It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My most recent video from Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This video is less than a week old. Hope you enjoy.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Awesome I love the idea of checking things out in person like this. I've thought about doing some videos like this as soon as I'm financially capable. Awesome informational introduction about how to get to Peekaboo peak, thanks.
edit on 18-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Thank you very much. It was a crazy video to film. I'm still at odds as to what the heck we captured but the trip was amazing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Awesome video thanks!!

Its interesting to see the camo dudes using Ford Raptors now! Large offload improvement over the base model army Chevys.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

They romp in those Raptors as well. Their typical speed down Groom Lake Rd is somewhere north of 80mph.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So no video of the red line/ blue dome phenomena? I'm curious because you guys don't mention flight patterns or movement, just what I assume is a picture that caught a reflection or had a laser shined into the lens.

If you do have a video I would like to see it to experience your frame of perspective.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

No video of it, only the still image. We never saw it with our naked eye. It was only after the shutter closed (57 seconds) that we realized that there was something in the picture. No tricks, no hoax, no reflection. Whatever the red lines are were moving very slowly (but faster then a star). The blue/green dish thing hovered.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
can you please post a link to the original photograph, unedited.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc4hire

Please provide a (screenshot) of what you are talking about...thank you!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
cool video.......... would love to visit that place one day

link   
hello. i have captured multiple images of this craft myself, but these were in space! not a camera trick i agree, just baffles the mind a little.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5

my best guess is that these are the so called "flying rods/cigars"

link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It hasn't been released yet by the photographer (my best friend who was with me). Once I get his link, I'll be happy to post it.
Sorry for the delay.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The lens used was a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 F2.8 L IS II with an extender?

Its a bit hard to tell from the video, that might even be a telescope.

edit on 18-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'm not following. If you're talking about the picture in my video then please look again. We listed the camera and the specs in the video.
We did have a telescope with us but hardly used it. It got messed up during the hike up Tikaboo.
edit on 18-4-2013 by usmc4hire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

lol yeah , sorry my bad . I was just going by the picture of the lens on the tripod.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This is one of the better Area 51 videos on youtube. The music isn't in the way, and the voice over is pretty good.

Just a few comments. First, the distance of the hike sort of depends on your tolerance of off-road driving. The route to Tikaboo from route 93 is documented on this page:
Tikaboo route at the top
It comes from a GPS. For the hike, it is a mixture of a few GPS tracks since accuracy isn't so great under canopy. Anyway, one person lost an axle doing the last mile on the road. With only one vehicle, you probably want to avoid that last mile of driving. I hope people note you have a full size spare. Over the years, I have had 3 flats around the range. One doesn't count because I was using street tires, but two were with off road tires. And hard to believe, but they were both in the relatively nice part of the drive up Tikaboo, not in the rough section. [Nothing like changing a tire in 95 degree F heat.]

I've been much closer to the camo dudes. I've had them drive right past me. This was over by Bald Mountain. That area has a lot of routes and the dudes can get messed up trying to find you. I actually chased one dude out of the area. [And a big grin was on his face, as seen in his rear view mirror.]

I'm not entirely sure what exists of EG&G anymore, so I don't know who employes the dudes. Somebody has to swing by the old EG&G Special Projects building in Vegas by the airport and see what is on the sign.

In the section of the video where you are shooting the chopper, what is the location? I see a street light in the video. I don't recall seeing any lighting around the range.

Regarding light "trails" in the sky, I have done many shots like this over the years. The problem is you capture aircraft, probably satellites, and of course stars. The view from TIkaboo towards the base will capture lights from the air traffic flying along route 95 west of the NTTR and clear out to California's Central Valley. If you use the standard radar horizon equation, the distance in statute miles is 1.4*sqrt(height in ft). It is additive, so you need to compute the radar horizon from Tikaboo and that of the plane. [Light is just high frequency radio waves, so the equation holds.] Tikaboo has a horizon of 123 miles. The aircraft are flying at least 30kft MSL. That is 242 miles. So you can see lights 364 miles away. Then the atmosphere absorbs wavelengths differently, so you can't tell much by the color.

I think these long exposures are useful, but if the light is high in the sky, I don't think they are related to the base. Here is a shot where the trail is probably over the range, but not the Groom Lake airspace:

This is a long exposure of a Janet landing at Groom Lake, clearly over the airspace.

I guess lastly, who started the rumor that the new hangar is the base headquarters? I have no way to dispute this, but I haven't heard that before. If anything, I think the new hangar is owned by a contractor and is placed away from the base to keep the contractor from doing too much snooping on other base activity. You may recall in one of the Google Earth data sets, there is a Beechcraft by the hangar which could be that of Northrop.

I don't know if you were "packing" on your trip up Tikaboo, but I would suggest using a walking stick. You never know when it might be necessary to poke an animal that wants to get close. Having done the hike more than a few times, you generally don't find any wildlife once you are hiking the last mile. There is no water, and unlike you, the animals can care less about seeing the base. I did have a prong horn scare the crap out of me once about half a mile from the peak. The walking stick helps on the way down. It reduces the need to "butt surf." ;-)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video. I thought it was well produced. I have seen several shots from that peak, and I will bet it was a fun (and cold) night.

I thought the video could have spent a little more time analyzing the blue object. How about magnified views?

Overall good work. And, I have no idea what the object was. Unknown.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey op I know this isn't what you want to hear but to my eyes, it looks like someone was targeting you with a laser.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Phew, thats a lot of questions but I LOVE IT. Thanks for the interest!!! Here we go.

Your data on Tikaboo is 100% accurate. Most of what you said is in the rough cut of my video just for editing reasons was left out.

I'm sure there have been closer encounters with the Cammos but I've never seen it filmed (other then a quick shot as they pass your car on Groom Lake Rd.) Thats my favorite part of the video. You can tell how caught off guard I am by them approaching in broad daylight knowing we were filming. Even though I know they cant contact you, it still raised the pucker factor, and it shows in the video.

I have an inside contact. EG&G is still the place to go. Confirmed this last night.

Chopper was filmed by the new power plant at.....what are the major freeways by the Loves station? 15 and 93???

The picture. Ahh, that picture. Not stars, the lights are all curved and the blue/green is going the wrong way, red lights all have breaks in the middle. 57 second exposure means that the blue/green light hovered while the red lights traveled slower than the stars. It could be an earthly aircraft but the blue/green one is not. This has been confirmed by the photographer who was just published for a night series he shot of Phoenix Sky Harbor. He knows how to shoot aircraft, been doing it for years. He is 100% sure its not an airplane that we know of. I, myself spent 8 years in the Marines and now work for the leading air and space contractor. I live, eat, and sleep military aircraft and all their aspects, its my job. Whats in the picture is nothing I know of. I have also passed it around work. Today it was an hour long lunch break with three Apache test pilots. Two said "no comment" with the third stating he's never seen anything like that.

Trust me, I'm really trying to disprove the photo. I cant, no matter what I do. While I'm not on board with the whole alien space craft thing, it truly is a UFO.

I found a "map" of inside the base and they had the base headquarters listed there. This is Completely unverified however. Could very well be bogus.

Two walking poles are needed for Tikaboo and we'll be taking them next time. We are extremely well versed hikers (hell, we have the Grand Canyon to play in). Check out some of my other videos for more desert stuff.

Again, thank you for your comment. Happy exploring!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

This is the one possibility I keep coming back to. Played with a TON of laser targeting systems over my 8 years in the Marines and you could very well be right. No ground source can be seen. I know that doesn't rule it out but....

Guess I should be glad I still have my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join