It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird to see a journalist actually holding someone accountable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is a short video about this Irish journalist Vincent Browne!

Link to video

What do you think?

Should we do something about this poor responds we are getting? i mean..this happens on daily bases! journalists given the cold shoulders... looking at the questions that are thrown out there! its really a GOOD QUESTION!

The crew, posse, whatever .. sitting on the right side of the (StupidFace) who gets the questions.. are answering for him...its embarrassing to watch really.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The reporter definitely left no wiggle room (and wiggle the panel did). Simple question that was dodged and never really answered. I thought the next step was for the panel to call security..

What got me was the reporter was serious and had a ligitiment gripe yet the panel had silly smiles on their faces as if they didn't take this man seriously. So smug these bastages are...

The same question needs to be hammered by all national reporters in their respective nations affected by huge damage done to the economies of nations.

We will never see it though and it shows.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

This is old news, I think I have seen the video posted on ATS before. In any case regarding your position, the question is good the issue was more an inability/unwillingness of the bankster to respond (he avoided passing the hot potato, most of the time people blame the EU or in this case the ECB as a scape goat to local government). Not defending no one but pointing out that the question was being asked to the wrong person in the first place.

The proper response would have been "I think that is a very good question, that you should ask the Irish government: My job is to protect the European Central Bank interests as reflected in its statutes. In those statutes Ireland interests need to be balanced with the rest of the participants taking also in consideration the Irish Government views, proposals and policies." (he could have said more about the details of the deal but it was not his place to inform the public in regards to the Irish situation, that falls to the government. For what I understand he was only stating the ECB views regarding the deal that was made and being diplomatic about it.)

edit on 18-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

That... was.... just... awesome.. Some American journalist could learn a thing or two from him.

The simple fact he couldn't answer the question is the only reason for them to pay taxes and the debt of the defunct bank is the EU Central banks want the money even though they are the ones who screwed up.

Grim

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
On the subject of dogged questioning;
The infamous Jeremy Paxman

Sorry, I'm not getting any sound.
I hope others are.
edit on 18-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
The reporter definitely left no wiggle room (and wiggle the panel did). Simple question that was dodged and never really answered. I thought the next step was for the panel to call security..

What got me was the reporter was serious and had a ligitiment gripe yet the panel had silly smiles on their faces as if they didn't take this man seriously. So smug these bastages are...

The same question needs to be hammered by all national reporters in their respective nations affected by huge damage done to the economies of nations.

We will never see it though andbondholders want their money, simple as that, they don't care how they get it, or who it comes from. just because they say they take risks doesn't mean they actually do.....the nation that owes the money simply taxes it's people more. it shows.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
True this is rare breed indeed!

Most journalists now are kinda forced to a side.. left or right, few choose to go solo..scared of not getting a job.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Gotta love this

Peoples comfort zones are breaking

top topics

join