It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GYM is not a place to chat/text!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
People are waiting to use the equipment, if you are done with it, GTFO! but instead you see people sitting on the machine for 15 mins plus and smiling at their phones like retards.

I barely have time in this busy life, and i take 1-2hrs to get some workout done, but i can't. Bunch of lazy people either come here to do 5 min on treadmill and watch girl's ass rest of the day, or just clickity click with their girl/boy friend while hogging the machine.

I tend to go to next machine and hopefully by the time i finish this, they would be done with theirs, but nooo, still there texting.

I usually don't tell people to get the F out of the machine, maybe im too nice or maybe im Canadian.... but if i stare at you sitting on the machine for 3 sec, and you don't understand what the meaning(most do) then you must be slow in the head.

Oh yeah, also those people that throw their towels on a machine to prevent others from using it, then go to next machine, and come back to the first machine.

Learn some Gym Etiquette! We just want to work out and go home and rest! not wait for your relationship drama to end!

I guess its a mini-rant.
edit on 4/18/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Agreed.
Add car, grocery store checkout lines, movie theaters and a host of other places to the list of where not to text/chat.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I guess in some cases its okay, i mean if you are waiting in line for it, i see no harm in texting. The problem when you delay someone else.

Canadian police are getting more strict about people not having both their hands on wheel at all time... i personally drive better with 1 hand, easy to maneuver.
edit on 4/18/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If it looks like they are just chatting and not using it, just politely ask if they've finished. Usually works.

CX.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My wife and I were at a restaurant eating lunch a few days back. I saw a young couple come in and sit down and immediately pull out their phones and start texting people. The whole time they sat there they texted and might have said 5 actual words to each other. The only time they stoped was fort a moment when their food came, and even then it was phone in one hand fork in the other.

Its pretty damn sad to see all the people all around you all the time with phone in hand and their heads down.

I refuse to have a cellphone simply because they are so prevalent. Plus the conspiract theorist in me thinks about this: Why "chip" the population when everyone already has a cellphone? It is effectively an RFID chip that people willingly carry around with them that keeps track of who your friends/contacts are, phone conversations, website visiting habits, online purchases, all kinds of information in a small powerful electronic device. Hmm, I think I will make a thread about this now that I think more about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have to agree!

Another thing that pisses me off - DROP SETS! Put the [SNIP] weights back! it looks like the racks just been [SNIP] bombed.

I respect other gym members, if they want to use the machine I'm using, then when I'm cooling off after my set I'll let them use it - this also helps me get back on the set faster than if I wasnt sharing with another person - which is good.

Gym is not for socializing, I see too many people sat there in normal clothes and hats talking and texting etc. If it was my gym I'd have a big sign saying NO [SNIP] ALLOWED - ITS YOUR [SNIP]SET

Nice to know ATS has some bodybuilders/gym goers

edit on 18-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Things I hate at the gym:

1. Not re-racking weights.
2. Guys trying to pick up women.
3. People screaming while they work out
4. Posing in front of a mirror so I can't see.
5. Sweating all over and not cleaning it up.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Covertblack because: Dyslexic.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Agree with all of the above but i would add another category........those that have no sweat on them!

What the hell is that all about? If you are using the gym equipment, you sweat. Basic human bodily response. If you aren't sweating, you aren't using the equipment properly (or at all) so what the hell are you doing there taking up the space and wasting the time of proper gym users?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I actually don't sweat at the gym unless I'm doing a lot of cardio. Like, I'll get a sticky sheen, but I have never been covered in sweat to the point its literally in rivulets down my body. When I lift I get sweaty pits or whatever (sexy) and a sweaty back, but nothing that you could see without getting right up in my face and having a good old look.

It hacks me off no end when people just sit on the machines and don't even use them.
This one guy sat on the machine for the entire duration of my weight work out... I kept my eye on him the whole time because I really wanted to use the machine he was on... and he didn't even use it. Just sat there...

There was this one new girl who joined the classes we did, who just decided she was going to sit this one out (which isn't recommended because it's a high intensity, high impact class, and you need to warm down before you just leave) and she sat down at the edge of the class in someones way, and just sat on her phone. Then while her friend was still working out, tried to communicate with her over the music...
edit on 18-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Last time i went to bar with bunch of friends and their friends... we met.. talked for 5 min, and everyone took out their phone... 2 hrs later, we said goodbyes.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Texting annoys me in general. Having sex? Oh, wait, the girl has to respond to a text message. You get the idea. Just wait until Google Glass shows up.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

5. Sweating all over and not cleaning it up

reply to post by Flavian

I think he just means clean up after using the machine. I usually clean the seats and handles with IPA solution and paper towel, they have at the gym. i only use my towel on my face and neck.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Covertblack

5. Sweating all over and not cleaning it up

reply to post by Flavian

I think he just means clean up after using the machine. I usually clean the seats and handles with IPA solution and paper towel, they have at the gym. i only use my towel on my face and neck.

Yes, clean off the equipment if you leave it soaked. You wouldn't want to lay in someone else's sweat, so don't make them lay in yours.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Lol you have to understand some people don't know how sets work, and what type of weights you will be using as a set.

I mainly do about 30 mins of cardio, then on to 1 hour of weights.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I understand man its so bleepin annoying beyond belief, I went with my friends brother and he did exactly what you described sat on the leg machine smiling at his fone probably bragging to his gf that hes hittin the gym, thats the first last and only time he comes with me, I dont think people like that no what the gym is for

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Screw those types of people. They are being rude, so be rude right back at them. Loudly, though not shouting, tell them that they are hindering those who are waiting. Narcissists hate being called out. Embarrass them.

But be semi-polite about it. No swearing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Heres a couple of idiots that you all see daily. Though I will admit it is funny.

C'mon people....get a life!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Invest in a cell phone signal blocker. Had mine shipped in. It’s so funny to watch everyone’s reactions when the whole rooms cell phone service dies. Hahaha

Works great in the movies when you ask the pre-tweens nicely to get off there phones and they dont. haha

edit on 18-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

haha nice, i did not know such this are publically available. This is gonna be great! But i know 1-2 people might be expecting an emergency phone call from their sick family members or kids.

new topics

top topics

join