It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your request timed out" notice stops posting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
*Just got if for this post as well, I copy pasted the following) Several times I've written replies to a post and they haven't been posted because of a "Your request timed out" notice. I tried quicker posts, not very long at all, and have gotten the same notice. Is that just my computer or is this a site-wide problem, and does anyone know what to do about it. Thanks

(It took me three times to post this, even with a quick copy/paste that took no more than ten seconds.)
edit on 18-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Its happening to me too. I just hit back and hit post reply again. Usually works

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

This exact thing has been driving me crazy since yesterday! I am now copying every reply before posting because it is such a pain to have to retype everything three or four times!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
YEP .. getting that all this morning.
I wonder if it's a cyber attack thing like the other day?

I'm not a computer person so I don't know.
But it's really frustrrating.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Its happening to me too. I just hit back and hit post reply again. Usually works
same here, i'll bet this site is under intense scrutiny because of news events in the last few days
edit on 18-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Alright, so it isn't localized to any one computer. Which means the admins have been getting it as well, so maybe someone will be "on it" and it will run its course. Thanks for all the quick replies.

In times like this, copy and paste is our friend.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Please visit the R.A.T.S. forum, and look for SkepticOverlord's thread. See page 16.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yes, I have had the same thing all night. At first, I thought I had pissed off TPTB at ATS, but suspect the explosion in Texas may have affected some of the routing for the site.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
been having this problem since yesterday.
too it wouldn't post kept trying and trying.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
site problem... someone is monitoring this information.. keep up the good work...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparantly time will heal all wounds. Until then, copy and paste is our friend.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Me to

i can't believe this posted lol

edit on 18-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: posts

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

No problem. In my mind's eye there's a group of very clever guys with lots of degrees (and probably lots of Star Wars memorabilia in the room) feverishly hacking away at their keyboards trying to find the problem. ATS needs the full power of its community in these times, so I'm pretty sure it's high priority. Maybe we can have some more caffeine sent to them to speed them along?

In the mean time, hang tight, and when you write a post, be sure to do so in a Word Processor (or even Notepad) and not directly in the browser window.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
if it continues I have found that if you just hit the refresh button in your browser you may/will not have to retype your posts. Ive had this problem since yesterday and haven been using the "refresh" icon and have yet had to retype my work.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Touch and go here too. I have been hitting preview, then reply, with moderate success.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Me, too!
Right click, refresh, retry, it goes up.
Annoying but haven't lost anything since I figured out the right sequence.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
me too
it brutal trying to maintain a thread
and im on a shaky WIFI to boot
and the Pms don't recover

aaarrrggghhhh

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yeah It keeps happening to me too no matter what I post. I wasn't sure if it was just my CPU but now I know you guys have the same problem.

I don't mind, though - I just go back (your text is still safe) and re-click the "reply" button.

Here, it did it again as I replied here...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Please visit the R.A.T.S. forum, and look for SkepticOverlord's thread. See page 16.

What's the RATS?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Really Above Top Secret. (RATS) It's post restricted to 200 posts, but you have enough to get in.

Check the forums page for the link in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join