It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause and Mods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

You've made an unfounded accusation. The onus of proof is upon you, not upon those you accuse. It has been stated that we, as staff, can applaud anything that WE choose to. There is no restriction or guide to what we can or cannot applaud.

Your approach is twisted and does smack of butthurt.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

My last couple of applause has come from me doing research on a topic and posting it, furthering the discussion going on in the thread. It's not hard to get them. All you have to do is provide well thought meaningful content and increase the knowledge going on in the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just so you know I am a nobody here so I dont think it has anything to do with cliques. I dont talk to any mods or members outside of threads. I learned so much from reading other people's threads on how to construct a good thread. It takes practice.

Chin up! Smile! Make your next thread your best thread.
edit on 19-4-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

The way I see it... a staff person can give applause to any member they want to for many various reasons.

Also...I think it is a very personal experience between the staff person and the member they give the applause to.

The few times I have gotten applause (and this is every time by the way) was when I least expected it. It has always come as a surprise to me. It is really a good feeling to get the validation.

Honestly...I never really expect any...but when they have happened...I feel good and I smile for a while.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You've made an unfounded accusation. The onus of proof is upon you, not upon those you accuse. It has been stated that we, as staff, can applaud anything that WE choose to. There is no restriction or guide to what we can or cannot applaud.

Your approach is twisted and does smack of butthurt.

I wasn't even talking about you Hef, in fact I did appreciate the u2u you sent me stating you liked that thread
about the boxing match but I suppose it wasn't applause worthy.

I posted a thread solving a 2000 year old riddle in the Bible and it got no applause and like a comment above mine stated, just knowing it was appreciated makes a lot of difference to a persons thinking about whether it is even worth the time to post if you know you posted something profound yet my thread got all of what, 6 views?

no, I stopped posting my insights long ago and the T&C's seems like its only enforced on occasion and calling someone butthurt is acceptable as treating me with respect?

If I read that other post correctly one person got 6 applauds from the same mod within a half hour?

Tell me again some aren't rewarded more than others and that my friend entirely proves my point.

It's like the explanation "If" a mod likes your post... has nothing to do with content, merely whether that content is appealing to a mod and to me, that promotes some viewpoints over others by the encouragement it gives the poster.

You all thinking I am butthurt is laughable. My confidence doesn't revolve around what ATS thinks of me I assure you. In fact lets just say I am butthurt and am demanding a total ban. I lose nothing nor is it an attack on my psyche... in fact it gives you all what you want, an easy out of an uncomfortable situation

suit yourselves as it only proves my point that a clique exists and some are deemed worthy of reward while others are ignored.

to thine own self be true.

adios

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I think you need a great big hug and some of Des' cookies!

If you are writing posts for applause, that is the wrong reason. Applause will come... just keep writing and researching. ATS is a huge place with many forums. Are there certain topics that interest you? Start there.

Also, just a little motherly advice,, you attract more flies with sugar than vinegar.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

If I read that other post correctly one person got 6 applauds from the same mod within a half hour?

ummm NO... those were given to 6 different members and I'm not posting the names...

edit on 20-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You would be mistaken, sir.

I, personally, applaud all sorts of posts, including one's that I disagree with. If they're well written, and aid in the conversation? They deserve notice.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

suit yourselves as it only proves my point that a clique exists and some are deemed worthy of reward while others are ignored.

If you believe a clique exists, then you are right.... just not in the way you believe. Certain posters will draw attention from other posters. When that happens, a good thread can become great. If someone has a great post that is applauded, and another person builds upon that post, it is more likely to be applauded.

One thing that will not get you applauded in a post is attacking other people and making generalizations. Also, apparently Shakira pictures.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join