It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Loom: The Curious Case of James Tilly Matthews

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok, I'm lost, how did midgets with magnets come in to this whole thing?

2nd

edit on 21-5-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Alright,

2nd post because I'm dying of laughter...

Bedlam:

dwarf-wielded bar magnets

Evolved to...

abeverage:

midgets with magnets

Midgets with Magnets? that would have been more fun than Dungeons & Dragons, right?

I honestly still don't know where you guys got that. Do you mean the Pneumatic Practitioners?

edit on 21-5-2013 by Bybyots because: Too funny

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So, it's funny that midgets and magnets has come up. I had been meaning to mention this but I forgot until, well; midgets and magnets.

I was wondering if the Air Loom gang, sequestered in some basement cellar located along London Wall, reminded anyone else of the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks?

Black and White Lodges

edit on 22-5-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by abeverage

That might be because astute ATSers understand that such stimulation is caused by time-varying magnetic fields and not dwarf-wielded bar magnets, but more likely it didn't seem relevant.

Regardless of who or what I find it fascinating that it is being scientifically proven that magnets do have an effect on the brain and that the so called sufferer of Schizophrenia somehow concocted or correlated this.

Well, they didn't really, unless they've got a fairly advanced setup.

You can't just stick magnets on your hat and get this to work. The devices you reference use time-varying magnetic fields to induce a small current in the conductive goo in your head. They're applying varying frequencies of AC to small electromagnets located in strategic locations. It's not like truthermantwo's magnet hat - that does nothing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Somewhere in Haslam's account is a story by Matthews wherein he describes how, when he was in his bedroom, he was 'controlled' or 'tortured' by teams of dwarves who would locate themselves in the next room over and use bar magnets to influence his cranial magnet implants.

It's similar to the stories you hear about people in the next room over using microwave beams for the same effect.

ETA: I have this mental image of a half-dozen dwarves doing a sort of Morris dance with bar magnets instead of hankies the next room over. Hopefully without bells.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

That might be because astute ATSers understand that such stimulation is caused by time-varying magnetic fields and not dwarf-wielded bar magnets, but more likely it didn't seem relevant.

Regardless of who or what I find it fascinating that it is being scientifically proven that magnets do have an effect on the brain and that the so called sufferer of Schizophrenia somehow concocted or correlated this.

Well, they didn't really, unless they've got a fairly advanced setup.

You can't just stick magnets on your hat and get this to work. The devices you reference use time-varying magnetic fields to induce a small current in the conductive goo in your head. They're applying varying frequencies of AC to small electromagnets located in strategic locations. It's not like truthermantwo's magnet hat - that does nothing.

Who says they were not from the future? Again the fact that magnets at whatever strength or sophistication having an effect on the brain is albeit a fascinating coincidence!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Who says they were not from the future?

Who are you talking about?

Again the fact that magnets at whatever strength or sophistication having an effect on the brain is albeit a fascinating coincidence!

Why?

If you strain hard enough for it, one can draw all sorts of conclusions that are unlikely. Case in point - the Army at one time was deeply into research of "neutral scents" - chemicals that stimulate so-called 'silent' olfactory nerves. We're not sure what they're for - they don't elicit sensations of olfaction. You don't actually smell a scent. But it triggers nerves to the memory and emotional centers of the brain. They may be for pheromones. But some of them cause panic, unease, confusion and the like. Matthews thought that people were being controlled by dog farts and other stenches. WOW! A conclusion from the future!

Or, it's a random correlation. You decide.

BTW, the nature of a time varying magnetic field's effect on a conductive solution is to induce a current. One might also just hook up some wires and get the same effect, the benefit of a time varying h-field is that it's less invasive. That's all.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

And what's just amazing, is that you see an 18th century schizophrenic exhibit EXACTLY the same delusional beliefs you see today.

Implants, mind control, torture at a distance, gang stalking, you name it, he came up with it. And often described in very similar terms.

Yes, indeed. Paranoid Schiz. Of course, sometimes they do have a view into a reality that we normals may miss.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Who says they were not from the future?

Who are you talking about?

Again the fact that magnets at whatever strength or sophistication having an effect on the brain is albeit a fascinating coincidence!

Why?

If you strain hard enough for it, one can draw all sorts of conclusions that are unlikely. Case in point - the Army at one time was deeply into research of "neutral scents" - chemicals that stimulate so-called 'silent' olfactory nerves. We're not sure what they're for - they don't elicit sensations of olfaction. You don't actually smell a scent. But it triggers nerves to the memory and emotional centers of the brain. They may be for pheromones. But some of them cause panic, unease, confusion and the like. Matthews thought that people were being controlled by dog farts and other stenches. WOW! A conclusion from the future!

Or, it's a random correlation. You decide.

BTW, the nature of a time varying magnetic field's effect on a conductive solution is to induce a current. One might also just hook up some wires and get the same effect, the benefit of a time varying h-field is that it's less invasive. That's all.

Yeah but Midgets with Magnets...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I bought the book a couple of weeks ago, just started reading it yesterday. Tis an interesting read so far. Will post again once I'm further through the looking glass.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hi LiveForever8,

I was just wondering if you have read the Air Loom book, and if so, what you thought of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I never did get back to you, apologies.

The book is fantastic (I own the original version) and I still regard it as one of my all time favourites to this day. It's most likely the case that Matthews was mentally ill but there are enough questions left unanswered to make you wonder: what if?

I now own a couple of Mike Jay's other books and several of his articles, he seems to gravitate towards the same weird and wonderful subjects that intrigue me.

If you haven't read it yet, do so asap.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join