are also more human sources for food.

www.localharvest.org

www.localharvest.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This is an example from our area, we are vegetarian but if I ate meat i would look for a place like this.

We are located about 6 miles north of Crescent City, CA off Hwy 101. Pick up at ranch or in Crescent City We raise pasture finished Highland Cattle, rotationally grazed. No corn, no steroids, no growth hormones, no anti-biotics and no parasite drenches. Meat is USDA slaughtered, vacuum packed and flash frozen. Pricing begins at $5 per pound for ground round, and goes up accordingly. Most ground round packages are approximately 1 pound. Roasts and Steaks are mostly boneless.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Because I purchase a calf and have it raised by someone else, no antibiotics or hormones, I am afraid our wonderful government is going to try to put a stop to this, just like they did here with "sharing" a dairy cow for the milk.

I already grow my own veggies and preserve everything without the use of any pesticides or whatnot, except that if I have excess, I don't sell it, I just give it away.

With more and more people becoming aware of GMO's, I can only see our government trying harder and harder to make laws forcing us to eat this crap.

I will not.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The sad part is that many people will buy the idea hook line and sinker, just because it was on the news.
Hopefully more people wake up to the reality and satisfaction that their food produced by their own hands is so much healthier because we KNOW what is going into it, we have the control over our own gardens and animals to keep them safe.

They are overreaching way too far.
Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Our weather is changing, we had so little sunlight our greenhouse produced very little, usually our greens are abundant year round from it. Seems resources for decent food is getting less and less for us here. The foods we buy from the stores are getting down right scary!
That is why I am looking for other resources and a couple are listed on the website i found listed in the OP, but not much for us in our cloudy coastal area! Sure like seeing the animals actually get to live a more pleasant life like the chickens above though. The eggs we get come from a place like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I have similar issues with the gardens because I am in Alaska. We have learned to rely on the things that grow the best rather than the ones that taste the best, my young boys even eat brussels sprouts!
I trust what I grow with my own hands long before what we have to purchase at the store.

We then try to focus on the rest of our diet. We are lucky though to live in a place where I have ptarmigan walk through my yard on a regular basis, so we rely on the wild bounty as well as what I grow. It is more of a matter of changing our thought processes to enjoy what we do have available around us.
Growing up my favorite meal was pheasant in the crock pot with wild rice, now the stupid chickens take the place of the pheasant. The woods offer up greens, herbs and mushrooms as well as the critters and the berries.

The control freaks in our government need to give up this fight against our food. We are not hurting anyone, only making our families healthier. Maybe they should be more focused on the people who want to and are causing real harm instead.

*Forgive the post, I have boys doing a magnet experiment, and I have to keep tying on the magnets, I lost my train of thought a couple of times.*

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Kale I have by the ton lol! I am the only one that likes it, 3 kinds and they even seeded onto the greenhouse floor anyway they are food and healthy food so i am glad to have them! I have never been able to grow a tomato without white midue killing them. Love brussel sprouts but again mold kills them. Sounds like your family is pretty lucky. I have a sister in Keni but she is not into healthy

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Cow’s milk is the complete nutrition for your child. Like adults, your child’s diet should also include 3 meals and two nutritious snacks every day. Teach him healthy food habits like green vegetables and fresh fruits. You should try to avoid low nutritious food items for your child likes sweet dessert, candies, soft drinks and chips. A proper nutritious diet can reduce large number of medical problems. It also increases the stamina of your child.
---------------

WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Healthy food like Fruits , green vegetables, eggs, dairy product, nuts are really useful for human health So make healthier food in very interesting ways ..... eat healthy stay healthy in your whole life.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Give me a heads up if you ever come visit her. I will show you my gardens, and maybe even my berry patches if it's the right time of the year. It is about time to go fishing here soon as well to fill the freezers.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I would love that! Thank you! So far we have had very little sun, my tomatoes are still tiny! We are getting a ton of lettuce and kale and spinach though! Green onions do great, no onions that get a bottom they just don't develop.

Hope you are having a wonderful Spring!

top topics

join