It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Missile Cause the Texas Explosion? ['Flash' Before Explosion]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here is a video of the explosion, taken from amateur footage.

The clip is slowed down and if you look closely, there is a seeming projectile that comes in from the left of the picture just as the huge explosion occurs-

There is clearly a flash just before the explosion...

Thoughts?

edit on 18-4-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

No.
edit on Thu Apr 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Strange noise (sonic boom, propulsion) can be heard in this video before explosion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

No.

What is the flash then, I'm not disagreeing but simply stating 'no' doesn't really help.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Why would there be the need to fire a missile at it?

It was already on fire and was always a chance it was going to blow up anyway...

edit on 18/4/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

No.

What is the flash then, I'm not disagreeing but simply stating 'no' doesn't really help.

Thanks.

The smoke was drifting to the left so gasses could have done likewise then exploded. Calling a flash/flare a 'projectile' is a bit fanciful imo. Plus in the case of a missile there surely would have been a tell tale streak on the approach seen by someone.
edit on 18-4-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It was already on fire and was always going to blow up anyway...

What is the 'flash' then, it is clearly visible just before the explosion occurs.

I don't know what it is, I'm asking...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

No.

Thanks.

The smoke was drifting to the left so gasses could have done likewise then exploded. I'm not seeing a projectile/missile anywhere. Plus there would most likely have also been a tell tale streak on the approach and no one has yet reported that.

So there may have been a reaction in the air with the smoke that was drifting left, just before the whole thing blew up? Almost like a chain reaction?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No...picture a gun right before the bullet goes off. There is a small flash.High explosives like this one are unstable chemicals. When enough energy is put into them, they react by dropping to a lower energy state. When they do that they rapidly give up the stored chemical energy in the form of heat, formation of gasses, and blast.

More info can be found here
edit on 18-4-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

link   
Did not see any indications that there was a missile from the video. You should google video from the Henderson Nevada explosion of the plant that was making solid propellant for the space shuttle program. It's pretty AWESOME! The 'secondary' explosion in the video is probably just the fertilizer that was ready for shipment.

link   
The tank vented due to failure from fire etc. As the gas expanded it ignited. Watch videos of refinery/ tanker fires.

Its similar to a back draft effect

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It was already on fire and was always going to blow up anyway...

What is the 'flash' then, it is clearly visible just before the explosion occurs.

I don't know what it is, I'm asking...

Could it not be a smaller explosion of anything in the area that was already on fire triggering the main blast?

Why a cruise missile?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It was already on fire and was always a chance it was going to blow up anyway...

They're after the gardeners now.

Ain't no place in the new world order for a green thumb.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Like I stated in your other thread, it was the ignition of the ammonium nitrate fire with the surrounding materials, be it fumes in the air, or exposure to other chemical elements, or organic elements used in the facility.

the MSDS, as follows.

Flammability of the Product:
May be combustible at high temperature.
Auto-Ignition Temperature:
300°C (572°F)
Flash Points:
CLOSED CUP: Higher than 93.3°C (200°F).
Flammable Limits:
Not available.
Products of Combustion:
Not available.
Fire Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Slightly flammable to flammable in presence of heat, of combustible materials, of organic materials. Non-flammable in
presence of shocks.
Explosion Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Risks of explosion of the product in presence of mechanical impact: Not available. Risks of explosion of the product in
presence of static discharge: Not available. Slightly explosive in presence of heat, of combustible materials, of organic
materials, of metals.
Fire Fighting Media and Instructions:
Oxidizing material. Do not use water jet. Use flooding quantities of water. Avoid contact with organic materials.
Special Remarks on Fire Hazards:
Caution: Strong Oxidizer. Contact with material may cause a fire. Contact with combustible or organic materials may cause
fire.
Special Remarks on Explosion Hazards:
It is an oxidizing agent and can self-ignite/detonate when in contact with powdered metals and some organic materials such as
Urea and Acetic Acid.

No conspiracy, just poor fire containment methods, which ended tragically. Again, read all MSDS with chemicals, even if it's a common fertilizer from home depot or lowes, not everything works the same, and if you don't follow the instructions on the MSDS you will do serious harm, or die.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I actually think it's something to do with the camera, like a lens flare or something because in the video below, there's no sign of that flash...

Better off clicking on the link to watch it in HD too, It's much better quality.

And yes, they're waaaay too close.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
after seeing this photo which came from the link below it.

VIDEO: Footage shows deadly blast at fertilizer plant fire near Waco, Texas

see the blown out tank tops.
i believe it was a bleve. here is a video about bleves'

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Ok thanks, made all the more tragic given this has happened before, almost 66 years to the day.

You would think given what happened last time there would be better rules and regulations in place to avoid repeating another disaster

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
MSM is now reporting that the explosion is categorized as suspicious. It may be criminal in nature.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

Ok thanks, made all the more tragic given this has happened before, almost 66 years to the day.

You would think given what happened last time there would be better rules and regulations in place to avoid repeating another disaster

That is the bad thing here, fire departments, police stations and EMTs should all have MSDS for pretty much all common household and commercial products, because some things are like a grease fire, if you use water, you'll make it worse. Certain products emit toxic fumes if you mix other things with them, I mean all of these things are deadly, and most people don't even bother reading the labels, they just buy the stuff and use it.

I'd like to hear from an EMT or LEO/Firefighter on here, and understand if they take courses with various MSDS scenarios.. if not, I think this plant explosion is a good time to do it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I actually think it's something to do with the camera, like a lens flare or something because in the video below, there's no sign of that flash...

Better off clicking on the link to watch it in HD too, It's much better quality.

And yes, they're waaaay too close.

That video in HD clearly shows the 'flash', it actually looks like something impacts into the fire before the explosion.

I'm not saying a missile was fired into it but there is an unmistakable 'flash', or seeming impact before the explosion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join